WLU wrestling support Holdyn Keefer

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
westlibcoach

WLU wrestling support Holdyn Keefer

Postby westlibcoach » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Yesterday for practice we did a 40 minute live go in honor of Holdyn Keefer. Holdyn is a four year old WV native who loves the sport of wrestling and last week was diagnosed with leukemia. The lesson today was no matter how tired you are find a way to keep grinding and fighting. We are sending him a card signed by all members of the program and gear to rock. The program will also be making a special trip this spring to Point Pleasant, WV to visit with Holdyn. Keep fighting Holdyn and we will be seeing you soon! ‪#‎TopperPride‬ ‪#‎Giveback‬ ‪#‎Bigpicture‬ ‪#‎Family‬ ‪#‎Grind‬ ‪#‎Fight‬ ‪#‎NewWLera‬

Below is a picture of the WLU wrestling team after the 40 min go with gifts being sent to Holdyn.

Mitch Smith
Head Wrestling Coach
West Liberty University
Attachments
holdyn keefer pic.jpg
holdyn keefer pic.jpg (83.36 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

simms6764

Re: WLU wrestling support Holdyn Keefer

Postby simms6764 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:02 pm

well done coach. I love when guys do things for those who are not as fortunate. Prayers go out to this young man and thanks to you and your team members.

russling

Postby russling » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Great job coach and team.

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am

The Point Pleasaant Wrestling Family would like to thank Coach Smith and his squad. Holdyn is an awesome little guy that wrestles for our Knights Club. Holdyn has a huge fight on his hands and the thought and care of West Linerty Wrestling Program I'm sure brings a huge smile to Family. Thank you again! You guys are awesome. Please continue to pray for Holdyn and the Keefer Family.

John Bonecutter

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am

Kudos to Coach Smith and the entire WLU wrestling team. What a great group of men!

Holdyn and his family will most certainly be in my prayers.

2sexy

Postby 2sexy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Way to go West Liberty, I'm sure Holdyn will enjoy the gifts. Wrestling has done alot for many men and women. I was told at a early age that wrestling was a way of life. Seeing how Holdyn wrestles, I'm sure he is lacing up his shoes and getting ready to get in this fight. My prayers go out to Holdyn Keefer!........Get Your Feet In The Mat!

gnat

Postby gnat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Great example coach. I think it would be neat to see how many teams middle school and high school both could bring something from their team (shirt hat ect) to the wsaz this weekend to show him support from throughout the state. Not much time but lets see what we can do.

Return to “High School Wrestling”