Trackwrestling and Flo

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Combat_Athletics

Trackwrestling and Flo

Postby Combat_Athletics » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:31 pm

I can not be the only one who is either out of state WV wrestling fans, unable to physically make the drive to Huntington, or working on Thursday, Friday, or even Saturday that wants to watch this WV State Tournament somehow. It's 2024 and this weekend I can either watch Florida High School States, Maryland High School States Live, or I can hit refresh about 100 times a match on a very dated program to see the clock and score update to figure out who wins in WV.

What does WV have to do to get trackwrestling involved to run this tournament, or any big WV tournaments at that? (Winners Choice, WSAZ's, Youth States)

I truly do not want to get into an arguments on this topic, I just want to try to figure out how we can solve the issue of allowing people to watch their high schools compete, great matchups before the finals, or WV wrestling in general from home.

Bearhugger

Re: Trackwrestling and Flo

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:58 pm

Where there is a will, there is a way. I think we can take upon ourselves that so far, there hasn't been enough will to make this happen.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Grappler1980

Postby Grappler1980 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Combat_Athletics wrote:I can not be the only one who is either out of state WV wrestling fans, unable to physically make the drive to Huntington, or working on Thursday, Friday, or even Saturday that wants to watch this WV State Tournament somehow. It's 2024 and this weekend I can either watch Florida High School States, Maryland High School States Live, or I can hit refresh about 100 times a match on a very dated program to see the clock and score update to figure out who wins in WV.

What does WV have to do to get trackwrestling involved to run this tournament, or any big WV tournaments at that? (Winners Choice, WSAZ's, Youth States)

I truly do not want to get into an arguments on this topic, I just want to try to figure out how we can solve the issue of allowing people to watch their high schools compete, great matchups before the finals, or WV wrestling in general from home.

As of right now we don’t even have that option to see live scoring. I’m not sure why we haven’t updated our technology in our state but hopefully some of us can get together and make something happen next year.

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 pm

Dang it Man! Seems even last year we could watch the live scoring (a little behind), and see the on deck matches. We must have went backwards in our technology!

Grappler1980

Postby Grappler1980 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:56 pm

[flash=][/flash]
EASwrestling wrote:Dang it Man! Seems even last year we could watch the live scoring (a little behind), and see the on deck matches. We must have went backwards in our technology!

I’m not sure why that’s not an option, that was also a problem at WSAZ this year.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:36 pm

the system being used has not updated the brackets in the last half hour,,, maybe everyone took a break

Combat_Athletics

Postby Combat_Athletics » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 pm

I’m sure WVSSAC can fork out $255 to have Trackwrestling as their tournament software…

Grappler1980

Postby Grappler1980 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:22 pm

mscoach4 wrote:the system being used has not updated the brackets in the last half hour,,, maybe everyone took a break

I use the recent results.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:45 pm

I, who used ro live in WV. Offered to run it on track and even pay for the first year of it just for them to allow it. Hint - not the WVSSAC blocking the use of better technology. This is your hosting teams decision to use outdated software, why, because they can.

Renewed offer: I won't pay for it for them, but for a covered hotel and some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and kool-aid I will run it on trackwrestling for them next year for no fee.

mscoach152

Postby mscoach152 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:36 pm

Yeah this needs fixed. Same program they run the WSAZs with. I could only attend 1 of the days at States, but even when I attended the States and the Zs, you have to find the team that’s on a particular mat, click on that team, to find out who is wrestling and then do it for the team that a kid is wrestling on. By the time you do that, the match is half over. No chance to do all of that in time if you’re trying to watch multiple mats. Only option for a fan to know who’s wrestling on each mat is to stand beside one of the screens on the floor, yet fans are not allowed on the floor.

How nice would it be if the hosting team used Flo, so we could watch when we are not there, and if we are there, to actually be able to see who is wrestling and on what mat. This needs fixed for the WSAZs and the State Tournament.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:39 pm

mscoach152 wrote:Yeah this needs fixed. Same program they run the WSAZs with. I could only attend 1 of the days at States, but even when I attended the States and the Zs, you have to find the team that’s on a particular mat, click on that team, to find out who is wrestling and then do it for the team that a kid is wrestling on. By the time you do that, the match is half over. No chance to do all of that in time if you’re trying to watch multiple mats. Only option for a fan to know who’s wrestling on each mat is to stand beside one of the screens on the floor, yet fans are not allowed on the floor.

How nice would it be if the hosting team used Flo, so we could watch when we are not there, and if we are there, to actually be able to see who is wrestling and on what mat. This needs fixed for the WSAZs and the State Tournament.

We use trackwrestling at the OVAC tournament. Have been for the past 2 years. Unfortunately, the venue has outdated Internet pipe until next year with inadequate bandwidth to stream all matches so right now we are streaming only the finals. However, I was informed that the pip will be updated next year and am preparing a proposal to stream all matches through Flo. With Flo purchasing Track, they have done away with track cast and are exclusively on Flo, so now you need a flo membership to view content. For some it's a waste of money but for others its a good deal.

Return to “High School Wrestling”