Who are some of the top incoming freshman

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
WrestlingISlife125

Who are some of the top incoming freshman

Postby WrestlingISlife125 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:41 pm

We had a good amount of stud 9th graders this year. Another one that could have made it to the finals was Dom Way and could possibly won. What are some of the top 8th graders coming up like the class we just had? I haven’t been around the younger guys for a while, but wasn’t to start a watch list.

some guy

Re: Who are some of the top incoming freshman

Postby some guy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:43 am

In no particular order, and probably missing some obvious great wrestlers, so I apologize in advance for leaving anyone off the list.

Chad Artman - Brook
Brock Humphrey - Linsly
Georgie Mamakos - Linsly
Nathan Hughes - John Marshall
Austin Carrodus - Parkersburg
Parker Woods - Parkersburg
Maverick Lilly - Cameron
Talen Brown - Cameron
Griffen Miller - Cameron
Zaden Cordiero - Ripley
Colston Skeen - Ripley
Dutch Sandy - Williamstown
Nico Maisel - University
Brody Kehler - University
Zach Shawver - GW
Asa Yost - South
Paul Cochran - East Bank

WrestlingISlife125

Postby WrestlingISlife125 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:18 pm

A good amount of names. Wonder what the projected weights will be? And how they match up with the top kids already at those weights.

Wrestler3726

Postby Wrestler3726 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:11 am

WrestlingISlife125 wrote:A good amount of names. Wonder what the projected weights will be? And how they match up with the top kids already at those weights.

Another thing we would have to take for hand is which schools these wrestlers would be attending Sandy is around the Parkersburg area so he could probably go to any of the surrounding schools just like many wrestlers from wheeling central could attend John Marshall high and possibly but chose wcc due to beliefs and everything else saying that the kids from Cameron could have a option also if they are close enough to wrestling for wheeling central I’m certain they’ll be a powerhouse for many years to come with the squad they’ve built up and Linsly doesn’t attend any wrestling state tourneys or most wv wrestling matches for which reasons I do not know

Mike Kay

Postby Mike Kay » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:37 am

Glad to see Ripley has reinforcements coming losing afew to graduation, best of wishes in the future.

Hump119

Postby Hump119 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:45 pm

Wrestler3726 wrote:
WrestlingISlife125 wrote:A good amount of names. Wonder what the projected weights will be? And how they match up with the top kids already at those weights.

Another thing we would have to take for hand is which schools these wrestlers would be attending Sandy is around the Parkersburg area so he could probably go to any of the surrounding schools just like many wrestlers from wheeling central could attend John Marshall high and possibly but chose wcc due to beliefs and everything else saying that the kids from Cameron could have a option also if they are close enough to wrestling for wheeling central I’m certain they’ll be a powerhouse for many years to come with the squad they’ve built up and Linsly doesn’t attend any wrestling state tourneys or most wv wrestling matches for which reasons I do not know

Linsly does OVAC and WSAZ plus other duals in WV. And nothing is for sure, but I do know that Linsly might be trying to get into the state tournament. As of now they wrestle at Prep Nationals. So I’m not saying that Linsly kids are top incoming freshman, but just because they don’t wrestle the state tournament doesn’t mean they can’t be some of the top incoming freshman. Now I do agree are some of these going to be projected with some studs already there? I guess we will see.

gogetit

Postby gogetit » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:51 pm

[quote="some guy"]In no particular order, and probably missing some obvious great wrestlers, so I apologize in advance for leaving anyone off the list.

Chad Artman - Brook
Brock Humphrey - Linsly
Georgie Mamakos - Linsly
Nathan Hughes - John Marshall
Austin Carrodus - Parkersburg
Parker Woods - Parkersburg
Maverick Lilly - Cameron
Talen Brown - Cameron
Griffen Miller - Cameron
Zaden Cordiero - Ripley
Colston Skeen - Ripley
Dutch Sandy - Williamstown
Nico Maisel - University
Brody Kehler - University
Zach Shawver - GW
Asa Yost - South
Paul Cochran - East Bank

See if I can name a few more and I myself may be missing some as well.

Solomon Truman - Oak Hill
Jacob Lowdermilk - Hurricane
Jace Starcher - Ripley
Kendrick Durst - Ripley
Preston Rhodes - Elkview
Tristin Shaffer - Elkview
Kaiden Proctor- Warm Springs
Kowen Proctor - Warm Springs
Bryan Phillips - East Fairmont
John Osborne - Man

Return to “High School Wrestling”