Tournament at University HS this weekend

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aaacoach22

Tournament at University HS this weekend

Postby aaacoach22 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:19 am

Due to some low numbers on some teams and a team dropping at the last minute (Wheeling Park dropped yesterday evening) the tournament will only be ONE DAY - SATURDAY. We will weigh in at 8:00 AM and wrestling will start at 10:00 AM. Everything else will stay the same...still done on trackwrestling, scholarships, NCAA seminar, great awards, awesome hospitality room.
If there are any teams out there that would like to send a team (even a B team) please contact me TODAY (Wednesday) (ksmaisel@comcast.net) Our goal it to grow this event into the area's premier opening season tournament! Thank you to the teams coming for being part of the first one! Coach Maisel

aaacoach22

Re: Tournament at University HS this weekend

Postby aaacoach22 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:26 am

Teams in the tournament (rankings as of today)...
#2 Calhoun
#4 Oak Glen
#6 Roane Co.
#7 Saint Albans
#8 Point Pleasant
#9 University
Lewis Co.
Laurel Highlands (PA)

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Any brackets posted?

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Yes. On Trackwrestling.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:15 pm

126 has Henson, Humphreys, Houston McCune, & Riley White. Thats quality wrestling right there.

132 has Bozek, Matheny, and Crewsden.

160 has Cole & Casey Ritchie, see who has to take out the trash at home.

lots of medals earned in this set of brackets.

fireman

Re: Tournament at University HS this weeken .

Postby fireman » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:37 pm

:lol: its a Wv. tournament.... someone post brackets on WVMAT. .

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 pm

126 sounds real good.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:04 pm

What is happening there?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Bearhugger wrote:What is happening there?

Here is a link. You can follow match by match
p://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedto ... =195210009

fireman

Postby fireman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:06 am

my first trip here to watch some early season matchups. very nice facility. it should have been changed to a dual match format. really surprised at the extremely low numbers at this event. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. only a few MAJOR complaints from me. 1. some of the worst officiating I've seen
2. rather embarrassed on the conduct of a coach (kicked out. which hurt his remaining team ) , the wrestler, who acted like a 5th grader, his mom who went out on the mat.... and a few fans who I watched threaten a student... St Albans was far from a championship team in our eyes. congrats to OG, UM,CAL,ROA... good show. good matches

wvgymrott

Postby wvgymrott » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:03 pm

fireman wrote:my first trip here to watch some early season matchups. very nice facility. it should have been changed to a dual match format. really surprised at the extremely low numbers at this event. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. only a few MAJOR complaints from me. 1. some of the worst officiating I've seen
2. rather embarrassed on the conduct of a coach (kicked out. which hurt his remaining team ) , the wrestler, who acted like a 5th grader, his mom who went out on the mat.... and a few fans who I watched threaten a student... St Albans was far from a championship team in our eyes. congrats to OG, UM,CAL,ROA... good show. good matches

I agree it should have been changed to a dual pool. Don't really understand the low numbers myself. There was some questionable stuff but the season is just starting so hopefully the rust is shaken off. As for the coach being told to leave , he didn't really do anything to deserve that from what it saw but that's up to the official. If he doesn't take up for his wrestlers who will?!? And if your speaking of the wrestle that got DQ for injury , it's understandable that he was upset . From what I saw the match got stopped because his opponent threw not 1 but 2 elbows to the back of his head and the ref stopped it. The boy from SA was declared not able to continue so I'm pretty sure he should have won that because the match was stopped because of the elbows.
But there was some really great matches yesterday also . Should make for a great year of wrestling in the state as a whole. And congrats to OG as they look like they have a good group that worked in the off season.

Return to “High School Wrestling”