1 & 2 Split Pill

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
MiniManiac

1 & 2 Split Pill

Postby MiniManiac » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:09 pm

Every weight class where a 1 and 2 split COULD’VE occurred

AAA 113 Matthew Dolan vs Ben McComas
AAA 144 Bradyn Lucas vs Moses Eads
AAA 157 Ethan Osborne vs Dom Parker
AAA 175 Gage Wright vs Luca Felix
AAA 215 Brock Kehler vs Erick Brothers

A/AA 144 Kolbie Hamilton vs Blayne Jarvis

Stateinthaobvious

Re: 1 & 2 Split Pill

Postby Stateinthaobvious » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:51 pm

That list is too big to be swept under the rug and I 100% agree with every one.

Every 1 & 2 should a been split. If you do it for one weight class you do it for all. To do otherwise brings the tournaments legitimacy into question.

This is the state tournament. Not a 3 ring circus trying to give the folks in the stands a show. Split them all or put the others back how they were.
Last edited by Stateinthaobvious on Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:16 pm

[flash=][/flash]
MiniManiac wrote:Every weight class where a 1 and 2 split COULD’VE occurred

AAA 113 Matthew Dolan vs Ben McComas
AAA 144 Bradyn Lucas vs Moses Eads
AAA 157 Ethan Osborne vs Dom Parker
AAA 175 Gage Wright vs Luca Felix
AAA 215 Brock Kehler vs Erick Brothers

A/AA 144 Kolbie Hamilton vs Blayne Jarvis

Huh ?

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 pm

Every pill split Kehler/Broyhers.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Stateinthaobvious wrote:That list is too big to be swept under the rug and I 100% agree with every one.

Every 1 & 2 should a been split. If you do it for one weight class you do it for all. To do otherwise brings the tournaments legitimacy into question.

This is the state tournament. Not a 3 ring circus trying to give the folks in the stands a show. Split them all or put the others back how they were.

(Face palm….) I think the original poster meant these are the classes where a clear cut 1 and 2 were in place and should be split should the pill draw match them up on the same side.

Only 3 classes were changed where the clear cut 1 and 2 determined by the coaches committee were matched up in the same side.

AAA 144
AA 157
AA 120

All the above list were naturally separated by the pill (minus AAA 144)

How can every 1 and 2 be split when there isn’t a clear cut 1 & 2 in every weight class. A couple classes have 3 in contention. So what’s your bright idea then?

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
Ben Askren

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Stateinthaobvious wrote:That list is too big to be swept under the rug and I 100% agree with every one.

The original post and this post is a little off and not really understanding what actually occurred, at least in AAA. This was addressed already in the prior post topic titled "AAA state bracket pairings and the pill". The pill drawn originally in AAA was pill 3 and this just happened to seperate the wrestlers felt by the coaches that were the clear #1 and #2 and not in the same region without any need to make any changes except at the 144 weight class, where Lucas and Eads were seperated. I never looked at what happened in AA/A, but this post is mainly citing AAA matches. So I believe the accusations made have no substance. One has to understand, those felt to be a clear #1 and #2 are not the wrestlers listed as such in the rankings posted on this site, but the ones decided on in the coaches meeting after the regionals. So in their view they were all seperated.

Ravenswood Coach #3

Postby Ravenswood Coach #3 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:56 am

ringworm14 wrote:

(Face palm….) I think the original poster meant these are the classes where a clear cut 1 and 2 were in place and should be split should the pill draw match them up on the same side.

Only 3 classes were changed where the clear cut 1 and 2 determined by the coaches committee were matched up in the same side.

AAA 144
AA 157
AA 120

All the above list were naturally separated by the pill (minus AAA 144)

How can every 1 and 2 be split when there isn’t a clear cut 1 & 2 in every weight class. A couple classes have 3 in contention. So what’s your bright idea then?

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
Ben Askren

I think we should Rank the 4 region champs then use the pill after that. That would help a lot i think.

mattman

Postby mattman » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:30 am

How many 1 and 2 finals matches did we see?

Return to “High School Wrestling”