Tickets for State Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
ReeseHayes

Tickets for State Tournament

Postby ReeseHayes » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:03 am

I see tickets are for sale on Ticketmaster, but will they also be available for purchase at the gate?

Doyablameme?

Re: Tickets for State Tournament

Postby Doyablameme? » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:05 pm

Good question. The tix on Ticketmaster are 45 dollars plus fees of 6 dollars for an All Session Pass…I doubt one would pay such fees if purchasing them at the arena ( note to RSFPKB ) ;)

ReeseHayes

Postby ReeseHayes » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:46 am

Does anyone know if tickets will be sold at the gate? Will it be cash only. Ticketmaster prices are deceiving. It states that tickets for ALL sessions are $45 including fees. When tickets are added to the cart the price goes up to $50 each and then adds fees of $6.12 per ticket making the total $56.12 per ticket.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:40 pm

ReeseHayes wrote:Does anyone know if tickets will be sold at the gate? Will it be cash only. Ticketmaster prices are deceiving. It states that tickets for ALL sessions are $45 including fees. When tickets are added to the cart the price goes up to $50 each and then adds fees of $6.12 per ticket making the total $56.12 per ticket.

I see the same thing as u on the Mountain Health Arena Facebook site. My guess is that Mr Archer will make an announcement on this as the tourney draws closer.( maybe an intercepted memo ). For me , not having to possibly wait in line to buy said tickets is worth an extra 10-11 dollars … having said that , I know of plenty of people that ( TSFNPKBG), ain’t a gonna pay the extra caeeeesssh.

stihlasb

Postby stihlasb » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:58 pm

There is option to buy all session pass for $45.00
After tax and fees total is $51.01

ReeseHayes

Postby ReeseHayes » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:43 am

I can see in the “What’s New” section that tickets will also be digital at the gate. Will these tickets be $45 without extra fees, or will they be subject to same fees that are tacked on through Ticketmaster? It would make sense to purchase through Ticketmaster if the final cost is going to be the same, but if there are no fees and tickets are straight up $45 then it makes sense to wait, especially for families that need to purchase multiple tickets.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:47 am

I’ve sent another email to Wayne Ryan at the WVSSAC.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

BsWrestler72

Postby BsWrestler72 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:20 pm

So does this mean I cant get a paper ticket? What if I dont have a mobil device?

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:46 pm

BsWrestler72 wrote:So does this mean I cant get a paper ticket? What if I dont have a mobil device?

I think there is a carpool organized in the East headed West

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:29 pm

admin wrote:I’ve sent another email to Wayne Ryan at the WVSSAC.

Time is running out and a seemingly simple question for those in charge to answer remains. Is the cost at the gate/box office the face value price or since everything is digital, will there be the same fees added to the cost?

jofus

Postby jofus » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:31 am

Also, I don't see an option to purchase student tickets online, even though they're supposed to be a different price.

Does that mean you have to buy student tickets at the venue?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:45 pm

KDunbar wrote:

Time is running out and a seemingly simple question for those in charge to answer remains. Is the cost at the gate/box office the face value price or since everything is digital, will there be the same fees added to the cost?

See my answer to your question in your other thread. And by "those in charge", I really hope you don't mean me.

All of this is HIGHLY confusing. I think you all know that I would relay any reliable information in a timely manner. I'm just not getting clear answers.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:46 pm

jofus wrote:Also, I don't see an option to purchase student tickets online, even though they're supposed to be a different price.

I wish I knew what to tell you. Although you shouldn't have to do this, I think your best bet would be to check with the Mountain Health Arena box office.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 pm

KDunbar wrote:

Ken : text me

jofus

Postby jofus » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:12 pm

admin wrote:
jofus wrote:Also, I don't see an option to purchase student tickets online, even though they're supposed to be a different price.

I wish I knew what to tell you. Although you shouldn't have to do this, I think your best bet would be to check with the Mountain Health Arena box office.

I went to their webpage and it has the same as ticketmaster, one option for all session passes, $50 (no student option).

Being open early that day doesn't help those of us that live 2+ hours away and are coming after work on Thursday :-|

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:38 pm

admin wrote:
KDunbar wrote:

See my answer to your question in your other thread. And by "those in charge", I really hope you don't mean me.

All of this is HIGHLY confusing. I think you all know that I would relay any reliable information in a timely manner. I'm just not getting clear answers.

I certainly did not mean to imply you were any way in charge. As you have said, you have been awaiting the info to pass on to the rest of us. The idea maybe should have occurred to the WVSSAC to investigate what the "people" they released their tickets to were actually charging for the tickets. As I have said, time will tell. But I reiterate, by those in charge I never meant you, but was lamenting that you were having to await their response.

Return to “High School Wrestling”