Dutton award 2016

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gutorone

Re: Dutton award 2016

Postby Gutorone » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Had the kid not gassed , Allman would not have had his first or second (can not remember which) championship either. Kid was embarrassing him up to that point.

Did watch the Adams / Allman match. From my seat , Allman was stuck ! Giving Adams only 3 was a early Xmas for the South fans. Allman is a good wrestler, but not Dutton material.

I understand that South fans can not stand to have a thread on here where their guy/team is not mentioned, but seriously, stop it .

GsUpChooseDown

Postby GsUpChooseDown » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Not Dutton Material? Lol ok....you got it figured out. You even know where the Dutton started from? If Allman wins his 4th, regardless of the color of his singlet, he deserves to be in this conversation PERIOD! It folks like you that your hate for a program blinds you from everything else.

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Gutorone wrote:Had the kid not gassed , Allman would not have had his first or second (can not remember which) championship either. Kid was embarrassing him up to that point.

Did watch the Adams / Allman match. From my seat , Allman was stuck ! Giving Adams only 3 was a early Xmas for the South fans. Allman is a good wrestler, but not Dutton material.

I understand that South fans can not stand to have a thread on here where their guy/team is not mentioned, but seriously, stop it .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.09 KiB) Viewed 8259 times

Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:58 pm

He was stuck

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Gutorone wrote:Had the kid not gassed , Allman would not have had his first or second (can not remember which) championship either. Kid was embarrassing him up to that point.

Rather than snip your inconsiderate comments, I'll keep them up for everyone to see just how inconsiderate they really are Gutorone.

It was a Freshman wrestling a Senior in an upper weight class when Allman came from behind and stuck his opponent. Everyone has been against him all 3 years and said he'd never win. He just does!

I went back over your 41 post and most are negative. You've even had post deleted by Doc or moderators. Many against South or South wrestlers. Could it be that you are a cross river fan or former coach? You sound an awful lot like JCredible who used to post on here and was banned.

Maybe when your team starts winning, you can actually post something constructive and worthwhile on here and give some of these kids credit for what they've accomplished. Any wrestlers who has won 3 state titles and is line to win 4 is worthy of this conservation. I hope Doc and others are keeping an eye on your comments!
Moderator WV Mat

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Gutorone you just got Fired by Mr. Gator who is trying to make WVMAT great again!
6odNr3Ui_400x400.png
6odNr3Ui_400x400.png (246.49 KiB) Viewed 8240 times

Trump out!!!! #MERICA

MatUnoffcial

Postby MatUnoffcial » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:47 pm

I only hope that The Donald continues his posting and although they may not be the hero this forum deserves, they're the one it needs.
Ah you think WVmat is your ally? You merely adopted the forum. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see actual wrestling until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:54 pm

I didn't see anything it GUTs post that would cause it to be snipped. It is a fact that if you say something bad against South your post will either get deleted or you get banned. I had one of my posts a couple days ago that was deleted because it was about South but I didn't say anything that broke the rules.

Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Scott , he was stuck

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Frank, I guess you and your buddy had a better view than the ref.
Moderator WV Mat

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Its always interesting to see that some folks take an interesting post and turn it into a conversation about "south".

And also, the ongoing drama between the Adams and Allman match is rediculous !! How long ago was the match ? 30 days or so.....???? The better wrestler won that day and the result isn't going to change guys.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:48 pm

armyscot0873 wrote:I didn't see anything it GUTs post that would cause it to be snipped. It is a fact that if you say something bad against South your post will either get deleted or you get banned. I had one of my posts a couple days ago that was deleted because it was about South but I didn't say anything that broke the rules.

One of the forum rules is that post can be removed when others object to their content or it belittles or tears down a wrestler. It's one thing to be say that a one wrestler can beat another, but to do so when it belittles that wrestlers and their accomplishments is another thing. Also, to say that a wrestler was getting embarrassed is pushing that limit.

I'm not sure who removed your post or what it was about for that matter, but maybe someone objected. I also had one of mine removed the past week because of something I said against the WVSSSAC. Probably deserved do be. It happens.

I know there are some who constantly post things about South and their wrestler( I can go overboard too), some are brash and should be worded differently. Maybe they are just proud of the program, but I wish they'd choose their words more carefully at times. (me included).

The Dutton Award is very prestigious and there are many wrestlers who possibly deserve recognition, but let the ones who think it's their guy have their say and try not to destroy these kids, and they are kids, and I don't think anything said on here is going sway votes.
Moderator WV Mat

Wrestlingfan2016

Postby Wrestlingfan2016 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Agree that Lucas Simpkins is the best wrestler in the state and also had the best career. He deserves the Dutton Award. Folks can argue about the remainder of the field of underclassmen but Simpkins has proven he is the best in the state - repeatedly. Let's face it, even though he is a two time champ, he lost a third title last year in the last seconds. All he had to do was run around the mat, but that isn't the type of wrestler he is. And his freshman year he gave up his weight class to his older brother, or he would have had another state title. And for anyone who was at the MSACs, the fact the he spent more time wrestling on the side mats with midget leaguers than actually on the mat with his opponents says more about his character as a person than anything.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Lucas is a good young man and wrestler. He would be a good choice too. Did anyone notice that the "nasty" South crowd stood and cheered for him when he won? Luke used to travel with the Junior Patriot wrestlers and has many friends on the southside.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Lets look at all state championship finals for a minute.

1. It is the last match of the season. Both competitors have been working out the previous 3 months to the past year.

2. It is the only match of the day (Saturday night).

Anybody who gets "gassed" in this match, deserves to get pinned. Allman's opponent scored on two tilts. Tilts are good but they also equate to lazy wrestling. Lazy techniques are probably used in practice too. Thus, minimal workout each day. Thus, less gas.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:Allman is a great wrestler that DESERVES to be a contender. Now don't get me wrong Adams is a great wrestler an right now probably the best p4p in the state but come on, last years slam was a heartbreaker yes but his freshman year,If Stewart didn't have to inj dft midway through the finals match,he would of beaten Adams like he did earlier in that season an this would OF BEEN HIS first tittle.

One reason why injuries occur is because kids do not weight train. As for Stewart, I have zero information on him or this match with Adams.

However, this season we witnessed a few top caliber wrestlers end their high school career on a less than desirable finish due to injuries.

This sport is rough. The state tournament is a four day grind.

You better have gas, durability and the ability to survive.

Some people win because they survive.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Gator I was just off mat side.
I had a good view.

aaacoach86

Postby aaacoach86 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 pm

if I'm not mistaken, the only one at any weight class in our state nationally ranked both on intermat and flo is Josh Humphreys at 120.

aaacoach82

Postby aaacoach82 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:27 am

aaacoach86 wrote:if I'm not mistaken, the only one at any weight class in our state nationally ranked both on intermat and flo is Josh Humphreys at 120.

Very true if it go's to a under freshman this young man is well deserving of it.

shootnow

Postby shootnow » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

Concerning Allman, Adams....Connor Butry a senior Sammy Henson WVU recruit placed 6th at Powerade as a Base reference to the quality of these 4 wrestlers. Noah Bushman Placed 4th, Patrick Duggan placed 3rd.....Allman Beat Duggan, Bushman beat Adams, Adams beat Allman, it will be certainly interesting to see how things unfold next season as I believe all are underclassmen.

Wrestling-fanatic19

Postby Wrestling-fanatic19 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 am

I agree with either Lucas Simpkins or Cam Moore. Ritchie has a 1 loss record to an out if state opponent, but Hunter Jones beat that common opponent. So I don't think Ritchie is in the running. Dalton Michael is a 3 time finalist with an impressive weight tbis season. He's also in the mix

aaacoach84

Postby aaacoach84 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:37 am

My vote would be for Simpkins. 4X finalist, 2X champ. Powerade AA. NHSCA Junior AA. Should've been a 4Xer... it is what it is.

mattman

Postby mattman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:29 pm

shootnow wrote:Concerning Allman, Adams....Connor Butry a senior Sammy Henson WVU recruit placed 6th at Powerade as a Base reference to the quality of these 4 wrestlers. Noah Bushman Placed 4th, Patrick Duggan placed 3rd.....Allman Beat Duggan, Bushman beat Adams, Adams beat Allman, it will be certainly interesting to see how things unfold next season as I believe all are underclassmen.

Noah wins that bushman match 8-10 times. No bad calls by ref imo. Noah was up 1 and gave up a late td and damn near had the reversal as time expired. One mistake is all it takes

shootnow

Postby shootnow » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Yup. Made plenty of em way back when.

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Who exactly decides the winner of this award? This site says its decided by a state wide panel. throughout this thread the term sportswriters is used. Is it a statewide panel of sportswriters?

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Yes, it's voted on by sportswriters.
Moderator WV Mat

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:17 pm

thanks, when does it happen?

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:56 pm

wow. I sure know how to stop a thread, over 3300 views and no answer. Please disregard question and continue with discussion

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:18 pm

I was away all day today or could have given you an estimate sooner. Last year it was announced on March 14th.
Moderator WV Mat

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks Gator

Return to “High School Wrestling”