113 AAA

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
pin2win

113 AAA

Postby pin2win » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:46 pm

What happened to the missing wrestler?

MiniManiac

Re: 113 AAA

Postby MiniManiac » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:29 am

I’m not sure I know there’s a lot of rumors flying around, but what happened to the bracket did he get runner-up or voided what ended up going down. Hopefully he is ok waiting for an update.

You have to feel bad for Dolan not being able to outright when his last state title.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:32 am

I don't know the reason why but he did not come to weigh ins Saturday morning (Illness, injury, weight problems are all posibilities I suppose). However, I will clear up one thing. The software being used to display the brackets does something rather funky. When a wrestler does not wrestle in the next match, for whatever reason, it replaces their name as the winner of their last match with the word "Forfeit". This kind of makes it look like they were D/Qed, but they were not. Thus, their name is left in for the other matches they wrestled. Just wanted to make sure it was not interpreted as a D/Q, for the wrestler's benefit. There are other wrestlers that had to drop out and it is shown in the same fashion for them. If they started the match and then dropped out of that match for injury, then "inj. def." is listed as the result of the match.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:36 am

The brackets on Friday night after the semis already had forfeit for the kids name, so I am guessing there must have been some type of obvious injury near the end of his 10-8 semi final win. An injury severe enough to make it obvious that he would not be wrestling on Saturday. Someone in attendance help us out here?

HipTossHero

Postby HipTossHero » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:39 am

Word throughout the arena is that after the semis the young man was severely dehydrated from the weight cut and lost consciousness. Had to be taken to hospital and hooked up to IV in order to get rehydrated and would not have been able to make weight for finals. Can’t confirm if this is actually true or not but kudos to coaches for getting the young man taken care of and prioritizing his safety over a wrestling match.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:51 pm

HipTossHero wrote:Word throughout the arena is that after the semis the young man was severely dehydrated from the weight cut and lost consciousness. Had to be taken to hospital and hooked up to IV in order to get rehydrated and would not have been able to make weight for finals. Can’t confirm if this is actually true or not but kudos to coaches for getting the young man taken care of and prioritizing his safety over a wrestling match.

I can confirm the rumor but I can't confirm if the rumor is true. Dehydrated is the rumor I heard.

Return to “High School Wrestling”