WV DQ rules

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gorillagrapplr

WV DQ rules

Postby Gorillagrapplr » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Its my understanding that if a wrestler is DQ'ed they have to sit for 3 matches?

If this is true, I believe there was a wrestler from St. Alban's that got Dq'ed at Wsaz. His third match would have been against South which was cancelled. How will this affect him going into regionals?

guard0544

Re: WV DQ rules

Postby guard0544 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:18 pm

Gorillagrapplr wrote:Its my understanding that if a wrestler is DQ'ed they have to sit for 3 matches?

If this is true, I believe there was a wrestler from St. Alban's that got Dq'ed at Wsaz. His third match would have been against South which was cancelled. How will this affect him going into regionals?

I thought the rule was 2 weigh ins. But maybe I’m mistaken. And I heard WVSSAC said the State duals, although it does not count as weigh ins for any other purpose, could count as weigh ins for said wrestler toward his 2 weigh ins. So I assume he is good to go at regional.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 pm

guard0544 wrote:
Gorillagrapplr wrote:Its my understanding that if a wrestler is DQ'ed they have to sit for 3 matches?

I thought the rule was 2 weigh ins. But maybe I’m mistaken. And I heard WVSSAC said the State duals, although it does not count as weigh ins for any other purpose, could count as weigh ins for said wrestler toward his 2 weigh ins. So I assume he is good to go at regional.

I have also always heard two weigh ins.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:28 am

It’s for the kids

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:03 pm

It is 2 weigh ins…

Don’t see how the state duals can count with it being a post season event / not counting as a weigh in for participating teams, but then again we are dealing with the WVSSAC here and they are about worthless… so….

But, it ultimately won’t matter, he will get tossed again at states and we’ll be back to square one..

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
- Saint Alban

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:30 am

10% of the season

Wear a Steubenville singlet and that won’t happen. The official in question condoned the same situation at ovac and became agitated when the language was pointed out. It’s ok though, it’s all for the kids.

crochog93

Postby crochog93 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:20 am

mscoach57 wrote:10% of the season

Wear a Steubenville singlet and that won’t happen. The official in question condoned the same situation at ovac and became agitated when the language was pointed out. It’s ok though, it’s all for the kids.

I’ve noticed that those that are doing it “for the kids” typically have a northern bias…

mscoach106

Postby mscoach106 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:47 am

10% of the season (As already Mentioned) the the SSAC rule for all sports

In Wrestling each team gets 18 weigh ins. so 10% of that is 1.8 (Round up to 2)

if a team participated in the State Duals and if that doesn't count toward the normal weigh in count of 18 but instead increases to 20. then that disqualification is still 2 weigh ins. (Note: while most of you know there could be some confusion here. Weigh In is not actually the number of times one steps on the scale but instead points assigned to an even based on the number of teams at the event. Duals = 0.5, Tri and Quads = 1, 5+ teams = 2)

So if it is easier to think 10% or of it is easier to think 2 weigh ins. they are both correct.

Return to “High School Wrestling”