South #1

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Doyablameme?

South #1

Postby Doyablameme? » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:27 pm

Great job by the kids and coaches !

KDunbar

Re: South #1

Postby KDunbar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:02 pm

I would also like to congratulate the entire South team for the effort they have continued to put forth all year.

And, although I'm not counting out the teams of Wheeling Park and Spring Mills, I also want to congratulate University who has a strong team from top to bottom. It should be a very fun and interesting AAA team race (and I'm also looking forward to Point Pleasant and Fairmont Senior going head to head). We'll see where things shake out after regionals and the pill draw, but I can see the AAA team points being as close as they were at the WSAZ tournament recently. The title will likely not be "won" or "decided" by those wrestlers expected to finish first, second, or even third. Rather it will be the wrestlers who may not even place but racked up some wins by pins to score for their team. Just one wrestler from one team beating out a wrestler from their closest competitor just to compete for fifth/sixth place is at least an 8 point swing in the final team score. Every team needs to push and encourage all of their teammates to give their maximal effort this year more than ever. That's wrestling at its best.

Return to “High School Wrestling”