The best 4 time state champions

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
South83

Re: The best 4 time state champions

Postby South83 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:55 pm

It is unfortunate that Amos didn't get a chance to wrestle with that 2017 team. Their upper weights were ridiculous with Lambiotte (170 champ), DeLong (182 champ), Allman (195 4X champ), Haga (285 runner-up and future champ) and then add Amos....that is a crazy line up.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:48 pm

Doyablameme? wrote:
Bearhug wrote:Andy Thomas was one of the most dominant wrestlers I ever watched. He's gotta be one of the best four timers.

The Easter brothers were tough as well

One stat that has to be a record is Zach Frazier was only taken down once in his whole high school career

If true …That kinda makes one think he should have participated in some nationally recognized tournaments.
Powerade, Ironman , Beast ..etc

Zach Frazier beat a myersdale kid that was a Fargo placer at the winners choice twice. He beat haga. He also beat a nationally ranked wrestler at the Brooke tournament his senior season and shared the ow at that tournament with Peyton hall at the same one. There were several nationally ranked wrestlers at that tourney. In my opinion if Frazier wrestled the last few years instead of play football at WVU that he could’ve been an all American by now.

mscoach146

Postby mscoach146 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:30 pm

3 out of 4 of Jacob Hart's state championships were matches won against returning state champions.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:50 pm

I am gonna say this one …more ..time :
In no particular order

Brandon Rader
Josh Humphreys
David Jeffrey
Derek Raike

They wrestled on bigger stages while in HS

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:54 pm

guard0544 wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:
Bearhug wrote:Andy Thomas was one of the most dominant wrestlers I ever watched. He's gotta be one of the best four timers.

One stat that has to be a record is Zach Frazier was only taken down once in his whole high school career

If true …That kinda makes one think he should have participated in some nationally recognized tournaments.

I once saw someone throw him to his back and get a takedown and back points on him. Possibly could have resulted in a fall but a rookie ref made a …questionable call…interpreting the newly enacted out of bounds rules. So curious if it’s the same match the other poster is saying is the only person to ever get a takedown on him…or if there were at least two of them.

Nope just the one takedown i believe he was reversed one time too. He pinned both guys 10-15 seconds later. Not sure where there could have possibly a close all on his back because he never gave up a back point. I think you might be mistaken

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:58 pm

guard0544 wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:

I once saw someone throw him to his back and get a takedown and back points on him. Possibly could have resulted in a fall but a rookie ref made a …questionable call…interpreting the newly enacted out of bounds rules. So curious if it’s the same match the other poster is saying is the only person to ever get a takedown on him…or if there were at least two of them.

You are referring to Frazier's match with Chipps of Tyler Consolidated. This was the finals at the Cameron Tournament. We were both there. I don't recall the circumstances but Frazier landed out of bounds on his back.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:30 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
guard0544 wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:

Nope just the one takedown i believe he was reversed one time too. He pinned both guys 10-15 seconds later. Not sure where there could have possibly a close all on his back because he never gave up a back point. I think you might be mistaken

Well, I was there. It was a takedown and two back points. The ref stopped action once Frazier moved his legs out of bounds trying to fight off his back, but his full upper body from his waistline up remained in bounds. Frazier did go on to pin the opponent. But it wasn’t within 10-15 seconds like you stated. The first period ended and it was like a 1 point match. He pinned him midway through the second period.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:10 pm

I believe Josh Humphreys pinned every state tournament opponent over four years in the first period except for one.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:54 pm

mscoach90 wrote:Dylan Cottrell was never scored on at the State Tournament.

A fete that will almost certainly never be accomplished again. Hard to argue with mscoach90 on this one

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:22 pm

I have been out of this sport for awhile now but this question is very misleading because to me EVERYONE that has ever stepped on the mat is a champion.
Every wrestler is alone in the middle of that circle, fighting the unknown, fear, hunger and prays to do well.
To me, no matter where I am in the world, there is always someone that used to wrestle walk up to me and start talking about the sport. That is what makes the sport special.

No one remembers the wins.. only the sacrifices, those hard hot long practices, and the starvations, those are what every wrestler remembers.

To me, YOU will always be a champion for taking on the toughest sport in the world.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:28 pm

GRECO wrote:I have been out of this sport for awhile now but this question is very misleading because to me EVERYONE that has ever stepped on the mat is a champion.
Every wrestler is alone in the middle of that circle, fighting the unknown, fear, hunger and prays to do well.
To me, no matter where I am in the world, there is always someone that used to wrestle walk up to me and start talking about the sport. That is what makes the sport special.

No one remembers the wins.. only the sacrifices, those hard hot long practices, and the starvations, those are what every wrestler remembers.

To me, YOU will always be a champion for taking on the toughest sport in the world.

Are you recommending trophies for everyone ?

Bearhug

Postby Bearhug » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:40 am

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:

Zach Frazier beat a myersdale kid that was a Fargo placer at the winners choice twice. He beat haga. He also beat a nationally ranked wrestler at the Brooke tournament his senior season and shared the ow at that tournament with Peyton hall at the same one. There were several nationally ranked wrestlers at that tourney. In my opinion if Frazier wrestled the last few years instead of play football at WVU that he could’ve been an all American by now.

Frazier beat Jacob Padilla (Ohio state champion and wrestler at Ohio University) in the finals of the Brooke Tournament

And Frazier beat Austin Chapman (WV State champion and wrestler at Clarion University) multiple times.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:08 pm

Peyton Hall, Humphrey, Adams

mattman

Postby mattman » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:19 am

[quote="Letsgooo"]
Peyton Hall, Humphrey, good picks

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Doyablameme? wrote:
GRECO wrote:I have been out of this sport for awhile now but this question is very misleading because to me EVERYONE that has ever stepped on the mat is a champion.

Are you recommending trophies for everyone ?

Well looks like your state is making everyone a state champion by watering it down even more. Good job in accomplishing that task.

Return to “High School Wrestling”