Girls Wrestling in WV

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Wrestling78

Girls Wrestling in WV

Postby Wrestling78 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:28 pm

As many of you know, we are pushing to sanction Girls Wrestling in WV. We need to show the WVSSAC that there is a true interest in the sport. In order to do this, we need high schools to have girls only teams this season. I would like to put together a list of duals, tris, quads, and tournaments that are being offered so the girls can have a nice schedule. The WVSSAC is putting on a WV Girls State Invitational held in Huntington this year where individual state winners will be honored. If you are planning to host a girls only tournament this year, please comment dates below. Attached is a list of tournaments that were offered last year.

Shady Spring Scuffle, Cumberland Valley Kickoff (HUGE TOURNAMENT) over 600 girls, Doc Phillips Invitational, Powerade, Lady Raider Rumble, Grow Women’s Wrestling Invitational, then Girls States

aaacoach6

Re: Girls Wrestling in WV

Postby aaacoach6 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:10 pm

Our tournament :
2023 Shady Spring Scuffle, Friday, December 15, 2023 at Shady Spring High School, 300 Hinton Rd, Shady Spring, WV

A few others we have been sent information about:

RJ Reynolds Holiday Invitational, Winston-Salem, NC December 28,2023
2nd Annual Girls Beast of the East,December 15, 2023, University of Delaware Bob Carpenter Center
24th Annual Fandetti-Richardson Brawl, January 13, 2024, Johnson City, TN

mscoach155

Re: Girls Wrestling in WV

Postby mscoach155 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:34 am

If anyone could tag listed events with High School, Middle School, or both that would be extremely helpful for my planning purposes for the season. I am also trying to put together a girls schedule for our middle school. If anyone has any interest in a middle school girls dual/tri/quad, etc. please comment.

Return to “High School Wrestling”