AA/A Regional Champions Losing Thursday

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

AA/A Regional Champions Losing Thursday

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:30 am

Four AA/A regional champions lost Thursday night.

Three out of the four losing regional champions lost to a 4th place wrestler coming out of region 1.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Jenny Sacks Mole

Re: AA/A Regional Champions Losing Thursday

Postby Jenny Sacks Mole » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 am

Round 1 winners per region

I: 42
II: 22
III: 20
IV: 28

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:41 am

That is why it is called wrestling. There are no guarantees. Still does not mean that R1 wrestlers are more worthy of being at states than other wrestlers.

Jenny Sacks Mole

Postby Jenny Sacks Mole » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:04 pm

aacoach117 wrote:That is why it is called wrestling. There are no guarantees. Still does not mean that R1 wrestlers are more worthy of being at states than other wrestlers.

No it most definitely does show they're more worthy.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:24 pm

Webster's definition of "Entitled" : believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:53 pm

Willful ignorance is a term broadly described as deliberately dismissing adequate reasoning. Region 1 wins 42, region 2 wins 22, region 3 wins 20, region 4 wins 28. 42 > any number in the twenties.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:54 pm

> is a symbol for greater than

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:26 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:Webster's definition of "Entitled" : believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

How does winning at least 14 more matches than your region show special treatment. Are you saying that referees are giving region 1 athletes special treatment?? Keep looking at that dictionary bruh

KSRefBP

Postby KSRefBP » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:21 pm

Jenny Sacks Mole wrote:Round 1 winners per region

Not debating which regional is tougher or more worthy, but......your math is off. Where did the other 12 winners come from? Maybe my math is wrong, but I'm getting 30 from Reg IV. I also get 41 from Reg I. But....I freely admit I suck at math. Edited to say...I think I overlooked the kid from Frankfort. I'm too lazy to recount. So that may add up to 42.

14 brackets with 16 wrestlers a bracket is 224 wrestlers. Your math shows 212 wrestlers.
Brian Pauley
Retired Kanawha Southern Wrestling Official
KS1845

wre157

Postby wre157 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:14 pm

KSRefBP wrote:
Jenny Sacks Mole wrote:Round 1 winners per region

Not debating which regional is tougher or more worthy, but......your math is off. Where did the other 12 winners come from? Maybe my math is wrong, but I'm getting 30 from Reg IV. I also get 41 from Reg I. But....I freely admit I suck at math. Edited to say...I think I overlooked the kid from Frankfort. I'm too lazy to recount. So that may add up to 42.

14 brackets with 16 wrestlers a bracket is 224 wrestlers. Your math shows 212 wrestlers.

His math is correct. 224 wrestlers. Only half were winners, so 112 total as he stated. Region 1 went 42-14.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:38 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:Webster's definition of "Entitled" : believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

How does winning at least 14 more matches than your region show special treatment. Are you saying that referees are giving region 1 athletes special treatment?? Keep looking at that dictionary bruh

Can someone please check on Lloyd, I don't think he well. Please try to keep up when the adults are speaking. I never said one thing about referees nor was anything interpreted to suggest that the referees was giving anyone special treatment. It was mentioned that just because Region One is so strong that was reason enough to give them more participants in the state tournament than other regions. Sorry, that is not the way it works. The qualifying process has been the same for many years and is well understood. Each region, no matter how strong or weak the region is, gets four participants in each weight class.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:20 pm

Yes you may or may not be an adult but you are surely talking. You have given zero examples of your ridiculous theory. Region 1 IS way better than your region. Period.

You are making silly statements now.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:12 am

Lloyd Christmas wrote:Yes you may or may not be an adult but you are surely talking. You have given zero examples of your ridiculous theory. Region 1 IS way better than your region. Period.

Region 1 has done very good, there is no denying that. However the rules are the rules and each region gets 4 representatives at each weight. It doesn’t matter how good the worst wrestlers in your region are, they are still sitting at home. Maybe they should transfer to another region or try a AAA school. And if you think your region is better than my region, that’s laughable!!! You obviously have no idea how little I care about any of these results. I’m simply pointing out how silly some of you are being. I will be watching the D2 region 3 tournament this weekend, have fun in Huntington my man.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:46 am

Jon Perkins wrote:
Lloyd Christmas wrote:Yes you may or may not be an adult but you are surely talking. You have given zero examples of your ridiculous theory. Region 1 IS way better than your region. Period.

Region 1 has done very good, there is no denying that. However the rules are the rules and each region gets 4 representatives at each weight. It doesn’t matter how good the worst wrestlers in your region are, they are still sitting at home. Maybe they should transfer to another region or try a AAA school. And if you think your region is better than my region, that’s laughable!!! You obviously have no idea how little I care about any of these results. I’m simply pointing out how silly some of you are being. I will be watching the D2 region 3 tournament this weekend, have fun in Huntington my man.

Jon, I have nothing in this also (and the conversation tends to get a little too attacking) but I believe you might be missing the main point of those posting. Those with the opinion that region 1 AA/A is more difficult to qualify from are not asking for any special treatment. They are lamenting that the WVSSAC in making the most recent regional assignments (which may affect all the other sports as well) have created for wrestling a region that is loaded with many teams with a long and rich history of good wrestling teams. This region always has been quite difficult, but the addition of the Fairmont teams (as they dropped to AA) and the new eastern panhandle teams has worsened the "lopsidedness" of the quantity of quality wrestlers in this region. At least that is my take on the point being made.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 am

Finally!!! A little reasoning. Now this is an argument that I might be able to get on board with. The "Power's To Be" have created an overly lopsided region. The results show that in order for a more balanced state of competition at the state wrestling tournament, we propose trading these 3 schools in Region one to Region two for those three schools. That makes sense to me, it will never happen but it makes sense to me. But just to say that Region One is so good that we deserve to have more participants than the other regions based on their poor results is just insane. I digress...

aacoach32

Postby aacoach32 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:54 pm

There’s no question about how strong Region 1 AA/A is. There’s no sense getting all upset about it. The WVSSAC is not going to change. It is what it is.

Return to “High School Wrestling”