WVSSAC needs to require uniform results reporting

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach61

WVSSAC needs to require uniform results reporting

Postby aacoach61 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:11 pm

The WVSSAC needs to require a uniform system of reporting state regional seeding and results.

Some regions release seeding information. Some don't. Just look at the WV-Mat front page.

Some regions report results with complete brackets and scores. Some don't. Heck, some regions are late every year in reporting who even qualified for Huntington.

That's unacceptable in this digital age-- don't agree to host a regional unless you agree to provide the information.

Fans, wrestlers and parents should all get the results in a uniform manner regardless of which region is reporting them.

Is anyone at the WVSSAC listening?

mscoach20

Re: WVSSAC needs to require uniform results reporting

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Seems like they were reported as they finished and doc had them up fast. I am not sure exactly what you're looking for. Maybe trackwrestling? Or maybe a baumspage type thing? Could you explain why results up in minutes was unacceptable?
Tench

aacoach61

Postby aacoach61 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Click on all 8 (4 in AAA and 4 in AA/A) regional results and see how different they are-- some have brackets and match scores, some just have the names of the 4 qualifiers. They use different software. No other state has such lack of uniformity. The WVSSAC should provide uniform tournament software. What were the finals match scores in Region 1 AA/A, for instance? No brackets are shown.

How many regions provided seeding information to fans (and I realize some like AA Region 1 seeded on Friday to save coaches a second trip)?

We should have uniform results and seeding reporting throughout the state.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:36 pm

I see what you mean. I thought you meant reporting as in timing. You just want everyone one the same page in terms of result detail.

EDIT: I'm confident they simply sent those in to get to the pill faster. I'd be shocked if brackets don't post shortly.
Tench

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:42 pm

It would be nice to see a spreadsheet of all qualifiers with schools, grade in school, win/loss record, etc. then when the pill is drawn we could whip out our own brackets. I would also love to see standardized software used.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:46 pm

I guarantee you got all results written in your big book of records!
Tench

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 am

Actually, every match I ever coached is in a lot of those books and on CD's in case the computer crashes. Retired all these years but you never know when you need to whip out the "Big Book!" LOL.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

Return to “High School Wrestling”