Huntington awarded States again

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Truesouthfaninhunt

Huntington awarded States again

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Did I read that correctly ?

Frank

Re: Huntington awarded States again

Postby Frank » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 am

Outstanding
No better place for it in the state.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Frank wrote:Outstanding
No better place for it in the state.

Yes!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mgr1980

Postby mgr1980 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Fantastic!!!!

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 am

It's a great wrestling venue .... Never mind that the fan's view of the mats is obstructed. I guess that's not all that important.

StevenSeagal

Postby StevenSeagal » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 pm

This is getting old. What's so great about Huntington? I personally and am tired of it being here year in and year out. Move it up north, for at least a year!! I know you football people will say " well hell you guys have the football title game" that's fine, you guys can have it at Laidley for a few years, all I'm saying is the northern part of the state is tired of traveling so far for this every year. Have it at Wheeling or Morgantown or hell have AA states at one part of the state and AAA at the other. Seagal out

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun May 01, 2016 11:06 pm

StevenSeagal wrote:This is getting old. What's so great about Huntington? I personally and am tired of it being here year in and year out. Move it up north, for at least a year!! I know you football people will say " well hell you guys have the football title game" that's fine, you guys can have it at Laidley for a few years, all I'm saying is the northern part of the state is tired of traveling so far for this every year. Have it at Wheeling or Morgantown or hell have AA states at one part of the state and AAA at the other. Seagal out

Splitting the AAA and AA/A state tournaments into two different locations is a terrible idea.

I do like the idea of holding both regions (i.e Region 1 AAA and Region 1 AA/A) under the same roof.

Realwrestling

Postby Realwrestling » Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 am

Why is this not surprising?
It is the good old boys club dominating everything with wrestling in WV,

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Mon May 02, 2016 9:05 am

People really need to educate themselves on how the process works. FIRST AND FOREMOST other cities have to put in for the state tournament. Huntington once again was only one that applied. It is not an easy undertaking to take on. Wheeling would be good site but they did not put in for it. The OVAC is their baby, Charleston would be good but once again did not put in for it. WVU would be good but once again they did not put in for it and they are not going to shut down the coliseum for three days when school is in. Bill Archer has the willingness and people to help him and for that I say Thank you. For everybody else, learn the process, get involved before you go on here and say things that are just not TRUE.

Have a wonderful day.

mgr1980

Postby mgr1980 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:23 pm

I know how the bidding works but I cant remember how many years in a row cities are awarded to host a state tournament? Im thinking 3.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue May 03, 2016 6:24 pm

forthekids wrote:People really need to educate themselves on how the process works. FIRST AND FOREMOST other cities have to put in for the state tournament. Huntington once again was only one that applied. It is not an easy undertaking to take on. Wheeling would be good site but they did not put in for it. The OVAC is their baby, Charleston would be good but once again did not put in for it. WVU would be good but once again they did not put in for it and they are not going to shut down the coliseum for three days when school is in. Bill Archer has the willingness and people to help him and for that I say Thank you. For everybody else, learn the process, get involved before you go on here and say things that are just not TRUE.

Have a wonderful day.

Thank you for your post. I enjoy when details are provided. The same kind of detailed approach is what is needed to help many of these kids get their wrestling game to the next level.

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Realwrestling wrote:Why is this not surprising?
It is the good old boys club dominating everything with wrestling in WV,

Them is some pretty good boys down there in Huntington.
I m happy with it.

Return to “High School Wrestling”