University Tournament?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
sPlayTull

University Tournament?

Postby sPlayTull » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

I see where University is hosting a new 2-day bracketed tournament on 12/4 and 12/5.

I forsee one issue - there are only nine (9) teams registered so far. Just curious, with only this few amnount of teams, why does it need to be 2 days? what round(s) will occur on day 1, just preliminary pigtails?

Teams include: University, Wheeling Park, Point Pleasant, St. Albans, Oak Glen, Roane County, Calhoun County, Lewis County, Laurel Highlands (PA)

A nice little tournament featuring some solid teams just not sure why it needs to be 2 days.

uknowme

Re: University Tournament?

Postby uknowme » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Maybe some of the teams attending are taking JV wrestlers to fill openings?? I don't know if they are but with only 9 teams attending I'm sure there will be some JV going. That could fill some of the brackets. Your right about the teams going, some pretty solid matchups early for some wrestlers.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:59 pm

They will be 16 man brackets for each weight class. JVS will be filling. With the teams he has coming they will fill it.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 am

Have heard that they will have the tournament set to post live results on track wrestling. University does a great job running tournaments, they were great at the Region 1 tournament last year.

sPlayTull

Postby sPlayTull » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 am

Adding in JV's will help, but with Point & Wheeling Park still playing football & some of the other teams usually not fielding full lineups (St Albans, Calhoun, Lewis County), filling up 16-man brackets from these 9 teams might be tough.

On a side note for JW - what all teams are coming to this year's East Duals? Looking at teams that have released schedules so far, I see where North dropped out, following in the footsteps of Independence, Calhoun, & Braxton from previous years. That's unfortunate. Besides the Big 10 schools (minus North) & Hedgesville, who else is coming?

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 pm

sPlayTull wrote:On a side note for JW - what all teams are coming to this year's East Duals? Looking at teams that have released schedules so far, I see where North dropped out, following in the footsteps of Independence, Calhoun, & Braxton from previous years. That's unfortunate. Besides the Big 10 schools (minus North) & Hedgesville, who else is coming?

I will get you that answer. Talked to our guy who heads that up the other day and he said we wre up to 18 teams which is a plus from last year. Will get you a list tomorrow.

Return to “High School Wrestling”