Dutton Award Rankings

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Dutton Award Rankings

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:36 pm

The Dan Hodge Trophy is awarded each year to the United States of America’s best college wrestler.[1] The trophy is presented at the end of the season by W.I.N. Magazine (Wrestling Insider Newsmagazine) and Culture House.[2] It is the collegiate wrestling equivalent to the Heisman Trophy in college football.

Flowrestling maintains Dan Hodge Trophy Rankings.

The state of West Virginia awards The Dutton Award to the state’s best wrestler. The word on the street is that the Dutton Award is voted on by a panel of coaches and other unclarified members. The additional word on the street is that some coaches get to vote one year and then do not get to vote the following year. We would all like to see the “official criteria” if such a thing exists.

BEAR TRACKS IS ROLLING OUT THE FIRST EVER DUTTON AWARD RANKINGS!!!!!

Criteria has been established!

The criteria are based on factual results that have already happened on WEST VIRGINIA MATS!!!

Here are your Dutton Award front runners in order by graduating class:

CLASS OF 2024:
1 Gage Wright/Parkersburg South
2 Dillon Perdue/Independence
3 Matthew Mcafee/St. Albans
4 Luca Felix/University
5 Logan Davis/Oak Glen

CLASS OF 2025:
1 Gunner Andrick/Point Pleasant
2 Brock Kehler/University
3 JJ Bailes/Woodrow Wilson
4 Evan Zombro/Berkeley Springs
5 Josh Woyan/Point Pleasant

CLASS OF 2026:
1 Kai Plinski/Washington
2 Jesse Adams/Independence
3 Jason Walker/Fairmont Senior

The criteria used will be communicated on WEDNESDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 2ND. Stay tuned!!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Doyablameme?

Re: Dutton Award Rankings

Postby Doyablameme? » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:30 am

We have all been waiting anxiously for your criteria

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:17 am

Doyablameme? wrote:We have all been waiting anxiously for your criteria

It is a work in progress, patience is a great virtue.

BsWrestler72

Postby BsWrestler72 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:19 pm

Sorry! Not sorry! Just sit down!

BobbyBoatly37

Postby BobbyBoatly37 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:31 am

Brother this is an absolute waste of your time and everyone else's. There is no Dutton Race. Most years there is no Dutton race, but every now and then there is some good competition though as far as who could win it. Gage Wright wins it this year, and ill bet everything I own and then some. Only 2 other wrestlers even belong in the conversation. Kehler and Andrick in whichever order you prefer to rank them based off achievements and accolades. If Perdue wins 4 he could join them based off that achievement, but it's Gage's... And no point in breaking down by class. The award reads as best wrestler in the state. Not senior. So if you're gonna waste time doing it id at least do it proper and rank them in the order you think qualify as the best regardless of class. Someone should not be ahead just because they are a senior or lower down just because they are an underclassmen.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:56 pm

BobbyBoatly37 wrote:Brother this is an absolute waste of your time and everyone else's. There is no Dutton Race. Most years there is no Dutton race, but every now and then there is some good competition though as far as who could win it. Gage Wright wins it this year, and ill bet everything I own and then some. Only 2 other wrestlers even belong in the conversation. Kehler and Andrick in whichever order you prefer to rank them based off achievements and accolades. If Perdue wins 4 he could join them based off that achievement, but it's Gage's... And no point in breaking down by class. The award reads as best wrestler in the state. Not senior. So if you're gonna waste time doing it id at least do it proper and rank them in the order you think qualify as the best regardless of class. Someone should not be ahead just because they are a senior or lower down just because they are an underclassmen.

Nothing I do when it comes to wrestling is a waste of my time.

If Gage wins his 4th, then YES......................he should get the award hands down! If he doesn't, then I will be the first to say the award has become a joke and is NOW A WASTE OF TIME.

I never did release my criteria and nobody called me out for stalling. Once my criteria is released, then even you might understand.

Also, the rankings are being put in place for future seasons. We have a barnburner for 2025 with Kehler and Andrick fighting for the title.

Haven't seen you on here in a while.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”