Reclassification vs The WV State Duals Qualification

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Reclassification vs The WV State Duals Qualification

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:14 am

Regional tournaments happened in February and the top four teams to compete for a chance to compete at the 2025 State Duals Championship were identified.

With the proposed regional realignment, this creates some reworking and possible conceding.

Fairmont Senior is going from AA/A Region 1 to AAA Region 1. Who do they bump OUT of the AAA Regional 1 qualifying quad?

Ripley moves from AAA Region 4 to AA/A Region 4. Who do they bump out?

AA/A Region 4 picks up Ripley. Braxton and Hoover. All three teams were in line to wrestle in their previous regional quad for a shot to go to the WV State Duals. What do they all do now?

As I have said in previous years, some of this stuff doesn't take 4 years to figure out. In addition, when a bad decision is made, sports should not have to suffer for four more years before a bad thing gets fixed.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Re: Reclassification vs The WV State Duals Qualification

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:32 am

AA/A Region four completed in February with the following teams finishing in the top four:

Point Pleasant
Ravenswood
Williamstown
Winfield

With the proposed regional realignment fiasco, only Point Pleasant remains in AA/A Region 4.

Both Ravenswood and Williamstown are headed to AA/A Region 1.

Winfield is headed to AAA Region 4.

It is fair to say that Point Pleasant, Ravenswood and Williamstown will be returning next season with teams that will be in the top 10.

Ripley, Hoover and Braxton County are all headed to the new AA/A Region 4.

All three schools competed in the 2024 WV State Duals.

Furthermore, all three schools also qualified to compete in the regional quad wrestle offs for a shot to return to the WV State Duals in 2025.

It's time for some folks to get to work.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:04 pm

Where did you get this info from? The only thing I can find is an article that came out in the Preston County News that looks to only be about basketball.

Beast

Postby Beast » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:55 pm

Here is a solution…

Some would say it is obvious,,,

Decide who will represent the region early in the same year!

DUH…

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:18 am

A same season solution should have been being used all along, basing qualification off of a previous season is asinine.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:32 pm

Bearhugger, are you using the list posted by WVU (their Forum name) on another post, which may be just some random and unknown poster on another websites idea of what they think it should be? I've asked on that post the source of this Realignment thay everyone is reacting to.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:56 pm

The official list posted by WV Metro News about an hour ago
AAA

Wrestling

REGION I

Brooke, John Marshall, Morgantown, Wheeling Park,
Fairmont Senior, Buckhannon-Upshur, Bridgeport, Preston, University

REGION II

Spring Mills, Hedgesville, Martinsburg, Musselman, Jefferson, Washington,

REGION III

Capital , George Washington, Nitro, Saint Albans, South Charleston Woodrow Wilson, Princeton, Greenbrier East, Oak Hill, Riverside

REGION IV

Cabell Midland, Huntington, Spring Valley, Hurricane, Parkersburg, Parkersburg South, Winfield

page20image48114448 page20image48116944 page20image48117360 page20image48117568

WVSSAC
SECTIONAL AND REGIONAL ALIGNMENT 2 CLASSIFICATION SPORTS Wrestling

AA-A

REGION I

Berkeley Springs, Cameron, East Fairmont, Weir, Frankfort, Keyser, North Marion, Oak Glen, Hampshire, Wheeling Central, Madonna, Hundred, Paden City, Valley, St. Mary’s, Tyler Consolidated, Magnolia,

REGION II

Elkins, Lewis County, Liberty Harrison, Lincoln, Roane County, Robert C. Byrd, Phillip Barbour South Harrison, Grafton, Doddridge County, East Hardy, Moorefield, Notre Dame,

Petersburg, Braxton County, Clay County, Ritchie County, Gilmer County

REGION III

Bluefield, Shady Spring, PikeView, Nicholas County, Liberty Raleigh, Independence, Greenbrier West, Richwood, River View, Webster County, Meadow Bridge, Midland Trail,
Herbert Hoover, Wyoming East,

REGION IV

Chapmanville, Buffalo, Ripley, Poca, Point Pleasant, Sissonville, Man, Williamstown ,Mingo Central, St. Joseph Central, Tug Valley, Wahama, Logan, Calhoun County, Parkersburg Catholic, Ravenswood, Wirt County,

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm

So the already unbalanced AAA regions are going to become even more unbalanced. I realize that because of geography that it is difficult to move schools to balance them but it would seem that there was no effort to do so at all. I don't follow A/AA much but it looks like no effort was made there to create more of a balance there either

mscoach106

Postby mscoach106 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:58 am

mscoach4 wrote:So the already unbalanced AAA regions are going to become even more unbalanced. I realize that because of geography that it is difficult to move schools to balance them but it would seem that there was no effort to do so at all. I don't follow A/AA much but it looks like no effort was made there to create more of a balance there either

Wait, does geography matter in AAA? Doesn't appear to be considered in AA/A :)

Return to “High School Wrestling”