Podcast

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
DumptruckDave

Podcast

Postby DumptruckDave » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:51 am

Thinking of doing a WV Wrestling podcast next season. This would be a weekly show, with real results, facts, and actual WV Wrestling talk. Will look to have guest, ex. Coaches, former wrestlers, former coaches, fans.....maybe have call ins and emails that will be broadcasted. Is there interest in that?

TheBoxer

Re: Podcast

Postby TheBoxer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:19 am

DumptruckDave wrote:Thinking of doing a WV Wrestling podcast next season. This would be a weekly show, with real results, facts, and actual WV Wrestling talk. Will look to have guest, ex. Coaches, former wrestlers, former coaches, fans.....maybe have call ins and emails that will be broadcasted. Is there interest in that?

Is there a market for it? yes. But there is someone in the market already with backing of ChainWrestling

Check out MatTimeWV on socials.

My advice, if you want it, would be to check them out, if you haven't already, see what you could contribute to the community that is as good as what they are doing but different enough to keep those who tune into MT to also want to tune into yours.

DumptruckDave

Postby DumptruckDave » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:16 am

TheBoxer wrote:
DumptruckDave wrote:Thinking of doing a WV Wrestling podcast next season. This would be a weekly show, with real results, facts, and actual WV Wrestling talk. Will look to have guest, ex. Coaches, former wrestlers, former coaches, fans.....maybe have call ins and emails that will be broadcasted. Is there interest in that?

Is there a market for it? yes. But there is someone in the market already with backing of ChainWrestling

Check out MatTimeWV on socials.

My advice, if you want it, would be to check them out, if you haven't already, see what you could contribute to the community that is as good as what they are doing but different enough to keep those who tune into MT to also want to tune into yours.

I know MatTime, I watch them, honest review, I think they're trash. I said it, my opinion and know others that share that opinion, hense why I'm looking at creating another one. Sponsors and backing is no issue. I could get into a whole discussion about MatTime but, I'm not here for that, I just believe I along with others who share this interest could have a really in depth, fun Podcast that surrounds WV Wrestling.

TheBoxer

Postby TheBoxer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:16 pm

DumptruckDave wrote:I know MatTime, I watch them, honest review, I think they're trash. I said it, my opinion and know others that share that opinion, hense why I'm looking at creating another one. Sponsors and backing is no issue. I could get into a whole discussion about MatTime but, I'm not here for that, I just believe I along with others who share this interest could have a really in depth, fun Podcast that surrounds WV Wrestling.

Ahh gotcha. so your question is really "would people be interested in a different 'better' podcast?" Im sure i would tune in and give it a chance. Now, if it turned into a Ravenswood centric show, then i would likely punch out. Separating bias is sometimes harder than we think. If you start one up be sure to let me know.

DumptruckDave

Postby DumptruckDave » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:41 pm

A weekly podcast, with guest, via phone or in person, discussing WV Wrestling as it's happening, talking match up, going over duals or tournaments, talking to coaches, answering fan submitted questions or covering fan submitted topics. I'm not going to use the word " better " , just a more well rounded, informative, entertaining podcast.

Well of course it'd be non biased....someone has to be. :twisted:

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm

We’d love to have you on, Adam! Sorry you feel that way, but we can chit chat about it any time. I’ll send (EDIT: PM sent) some contact info! As always, thanks for listening!
Tench

aacoach29

Postby aacoach29 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:14 pm

I for one listen to the Mat Time podcast and I see nothing 'trash' on what Daniel and Zach do while broadcasting the episodes. But I'm all in on anyone that wishes to do the same, sharing wrestling news. Promote the sport anyway it can be promoted.
On another issue, if coaches would take the time to post their scores throughout the season, it would also promote wrestling. Don't sit back and complain that wrestling never gets publicity.

beachbum1234

Postby beachbum1234 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:05 am

Nothing wrong with competition. Isn't that what our sport is known for. If you want to do it, go for it. I wouldn't expect much on the results end. Coaches are generally focused on other things than getting information out to people. Gonna be a lot of leg work and building connections. Good luck if you decide to do it.

Return to “High School Wrestling”