LKC Wrestling tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_stump

LKC Wrestling tournament

Postby coach_stump » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 pm

Got to give a big shout out for the Red Devils of Calhoun County for winning the Little Kanawha Conference Wrestling Tournament. Great tourney with a closely contested event. The top 3 teams shared leads, scored swayed from one match to another, and the finals were exciting to the very end. Came down to the next to last match. Wow Thank you St Marys High School for hosting this event, beautiful school and facilities, you guys did a great job here. Again, got to thank Tim Brown, this man knows how to run a tourney smoothly. And finally, congrats to Cam Moore for his selection of the Most Outstanding Wrestler. Great kid, great family.

aacoach91

Re: LKC Wrestling tournament

Postby aacoach91 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Well said coach!!!! Great facilities! It was a close race all the way! great job as always Mr. Brown!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Just out of curiosity, were all of the fans able to watch all of the matches or were there mats set up in different rooms?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

coach_stump

Postby coach_stump » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Bearhugger, there were 3 mats used throughout the tournament with great viewing. Very well ran tourney.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Outstanding. I should have come there to watch instead.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

tmsbrown

Postby tmsbrown » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:15 pm

I appreciate all the good comments about the tournament guys. Coach Stump, I have always enjoyed running these meets, but I must say, having you to help a little and chat wrestling with during the past two tournaments has been great. Even though you messed up mine and Coach Givens' system at Williamstown, we had a good time and watched alot of good wrestling! And I have to toss a good word for my buddy David "Crash" Matheny - he is a great kid.

mooreboysdad

Postby mooreboysdad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Mr. Brown you always do an outstanding job. It's amazing that 1 man and a computer can run a tournament so smoothly, and other events with many many many workers don't. And yes David is a great young man. We have been around him for many years and he is always the same, smiling, shaking hands with wrestlers (win or lose) from all teams, refing, etc. He is an inspiration. Thanks

Return to “High School Wrestling”