Top 5 A/AA in Each Weight Class

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Repoman1304

Top 5 A/AA in Each Weight Class

Postby Repoman1304 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Don't get to see a lot of southern teams just trying to get input...

J.W.

Re: Top 5 A/AA in Each Weight Class

Postby J.W. » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I'll try for top three to four right now off the top of my head. NO ORDER YET, NOT ENOUGH MATCHES!:

106 Laya, Lusher, Stover, Hodges
113 Whorton, Harris, Spencer, Efaw
120 Moore, Johnson, Stover, Stump
126 Robertson, McCune, Secrist,
132 Bozek, Pumphrey, Metheny, Hart
138 Good, Gibson, Reichard, Foster
145 Cox, Booth, Kuhn, Kotsko
152 Michael, Shuman, Ritchie, Elliot
160 Ritchie, Shaw, Arnett, Kincell, Daniels
170 Hart, Mason, Currence, Barker
182 Rodehaver, Cook, Lewis, Stewart
196 Adams, White, Lacy, Haughton
220 Daniels, Price, Hopkins, Keys
285 Markely, Stewart, Ledbetter

2boyswrestling

Postby 2boyswrestling » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 pm

I would add McCune at 38 and Moore at 170

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I'd say this early your right on or as close as you can be right now

Indypats

Postby Indypats » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Schoonover and nice?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Who is Johnson 120?
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Caleb Johnson or Aka Caleb Rea from Weir

Excal62

Postby Excal62 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Rodehaver, Schoonover are @182, Nice is at 220

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Mine were off the top of my head, I did forget Nice who will definitely be in the mix and good info on the others weights.

coach999

Postby coach999 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:07 pm

I would add Cottrill at 138 from Sissonville.

coach999

Postby coach999 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Also McConaughey from Magnolia at 182

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone! Wouldn't it be awesome if someone would host a holiday invitational next year and get all the top wrestlers together early. It would set up some good rematches at regional and states! Just saying..

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Spencer Long 182
placed 5th at 195 at the 2015 state tournament

justawrestlingfan

Postby justawrestlingfan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:52 pm

I believe Nice is wrestling up to 220 right now. He should be 195 at states.

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:43 pm

White at 126

pin2win

Postby pin2win » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Cottrell from Sissonville at 138, is one you want to watch. Hes going to surprise you.

WashedUp02

Postby WashedUp02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:00 pm

170 - Moore-Calhoun and Jarvis-Braxton

WashedUp02

Postby WashedUp02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Also 160. Horner- Keyser

tightwaist44

Postby tightwaist44 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Looks like Jarvis and Moore will meet this weekend at Beckley. Any thoughts?

WashedUp02

Postby WashedUp02 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:11 am

I believe Jarvis beat Moore more than once his freshmen year, but with both being undefeated this far in the season I think it'll be a good match. With them also maybe meeting up at the BCI and LKC and possibly states.

Red and Black

Postby Red and Black » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:25 am

Caleb Johnson of Weir High School, is now Caleb Rea thanks to the great state of WV. There is no more aka, needed.

Simplehalf

Postby Simplehalf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:55 am

Braxton and Calhoun in the same pool will be very interesting this weekend.

2015DeBee106

Postby 2015DeBee106 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 am

Saw somebody took note of Caleb Rae of Weir. I don't quite remember what class he wrestles, but he is definitely one of the wild cards to watch out for.

justawrestlingfan

Postby justawrestlingfan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:00 am

2015DeBee106 wrote:Saw somebody took note of Caleb Rae of Weir. I don't quite remember what class he wrestles, but he is definitely one of the wild cards to watch out for.

Rea is 120. Riley Nice is a 9th grader that is at 120 that could make some noise too. I talked to Magnolia's coach yesterday and Caleb Nice will be staying at 220.

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 am

Seen the Nice boy wrestle at 220 in the Cameron Tournament he is a tough kid and fun to watch.

HolyHighCrotch

Postby HolyHighCrotch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:29 am

106: Laya, Lusher, Hodges
Laya and Lusher have not met yet, but Laya has scored bonus points in every match this year. Returning champion and results showing he should do it again.

113: Whorton, Recrosio, Spencer
Whorton in drivers seat with beating Recrosio at WVNG Duals and a dominating Major Decision over Spencer. Recrosio and Whorton in Regional finals and state finals. Whorton repeats.

120: Moore, Harris, Rea
Three impressive wrestlers with contradicting styles. Cam Moore is solid from neutral and hard to score on. Cam Moore graduates as a three timer but Rea or Harris will push him to earn it.

126: Secrist, Robertson, White
Secrist edged out Robertson this week in a close decision. I think it comes down to these two in the finals. Robertson gets his in his senior year on the way out the door. If not, one of the hardest working toughest kids to not get one.

132: Bozek, Metheny, Pumphrey
Bozek came out of no where last year and took his first state title. Has been solid all year this season. Metheny is always dangerous and has fallen just short two years in a row. Pumphrey is always physical. Taking Bozek on the repeat as of now.

138: Reichard, Goode, Hoard
Reichard had a solid performance at Winners Choice and looks like the current front runner but alot of dogs are chasing and closing. Goode is always solid and in the running. Hoard is tough also. Going with Good right now but open to debate as all are tough.

145: Cox, Currence, Booth
Cox and the rest of the field. Anything can happen and Currence and Booth are toigh but I think Cox is at another level. Cox with a dominating performance.

152: Michael, Elliot, Ritchey
Toughest weight class this year. Michael has now split with Ritchie on the season but leads the recent series like 5 to 1. Michael beat Elliot this season definitively in their first matchup. They will meet again with conference, regionals, WSAZ, etc. Elliot got the better of Ritchie. Shuman still lerks on the outside. With the entire whirlwind, I think Michael finishes his career with another state title and a refuse to lose attitude.

160: Shaw, Ritchie, Horner
Ritchie a returning state champion. Shaw has been in the mix for years. Horner a tough wrestler from a tough program and always dangerous. My gut tells me Shaw is going to want this the most and won't let it escape him in his senior year.

170: Hart, Moore, Jarvis
Hart wins number three giving himself a chance to join the small group of four timers this state has had. Moore and Jarvis are tough but a healthy Hart won't be beat.

182: Schoonover, Cook, Stewart
Reports say Rodehaver is done which solidifies Schoonover as the clear front runner. Cook and Stewart are good but not sure they can knock off Schoonover.

195: Adams, White, Abbott
Adams is the top pound for pound wrestler in this class. Control them to the mat and a referee that is not soft and he would also be winning his third this year. White will stay physical with him but talent will shine through.

220: Daniels, Nice, Price
Another tough weight class that all three are in the running. Not sure how it really ends up but going with Indy getting a fourth individual champion. This may be the difference in them getting another team title.

285: Markley, Carey, Stewart
Carey is tough, but Markley is returning to same weight to repeat this year. Stewart and Carey will push him but he comes through for 2.
Last edited by HolyHighCrotch on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pin2win

Postby pin2win » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 am

HolyHighCrotch wrote:106: Laya, Lusher, Hodges
Laya and Lusher have not met yet, but Laya has scored bonus points in every match this year. Returning champion and results showing he should do it again.

Whorton in drivers seat with beating Recrosio at WVNG Duals and a dominating Major Decision over Spencer. Recrosio and Whorton in Regional finals and state finals. Whorton repeats.

Three impressive wrestlers with contradicting styles. Cam Moore is solid from neutral and hard to score on. Cam Moore graduates as a three timer but Rea or Harris will push him to earn it.

Secrist edged out Robertson this week in a close decision. I think it comes down to these two in the finals. Robertson gets his in his senior year on the way out the door. If not, one of the hardest working toughest kids to not get one.

Bozek came out of no where last year and took his first state title. Has been solid all year this season. Metheny is always dangerous and has fallen just short two years in a row. Pumphrey is always physical. Taking Bozek on the repeat as of now.

Reichard had a solid performance at Winners Choice and looks like the current front runner but alot of dogs are chasing and closing. Goode is always solid and in the running. Hoard is tough also. Going with Good right now but open to debate as all are tough.

Cox and the rest of the field. Anything can happen and Currence and Booth are toigh but I think Cox is at another level. Cox with a dominating performance.

Toughest weight class this year. Michael has now split with Ritchie on the season but leads the recent series like 5 to 1. Michael beat Elliot this season definitively in their first matchup. They will meet again with conference, regionals, WSAZ, etc. Elliot got the better of Ritchie. Shuman still lerks on the outside. With the entire whirlwind, I think Michael finishes his career with another state title and a refuse to lose attitude.

Ritchie a returning state champion. Shaw has been in the mix for years. Horner a tough wrestler from a tough program and always dangerous. My gut tells me Shaw is going to want this the most and won't let it escape him in his senior year.

Hart wins number three giving himself a chance to join the small group of four timers this state has had. Moore and Jarvis are tough but a healthy Hart won't be beat.

182: Schoonover, Murphy, Stewart
Reports say Rodehaver is done which solidifies Schoonover as the clear front runner. Murphy and Stewart are good but not sure they can knock off Schoonover.

Adams is the top pound for pound wrestler in this class. Control them to the mat and a referee that is not soft and he would also be winning his third this year. White will stay physical with him but talent will shine through.

Another tough weight class that all three are in the running. Not sure how it really ends up but going with Indy getting a fourth individual champion. This may be the difference in them getting another team title.

Carey is tough, but Markley is returning to same weight to repeat this year. Stewart and Carey will push him but he comes through for 2.

Hoard is 132 not 128....!!!!!!

pin2win

Postby pin2win » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:16 am

pin2win wrote:

Reports say Rodehaver is done which solidifies Schoonover as the clear front runner. Murphy and Stewart are good but not sure they can knock off Schoonover.

Hoard is 132 not 138...!!!!!!

pin2win

Postby pin2win » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 am

Hoard is 132 not 138.....

HolyHighCrotch

Postby HolyHighCrotch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:06 pm

06: Laya, Lusher, Hodges

138: Reichard, Goode, Foster
Reichard had a solid performance at Winners Choice and looks like the current front runner but alot of dogs are chasing and closing. Goode is always solid and in the running. Going with Good right now but open to debate as all are tough.

182: Schoonover, Cook, Stewart
Reports say Rodehaver is done which solidifies Schoonover as the clear front runner. Cook and Stewart are good but not sure they can knock off Schoonover.

Last edited by HolyHighCrotch on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “High School Wrestling”