huntington results ?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

huntington results ?

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 pm

i don't understand why one of the top programs in the state can find the few minutes to post the results of their matches. midland had a match last night and the results were up this morning when i woke up. south has their results posted within minutes after their matches and has had for years. how can huntington be in the top three almost every year but in the bottom three almost every year in posting their results. fans like myself that follow wrestling depend on seeing the results on mat.com. keep up the excellent south and midland and all the other teams that post their results quickly.

admin
Site Admin

Re: huntington results ?

Postby admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:40 pm

From the Editor:

Er, um, I have a day job, and cannot update until this PM. I know I have some results in the email, but don't know what until I get home this PM.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

aaacoach82

Postby aaacoach82 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:47 pm

From what I hear GW would have beat them but there down 4 weight classes. seen it on the gw facebook page

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:40 pm

editor I did not know you posted the results I assumed the team coaches posted the results. but it seems like every year the huntington results come in later thab most of the other teams. sorry bout that.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:53 pm

No big deal, but as an FYI...

Folks email results to me, or they arrive in my email from the "submit scores" page.

I have to look them over, format them, modify the pages, and upload to the server.

It is not an automatic thing that when results are submitted that they appear.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:01 pm

They were in the Herald Dispatch this morning. Southfan you can read the paper online for free. Might give that a try. Doc is too modest not only has a "day job" but his day job is really being a Doc. We as coaches can either stick the results in the forum in which case they go up quickly but not everyone sees them and they get buried in the flood of forum posts or we can send them in to go in the scores section which takes a little longer but you can refer back to them later on much easier. I always preferred the latter and I think most coaches go that route.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

aaacoach54

Postby aaacoach54 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:44 pm

I don't normally respond to any topics on the forum. But, I'm not letting Dr. Miller take the fall for this criticism of me. Last night, I typed up the results to The Herald-Dispatch and was done late at night. So, I decided to wait till the next day to enter the results on wvmat's scores page. The results were not in Doc's e-mail until late morning today.
Doc does an amazing job. This is the best state wrestling site I have ever seen.
We also rely on twitter for match-by-match results @HHS_Wrestling.

Rob Archer

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Well, thanks for the kind words.

Next topic...

Yellowjacket

Postby Yellowjacket » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Robbie its was a great quad. The "program" sheet was a really great addition.

Thanks Doc for this site. The "newspaper" is ok but swing results on here is really much better.

Coaches, thanks for submitting scores in a timely fashion. Everyone on this site is here for a reason... to follow the kids and teams.

jofus

Postby jofus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:22 am

It looks like there were a lot of forfeits for a quad with 4 AAA schools...hopefully that is due to early season weight issues or something similar, and not lack of participation :?

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

Some forfeits may be weights not yet met, not enough practices, paperwork snafus, or football guys who do not have all their paractices in yet. I know Midland had some guys missing at their quad due to football and Ripley had one guy not make weight. It's early yet.
I only suggested the newspaper because Southfan seemed in a hurry and I had already seen them there.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

IndyHart

Postby IndyHart » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 pm

I could never find the results on the Herald-Dispatch's web site. Not sure what I was missing.

SouthFan, if you want quick results, you really need to go the Twitter route (if you're not already). Most of the bigger teams in the state have an account and tweet results. Huntington's was the first account I saw and it is updated pretty close in time to the actual match results (frequently during the match). South does a good job with their account too. You are limited in what information you can get in 140 characters (so it won't replace the detailed results you get here), but if you have a general knowledge of the teams' lineups, you can usually figure out who is wrestling who and know how it ended. George Washington has raised the bar this season and tweeted some links to YouTube videos of their matches with Huntington and Woodrow, including the Swafford-Jones match.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:05 pm

aaacoach82 wrote:From what I hear GW would have beat them but there down 4 weight classes. seen it on the gw facebook page

There we only 5 matches wrestled that dual. Hard to say who wins with the other 9 matches not being forfeited across the board. Maybe one team had to forfeit to a lesser wrestler due to their stud being out. So that's 6 points that would have swung the other way with full rosters. I'd say it's just an early season dual.
Tench

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 pm

I am just glad that the results get communicated and posted on wvmat.

I HATE when only the team scores are submitted and reported. In this growing WV wrestling world of forfeits, the team scores rarely mean anything.

However, there are key match ups that I enjoy knowing who won.

I also like seeing who is in what weight class.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”