LKC Dual Championship

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
SingleAfan

LKC Dual Championship

Postby SingleAfan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 am

Some of the best wrestling witnessed at the LKC dual championship this year. However, I feel the teams who participated tonight are at a disadvantage for tomorrow. There were very few easy matches. Many walked away with bumps, bruises and ice. Williamstown and Braxton County did not even wrestle the last round ( Williamstown forfeited)
Tomorrow promises some good action, for next year the dual championship needs to be prior to individual championship in my opinion. I know some will say the state tournament it’s the same format for wrestling consecutive days. This is for ALL wrestlers- everyone is on the same playing field with expectations.
I would like to hear the opinion of the teams that participated, and other fans that were present in regards to duals being day prior.
Also, was there any upsets that surprised you, or overrated matches, best match of night?

aacoach21

Re: LKC Dual Championship

Postby aacoach21 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 pm

Last year it was agreed upon that all LKC teams would be wrestling the night prior in dual format. Placing all teams throughout. The first part that feel through was the venue big enough to host all those teams wrestling in a dual format which was the Waco center the second problem was that then teams started backing out from there is my understanding.

DumptruckDave

Re: LKC Dual Championship

Postby DumptruckDave » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:37 pm

SingleAfan wrote:Some of the best wrestling witnessed at the LKC dual championship this year. However, I feel the teams who participated tonight are at a disadvantage for tomorrow. There were very few easy matches. Many walked away with bumps, bruises and ice. Williamstown and Braxton County did not even wrestle the last round ( Williamstown forfeited)
Tomorrow promises some good action, for next year the dual championship needs to be prior to individual championship in my opinion. I know some will say the state tournament it’s the same format for wrestling consecutive days. This is for ALL wrestlers- everyone is on the same playing field with expectations.
I would like to hear the opinion of the teams that participated, and other fans that were present in regards to duals being day prior.
Also, was there any upsets that surprised you, or overrated matches, best match of night?

I like the idea..but, I agree, I think it could be held at any time prior to the bracketed tournament besides the day before. The Qualifier matches were early in the year and then the tournament was the weekend before regionals....I think they could be held earlier....

Upsets? Well, Williamstown, Braxton, and Tyler Consolidated all forfeited at 150lb against Ravenswoods Bowling, got his 100th win on a forfiet, actually got to 102 from forfiets.....

Best Match? Ravenswood vs Braxton 106. Thompson from Ravenswood tossed Stout from Braxton to his back at the last match of the dual securing a Ravenswood win.

Ravenswood vs Williamstown: 61-12
Ravenswood vs Braxton: 40-32
Ravenswood vs Tyler Consolidated: ? Ravenswood win but unsure of score.

Return to “High School Wrestling”