Prayers for the family of Mike Stump

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach64

Prayers for the family of Mike Stump

Postby mscoach64 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 am

Legendary Calhoun Coach Stump passed away this morning of a heart attack. Such a wonderful man. Prayers go out to his wonderful family, Calhoun community and the many that knew and loved Coach Stump

aacoach117

Re: Prayers for the family of Mike Stump

Postby aacoach117 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:45 am

He was such an awesome man. Always had a smile and handshake for everyone. He will be missed.

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 am

Tremendous coach and an even better human being. May God bless his family and the Calhoun Community.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Still so hard for me to believe. I was just going to text him yesterday about something. :'(

So many of us will miss Mike, myself included. He really was one of the best. My prayers are going out to his family.

I'll be posting arrangements on the front page when they become available.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

aacoach62

Postby aacoach62 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:40 pm

It has taken me until today to write anything about Coach Stump. He was a great coach, a fierce competitor, and a wonderful family man. I enjoyed talking with him at the Calhoun tournament.

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

I knew Coach Mike Stump. I am proud to say that. I am saddened by the loss for his family, community, and all of the wrestlers that he taught. I'm sure anyone that knew Mike would consider him a friend. I know that he had a long and successful coaching career, but the thing that stands out the most to me is how much of a gentleman he was. I'm sure he was a fierce competitor. His teams were always rough and tough as well as skilled. I'm sure his wrestlers could attest to some level of intensity, but I am struck by his ability to maintain such a positive, approachable demeanor. Even when he got angry, he seemed to exhibit a level of maturity and composure that all coaches should emulate. I cannot recall ever hearing Mike say a mean thing about anyone. He just seemed so genuine. It was obvious he had a strong love for his family. I got to know Coach Stump through wrestling, but he was a special person beyond sports. I think all of the most important things that make a man a good man were

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:33 pm

Continued
pesent with Mike. I am proud to have known him and will definitely miss him.

Wayne Jarvis

Return to “High School Wrestling”