Super 32 Early Entries

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
brentsams

Super 32 Early Entries

Postby brentsams » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:15 am

HIGH SCHOOL
Pepper Martin WV 106 University High
Dallas Owens WV 106 Spring Mills
Garrett Johnson WV 113 Woodrow Wilson
Kai Plinski WV 120 Washington HS
Tyler Roark WV 126 Woodrow Wilson High School
Jimmie Bailes WV 132 Woodrow Wilson High School
Jacob Perry WV 132 Spring Mills
Matthew McAfee WV 132 St. Albans High School
Saige Walls WV 138 Hurricane high school
Gunner Andrick WV 138 Point Pleasant
Moses Eads WV 150 Saint Albans HS.
Josh Woyan WV 157 Point Pleasant High School
Evan Zombro WV 157 Berkeley Springs
Brycen Arthur WV 215 Parkersburg South High School
Ayden Morris WV 215 Parkersburg South High School

GIRLS
Justice Anthony WV 10th 124 Patriot Wresting Club
Kaylie Hall WV 11th 160

MIDDLE SCHOOL
none

ELEMENTARY
Jace Beaston WV Simpson Elementary 70 4th Warrior Ridge
Blaise Wilson WV Criss 85 4th Warrior Ridge

Jon Perkins

Re: Super 32 Early Entries

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:37 pm

The Super 32 Tournament is hands down the best high school folkstyle wrestling tournament in the country and is only 3 weeks away. If you enjoy NCAA wrestling and the recruiting process, this tournament is a can’t miss. If you are going to watch the tournament on Flo, I have compiled a list of at least one guy from each state to put on your notification list. These may not be the best guys from each state but for the most part they all have good credentials and are looking to end up on the radar of the college coaches. Lets get going:

Alaska: De’Shawn Barbee (126), the only guy from Alaska participating. He is coming from Alaska, so I think he should automatically get a belt for just showing up.
Alabama: Daishun Powe (138), Ranked 12th in country after the Elite 8 duals and finished 7th at the NHSCA tournament. Very dominate inside the state of Alabama for his HS career.
Arizona: Sergio Vega (132), only a Jr. and so far a 2-time State champion with an 85-0 record.
California: Miguel Estrada (150), as a Sr. he is a 3-time state champion and is headed to the Unv. of Iowa
Colorado: Derek Barrows (138), Top 100 recruit for Class of 2026
Connecticut: Raekwon Shabazz (113), Pound for Pound ranked No. 1 in the state and is a NHSCA champion.
Delaware: Eddie Radecki (126), as a JR he is already a 3-time State Champion winning as an 8th grader
Florida: Sebastian Degennaro (126) & Claudio Torres (150), both guys are NHSCA champions and Top 50 recruits for the class of 2025. And the word on the street is at least one of these guys could be wearing a WVU hat while they are not on the mat.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:40 pm

Georgia: Jake Crapps (126), probably the most notable kid from GA but keep an eye on Anthony Lowe (190) as well, neither one will disappoint.
Hawaii: Tyger Taam (138), who doesn’t want to watch a tiger wrestle? He is also a 2-time state champ
Iowa: Kane Naaktgeboren (144), Ranked in the top 20 for his weight class. There are better guys from IA entered in the tournament but I want to see how this guy does.
Idaho: Ryker Fullmer (165), Idaho’s wrestling results suck and I had to put someone on the list. Give him a shot, he is coming from Idaho to NC so he can’t be that bad.
Illinois: Ben Davino (157), a returning champion and this kid is slick. Get to know him now because he will be on the NCAA scene before you know it.
Indiana: Jake Hockaday (126), as a JR. he is a 2-time state champion and is a Top 50 recruit for the class of 2025.
Kansas: Easton Broxterman (120), a 2-time state champion
Kentucky: There are only 2 entries Ryan Smith (126) & Lane Kiser (190) so take your pick
Louisiana: Alex Rozas (113), as a FR he pinned his way through the state tournament and finished 5th at the NHSCA
Massachusetts: Musa Tamaradaze (120), a 2-time state champion
Maryland: Calvin Kraisser (144), a 2-time state champion
Maine: There are only 2 entries Cole Albert (144) & Wynn Pooler (126) so take your pick

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:43 pm

Michigan: Jackson Blum (126) is the most notable entry here but don’t miss Darius Marines (157) a 3-time state champion.
Minnesota: Landon Robideau (138), a 2-time state champion and finished 7th here last year
Missouri: Porter Matecki (120), a 3-time state champion
Montana: Keyan Hernandez (120), a 3-time state champion and finished 4th at NHSCA
North Carolina: Cameron Stinson (120), a 3-time state champion with a 141-0 record.
Nebraska: Tyler Harrill (144), he was the best FR in the state last year
New Hampshire: Jude Correa (215), this kid is just a stud and should be watched by everyone.
New Jersey: Alessio Perentin (165), Ranked in the Top 10 and looking for a bigger scholarship.
New Mexico: Jaylen Ignacio (215), state champion
Nevada: Manuel Saldate (132), finished 3rd at NHSCA
New York: PJ Duke (150) & Cameron Catrabone (144) are the most notables and can’t miss guys to watch but don’t miss out on Mathew Marlow (126) a 2-time state champion.
Ohio: Omar Ayoub (138) is as exciting to watch as anyone but Grey Burnette (106) is a Freshman Phenom
Oklahoma: LaDarion Lockett (157) is a returning champion but Canon Acklin (120) is a 3-time state champion
Oregon: If Oregon doesn’t care enough to have a descent wrestling page with results then who cares about watching anyone from that state.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:47 pm

Pennsylvania: There is easily 100 guys you can add to your ALERTS list but for my money I have a particular interest in the State Champion and Runner-up from last year, Luke Simcox & Maddox Shaw (138) and both ranked in the Top 10 in country.
Puerto Rico: Yes, you read that correctly, I said Puerto Rico!!! Vicotor Soto (150) and Yandro Soto (132) coming from a another country so give some respect and watch them at least once
Rhoad Island: Joseph Joyce (138), I remember his older brother Jacob and he was pretty darn good, so let’s see how he fairs
South Carolina: Cason Howle (190), a JR and 2-time state champion that placed 3rd at NHSCA
Tennessee: Anyone with the last name of Uhorchuk (113 & 120) and Cooper Hilton (132)
Texas: Isaak Arevalo (120), a 2-time state champion
Utah: Cayaen Smith (215), finished 4th at NHSCA
Virginia: Noah Niniger (126), as a FR pinned his way through the state tournament and finished 7th here last year
Washington: Justice Zuniga (126), state champion as a FR and Runner-up at NHSCA
West Virginia: Matthew McAfee (132) and Gunner Andrick (138), will be looking to put themselves in better position with college coaches. And the two you young bucks I am interested to watch on a national level is Kai Plinski (120) and Jesse Adams (175).

Don't be afraid to add to the list, I want to watch every kid possible that can wrestle at a high level.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 pm

I just realized that I forgot the great state of Wisconsin. You better add Aiden Sinclaire to your ALERT list, this is the best kid in the country at 190 lbs and I am hoping to see him in a semifinal or finals match up against WVU's top recruit Rune Lawrence.

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:01 pm

I heard a rumor that the Florida boy had a great visit as well. the soto's from Puerto Rico are tough and have been training in Florida for several years. super 32 will have several crazy matches but I'm hoping to see the 2 super soph. at 215lbs ross from Iowa and mocco from Florida

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:00 pm

Mocco is always a must watch. He had a less than stellar showing last year at the Super 32 but in post season he won a Freshman National Title at the NHSCA's and if memory serves me correctly he did very well at Fargo. Thanks for the heads up on the Ross kid Iowa, I will definitely make note of him.

After seeing Gunner Andrick had won his weight class at the Grappler Fall Brawl, I am particularly interested in watching to see how much the price of his stock increases.

ncref

Postby ncref » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:35 am

Jon Perkins wrote:Pennsylvania: There is easily 100 guys you can add to your ALERTS list but for my money I have a particular interest in the State Champion and Runner-up from last year, Luke Simcox & Maddox Shaw (138) and both ranked in the Top 10 in country.
Puerto Rico: Yes, you read that correctly, I said Puerto Rico!!! Vicotor Soto (150) and Yandro Soto (132) coming from a another country so give some respect and watch them at least once
Rhoad Island: Joseph Joyce (138), I remember his older brother Jacob and he was pretty darn good, so let’s see how he fairs
South Carolina: Cason Howle (190), a JR and 2-time state champion that placed 3rd at NHSCA
Tennessee: Anyone with the last name of Uhorchuk (113 & 120) and Cooper Hilton (132)
Virginia: Noah Niniger (126), as a FR pinned his way through the state tournament and finished 7th here last year
West Virginia: Matthew McAfee (132) and Gunner Andrick (138), will be looking to put themselves in better position with college coaches. And the two you young bucks I am interested to watch on a national level is Kai Plinski (120) and Jesse Adams (175).

Don't be afraid to add to the list, I want to watch every kid possible that can wrestle at a high level.

Puerto Rico is in the United States not "another country"

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:47 am

ncref wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:Pennsylvania: There is easily 100 guys you can add to your ALERTS list but for my money I have a particular interest in the State Champion and Runner-up from last year, Luke Simcox & Maddox Shaw (138) and both ranked in the Top 10 in country.

Yes, one time when we were there a local asked my daughter where she was from. They were very annoyed when she responded "United States" and said they were too. We still pick on her about that.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:30 pm

ncref wrote:

So out of the entire thread this is what you choose comment on? Puerto Rico is technically a sovereign territory controlled by the United States, so the people born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens. If they are considered a part of the United States then why do the majority of the citizens not pay federal income tax, why do they have own national anthem, and why are they representing themselves as another country in the Olympics?

Do you have any input on the Super 32 tournament taking place this weekend?

ncref

Postby ncref » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:
ncref wrote:

So out of the entire thread this is what you choose comment on? Puerto Rico is technically a sovereign territory controlled by the United States, so the people born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens. If they are considered a part of the United States then why do the majority of the citizens not pay federal income tax, why do they have own national anthem, and why are they representing themselves as another country in the Olympics?

Do you have any input on the Super 32 tournament taking place this weekend?

Lighten up Francis, and study up before your next trivia night at the local pub. Otherwise, I have no input on the Super 32.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:12 am

csmith11 wrote:I heard a rumor that the Florida boy had a great visit as well. the soto's from Puerto Rico are tough and have been training in Florida for several years. super 32 will have several crazy matches but I'm hoping to see the 2 super soph. at 215lbs ross from Iowa and mocco from Florida

Does “Florida boy” have a name?

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Letsgooo wrote:
csmith11 wrote:I heard a rumor that the Florida boy had a great visit as well. the soto's from Puerto Rico are tough and have been training in Florida for several years. super 32 will have several crazy matches but I'm hoping to see the 2 super soph. at 215lbs ross from Iowa and mocco from Florida

Sebastian degennaro. sadly won't be competing this weekend but will be at ironman and Powerade this year. he's a nhsca champ, super 32 3rd, ironman 7th, beast of the east 3rd in 21. would be a huge recruit for wvu to land.

WVU

Postby WVU » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:26 pm

How WV wrestlers fared:

BOYS

5-2
138 Gunner Andrick, Point Pleasant

4-2
144 Moses Eads, St Albans

3-2
106 Dallas Owens, Spring Mills
113 Dominic Way, Parkersburg
165 Josh Woyan, Point Pleasant

2-2
120 Stephen Myers, Parkersburg
132 Jacob Perry, Spring Mills
132 Matthew McAfee, St Albans
132 Blake Ringer, East Fairmont
144 Nathan Murphy, Parkersburg South
157 Evan Zombro, Berkeley Springs
175 Cooper Durst, Ripley
175 Jesse Adams, Independence
215 Ayden Morris, Parkersburg South

1-2
132 Nathan Wood, Point Pleasant
138 Jesse Showalter, Parkersburg

0-2
113 Garrett Johnson, Woodrow Wilson
113 Kayden Maynard, Spring Valley
120 Kayden McDonald, Parkersburg
126 Lars Cooper, Parkersburg
132 CJ Carrodus, Parkersburg
132 Tyler Roark, Woodrow Wilson
138 Jimmie Bailes, Woodrow Wilson
138 Simon Inboden, Parkersburg
144 Chase Banks, Nitro
157 Zach Meisenzahl, Washington
190 Brady Wilt, Berkeley Springs

GIRLS
175 3-1 (2nd Place) Kaylie Hall, Hampshire
124 3-2 Justice Anthony, Parkersburg South
124 0-2 Charlotte Kershisnik, Washington

(Apologies if any of the teams are incorrect due to transfers or incoming 9th graders)

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:41 am

csmith11 wrote:
Letsgooo wrote:

Sebastian degennaro. sadly won't be competing this weekend but will be at ironman and Powerade this year. he's a nhsca champ, super 32 3rd, ironman 7th, beast of the east 3rd in 21. would be a huge recruit for wvu to land.

Thank you. Yes any highly ranked light weight is much needed.

Lawrence had quite the performance at super 32

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:33 pm

csmith11 wrote:
Letsgooo wrote:

Ty for the info. Just seen where he committed to Oklahoma tho unfortunately.

Return to “High School Wrestling”