Update on State tournament All Sessions pass

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
KDunbar

Update on State tournament All Sessions pass

Postby KDunbar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:54 am

Just spoke with the Mountain Health Arena Box Office. They will be open tomorrow starting 10 AM until 8 pm. Did not check on prices for single sessions tickets, but for All Sessions passes (despite their website listing the price at $45) the price at the box office will be $50. I didn't ask if they take cash, but I'm assuming maybe not.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Update on State tournament All Sessions pass

Postby admin » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:41 pm

KDunbar wrote:Just spoke with the Mountain Health Arena Box Office. They will be open tomorrow starting 10 AM until 8 pm. Did not check on prices for single sessions tickets, but for All Sessions passes (despite their website listing the price at $45) the price at the box office will be $50. I didn't ask if they take cash, but I'm assuming maybe not.

If you look under "What's New" for February 25, it specifically states that cash is not accepted.

After calling, texting, and emailing regarding ticket prices, I have had several different answers, so your guess is as good as mine as to what the price is going to be. Wayne Ryan specifically told me in an email that they are $45.

This is an email I received from Wayne:

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2023 11:21 AM
To: Jenny Hannan
Subject: Re: Mountain Health Arena to Host WVSSAC State Wrestling Tournament

Understand - we can't raise our prices without our board approving the change. Not sure about the confusion.

We have always said 45

So, take that information and do with it what you wish...
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

standincoach

Postby standincoach » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:28 pm

:lol: something as simple as the price of a ticket is this difficult? Yet people are wanting changes to regions and &*^&(? Haha will take rocket scientist to figure that out it seems. And crazy that one price says $50 and then the lip service email about not being able to change ticket prices but then that conversation the tickets are $45?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhwhat?

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:17 pm

standincoach wrote::lol: something as simple as the price of a ticket is this difficult? Yet people are wanting changes to regions and &*^&(? Haha will take rocket scientist to figure that out it seems. And crazy that one price says $50 and then the lip service email about not being able to change ticket prices but then that conversation the tickets are $45?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhwhat?

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that the "price" of the ticket is indeed $45, if you bought them from the WVSSAC. I'm also guessing the extra $5 is what the "box office" charges for selling the WVSSAC's tickets for them. Time will tell, but it is a little less expensive than ticketmaster.

Return to “High School Wrestling”