ST. ALBANS

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

ST. ALBANS

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

You guys are off next weekend. Head to the WV Duals.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

longlivesouth

Re: ST. ALBANS

Postby longlivesouth » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm

why would they come all that way just to lose to south

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Borderline ignorant comment !! St Albans whether they can win vs South or not, has a good group of kids in that program. Just my opinion.......And, unless you have forgotten, it is all about the kids !!

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Too bad South isn't in the MSAC, that tourney will be very interesting with PHS, Ripley, Huntington, St. Albans, GW, Riverside, CM & Capital all being there. I'm looking forward to it, hopefully the weather is better that weekend. 7 of the states top 10

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:15 am

Not borderline, it was STUPID! I think it would be great to have St Albans, CM, GW, PP, the entire top 10 in all classes AAA/A-AA. It is the WV Duals, not the Parkersburg duals!
I am a fan of the sport that happens to be from Parkersburg. I feel that more mat time makes all wrestlers better, also wrestling big out of state tournaments and better Ohio-Pennsylvania teams, it shows wrestlers different styles and techniques.

There is a lot of people In West Virginia that despise South, why I guess because they have swagger, have been either #1 or #2 for what seems forever. There is a reason Wood County HS's have dominated wrestling in WV for years,outstanding youth (Cougars, Jr Patriots, Lubeck, Minerwells,Vienna)programs, quality feeder programs (Jackson, Edison, Blennerhassett) many parents that either donate or allow their kids to participate in out of state and national tournaments( Virginia Duals, Beast of the East, Ironman, Tulsa nationals, NHSCA pre-season&nationals)

Kudos to Indy, PP. I have had the pleasure of watching these programs getting better year by year. This year Indy has a team that can beat anyone in the State, South included. I am a South fan, yes. And I will catch he!! From friends for saying that, I really wish WSAZ wouldn't have been cancelled, because I believe Indy was gonna make huge waves upsetting all the AAA schools SOUTH included.

Haven't had the opportunity to see much of East Fairmont this year, besides Winners Choice. I believe Winners choice is a good tournament, and a good judge of talent, 120lb finals was best match for me, next to Nick Johnson's finals matchup,mr Humphrey and Mr Moore what a match, thank you gentlemen.

So come on up to WV Duals, all that can make it, you will get some quality matches, It's not the WSAZ's or OVAC's but it's a good place to be a month before Regionals.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:31 am

How about all the MSAC teams jumping in the biggest conference in the USA (the OVAC). Then we could see how many of them beat Steubenville like we did. Let's see I think it would be just about, probable, apprtoximately goose egg (0). And as far as Independence beating South, all I can go by (and I know this dose'nt always mean something) is South beating PHS by 41 (56-15) and Indy only beating PHS by 13 (42-29). That is a hugh (and I do mean hugh) 28 point difference in favor of South. So once again I rest my case, and in the words of two life long best friends the late Jim Auvil & Truesouthfaninhunt), do ya blame me ?

Frank Stein

Postby Frank Stein » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 am

Tsfipb
What exactly is "Hugh"?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:56 pm

When did PHS wrestle Indy THIS season?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:19 pm

for somebody with 995 posts i can't believe you can't find the results of phs-indy. go to january results on this site and scroll down to Jan. 2nd. there it is.

Return to “High School Wrestling”