Top 5 wrestlers

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mattman

Re: Top 5 wrestlers

Postby mattman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:37 am

IndyHart wrote:Dan, I'm sure he's talking about South, who has Windland-Irizarry-Roberts-Luke Martin as their first four. Those are four pretty good wrestlers. I think all four of those matches would be competitive. It's a shame that, because of the way the calendar falls, we won't get to see Luke Martin and Brock Whorton wrestle at WSAZ this year.

Those first 4 weights go 2-2 imo

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 am

The match that everyone is talking about, but won't happen this year.

106 Windland South vs Whorton East (South - 0 / East - 3) Whorton is better from the feet, scores early, controls the match)
113 Irizarry South vs Flint East (South - 0 / East - 9) Flint too strong for Irizarry
120 Roberts South vs Laya East (South - 0 / East - 15) Laya has the experience to get the fall for his team
126 Martin South vs Whorton East (South - 0 / East - 18) Both good from feet, but Whorton is better - Whorton wins all three positions
132 Shamblin South vs Hissam East (South - 3 / East - 18) This match is close, but Shamblin pulls of the win
138 Flinn South vs Foster East (South -3 / East - 24) Good match, but Foster wins by pin
145 Flinn South vs Burks East (South - 6 / East - 24) Flinn pulls away in the third period
152 Hinzman South vs Thomas East (South - 12 / East - 24) Hinzman's experience is too much
160 Dunbar South vs Kotsko East (South - 12 / East - 27) Kotsko sets the pace, close score, but Kotsko pulls off the upset
170 Lambiotte South vs Kincell East (South - 18 / East - 27) Lambiotte is too much for Kincell once on the mat
182 Delong South vs Forfeit East (South - 24 / East - 27) East can't match Delong at 182
195 Allman South vs Gereau East (South - 30 / East - 27) Allman wins by first period fall
220 Wolfe South vs Forfeit East (South - 36 / East - 27) East shows all forfeits at 220 - Dual victory is sealed
285 Haga South vs Willey East (South - 39 / East - 27) Slowed down match, low scoring, Haga wins the low scoring heavyweight match

East makes it exciting early, but South's complete line-up gives them the team win.

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:07 am

Frank wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:
Frank wrote:
I believe so

Actually it is obviously apparent that they can't.

You must have just gotten your password.

Good one :lol:
"Gains by any means necessary."

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 am

Rikishi wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:
Gator wrote:I for one, miss having matches with East. East has a tough starting first 4 and they all may be on the final stage Saturday night in Huntington.

We can talk and argue on here about who is best, I just wish the schedule allowed them to compete against each other.

I'll have to corner my friends who coach at East and see if we can make it happen next year. I may have to buy coach Geary a dinner though! :D

Well when East was asked to come to the WV Duals and/or dual South home or away, it was met with a resounding NO! Given South's schedule it is obvious that they are willing to wrestle anyone. Can other teams/coaches say the same??

Your sayin East is afraid to wrestle South? And South is the only team in the State willing to wrestle anyone? Typical!!!!

I am saying that the coaches of East are not willing to put their kids in a situation in which they are not heavily favored unless they have to...i.e. state tournament. I am simply comparing schedules. South is notorious for having a schedule that does not allow their kids to go undefeated year after year. Which is why South tends to stay near the top year after after in the state. Tell me different and you are a liar. ;)

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:21 am

maskedman wrote:The match that everyone is talking about, but won't happen this year.

106 Windland South vs Whorton East (South - 0 / East - 3) Whorton is better from the feet, scores early, controls the match)
113 Irizarry South vs Flint East (South - 0 / East - 9) Flint too strong for Irizarry
120 Roberts South vs Laya East (South - 0 / East - 15) Laya has the experience to get the fall for his team
126 Martin South vs Whorton East (South - 0 / East - 18) Both good from feet, but Whorton is better - Whorton wins all three positions
132 Shamblin South vs Hissam East (South - 3 / East - 18) This match is close, but Shamblin pulls of the win
138 Flinn South vs Foster East (South -3 / East - 24) Good match, but Foster wins by pin
145 Flinn South vs Burks East (South - 6 / East - 24) Flinn pulls away in the third period
152 Hinzman South vs Thomas East (South - 12 / East - 24) Hinzman's experience is too much
160 Dunbar South vs Kotsko East (South - 12 / East - 27) Kotsko sets the pace, close score, but Kotsko pulls off the upset
170 Lambiotte South vs Kincell East (South - 18 / East - 27) Lambiotte is too much for Kincell once on the mat
182 Delong South vs Forfeit East (South - 24 / East - 27) East can't match Delong at 182
195 Allman South vs Gereau East (South - 30 / East - 27) Allman wins by first period fall
220 Wolfe South vs Forfeit East (South - 36 / East - 27) East shows all forfeits at 220 - Dual victory is sealed
285 Haga South vs Willey East (South - 39 / East - 27) Slowed down match, low scoring, Haga wins the low scoring heavyweight match

East makes it exciting early, but South's complete line-up gives them the team win.

Not even close...East would maybe win 113...maybe

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 am

From the Editor:

Hello MalcolmFlex

Please cool it with the trash talk.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 am

MalcomFlex wrote:
Rikishi wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:
Well when East was asked to come to the WV Duals and/or dual South home or away, it was met with a resounding NO! Given South's schedule it is obvious that they are willing to wrestle anyone. Can other teams/coaches say the same??

Your sayin East is afraid to wrestle South? And South is the only team in the State willing to wrestle anyone? Typical!!!!

I am saying that the coaches of East are not willing to put their kids in a situation in which they are not heavily favored unless they have to...i.e. state tournament. I am simply comparing schedules. South is notorious for having a schedule that does not allow their kids to go undefeated year after year. Which is why South tends to stay near the top year after after in the state. Tell me different and you are a liar. ;)

I will respectfully and political correctly challenge your statement. In my opinion, South stays on top for the following reasons:

1. South has an outstanding culture established. All teams throughout WV that have a "wrestling culture" established, are always the top teams. Look at the larger schools with way over 1,000 students. Many do not have the culture, thus they barely have half a squad.

2. South has great middle schools feeding the South program.

3. Although I have zero intel, there has to be a great pee wee program feeding these middle schools.

4. Back to the culture, South's culture makes kids want to stay involved in the sport, even if they do not make varsity until they are seniors. We have a MAJOR problem this season with state place winners not wrestling.

In conclusion, the hot shot 8th grader at Edison is a hot shot because of all the work he or she has put in and the coaching they have received up to this point. That same 8th grader has not benefited one bit over the schedule that South is wrestling right now this season.

In double conclusion, the starting freshmen on South's team are starting because of all of the reasons listed above. They are just living South's schedule now.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:36 am

Bearhugger wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:
Rikishi wrote:.

I will respectfully and political correctly challenge your statement. In my opinion, South stays on top for the following reasons:

1. South has an outstanding culture established. All teams throughout WV that have a "wrestling culture" established, are always the top teams. Look at the larger schools with way over 1,000 students. Many do not have the culture, thus they barely have half a squad.

3. Although I have zero intel, there has to be a great pee wee program feeding these middle schools.

4. Back to the culture, South's culture makes kids want to stay involved in the sport, even if they do not make varsity until they are seniors. We have a MAJOR problem this season with state place winners not wrestling.

In conclusion, the hot shot 8th grader at Edison is a hot shot because of all the work he or she has put in and the coaching they have received up to this point. That same 8th grader has not benefited one bit over the schedule that South is wrestling right now this season.

In double conclusion, the starting freshmen on South's team are starting because of all of the reasons listed above. They are just living South's schedule now.

Yes, South does have an established culture that does tend to keep them at the top. However, if the team does not wrestle a schedule that is tougher than most then they will eventually fall off or even worse never reach their full potential. I am positive that South has higher standards than most programs. Which is another reason for their success. They do not only wish to compete in the state, they want to compete nationally as well. With the coaching staff and the caliber of kids that they have, I believe that one day they will do that. Not just every so often like in the past, but year after year for an extended period of time. That is their goal. If the kids are not put in a situation to achieve a higher level of greatness then they will never reach it. "Hot shot" 8th graders are taken into account when a schedule is made. If not, then it is a disservice to them as well. It is just extremely unfortunate that one of them got injured before the winter season began. With wrestling in the state being down right now, the only way to reach their full potential is wrestle some of the best teams in the nation. I am not bashing anyone, bc I know that the East kids are very good. However, it is a disservice to them that they are not competing against tougher competition to prepare them to achieve a higher level of greatness as well!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:56 am

MalcomFlex wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:

Yes, South does have an established culture that does tend to keep them at the top. However, if the team does not wrestle a schedule that is tougher than most then they will eventually fall off or even worse never reach their full potential. I am positive that South has higher standards than most programs. Which is another reason for their success. They do not only wish to compete in the state, they want to compete nationally as well. With the coaching staff and the caliber of kids that they have, I believe that one day they will do that. Not just every so often like in the past, but year after year for an extended period of time. That is their goal. If the kids are not put in a situation to achieve a higher level of greatness then they will never reach it. "Hot shot" 8th graders are taken into account when a schedule is made. If not, then it is a disservice to them as well. It is just extremely unfortunate that one of them got injured before the winter season began. With wrestling in the state being down right now, the only way to reach their full potential is wrestle some of the best teams in the nation. I am not bashing anyone, bc I know that the East kids are very good. However, it is a disservice to them that they are not competing against tougher competition to prepare them to achieve a higher level of greatness as well!

Using last season's NHSCA National tournament to continue this discussion, here are the facts:

South took 5 wrestlers. Two of them (2/5 = 40%) achieved All American status.

East Fairmont took 2 wrestlers. One of them (1/2 = 50%) achieved All American status.

South has 1,576 students and is the 5th largest school in WV in terms of population. 1,576 / 2 = 788.

East Fairmont has 746 students.

Last season, East Fairmont had three state champions. South had two.

Using the numbers above, EF is doing pretty good and their schedule did not hurt them any.

If we were to list the top ten reasons why a team is good, the schedule would be somewhere between 6th and 10th. Too many other reasons that are more important.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Sounds like some one should go thru all the schedules and rank them on tuffness and effectiveness. Going to a weak tournament where a strong majority of your wrestlers easily make into the finals or a tournament where the majority of your wrestlers are barely able to get a win are, in my opinion, for what it's worth not an effective schedule

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 pm

admin wrote:From the Editor:

Hello MalcolmFlex

I agree with the admin's sentiment. Someone made the statement that East had a "murderer's row" and someone else tried to poke holes in the statement by saying that East would not sweep those four weights against some teams. Not sure how or when the South vs East Fairmont Rivalry started but the Indy fans feel left out. I was amused when SMcNamare fired the opening shot of trash talk stating that Roberts and Irizarry wouldn't "make it out of the second" against the East wrestlers. The only way one can compare these kids is head to head or look at past WSAZ results. 106 Blake Wharton lost to Irizarry last season and my wood county sources tell me that Windland beats Irizarry. Advantage South. 113 Flint placed 1st/4th/DNP Irizarry placed 2nd/6th/3rd I give the age factor to Flint Advantage East but I do not see it being a blowout.120 Looks like a toss up to me and doesn't look like a match where the south wrestler would have trouble getting out of the 2nd Laya (2nd/1st/5th) vs Roberts (1st/1st/3rd) Tossup. 126 Wharton and Martin have a list of credentials. I give the advantage to the 3x wsaz champ Martin but I think it would be close.

Doesn't look to me like either team has a "murderer's row at these four weights. Great kids but clearly not a guaranteed 24 dual points in every dual.

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:18 pm

ZZCHOOSETOP for wvmat commissioner.
The man is dead on.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Good luck to all of South, East, and every other wrestler competing this season.
Last edited by J.W. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rikishi

Postby Rikishi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 pm

SMacnamare wrote:I follow mostly the lower weight classes so I can't intelligently speak on anything above 138 but I can tell you one thing.......East Fairmont has the best starting 4 in the state. Whorton/Cassucio(106), Flint(113), Laya(120) and Whorton(126) will all be state champions. Too bad either Whorton or Cassucio will not be able to make the trip to Huntington because both are the top 2 in AA/A.

I don't think he said anything about the 106lb not making it out of the second period but I do think he said that East has the top two 106 in a/aa

south supporter

Postby south supporter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:14 pm

J.W. wrote:ZZChooseTop: I will usually stay out of the fictional debates, but since my son was mentioned: Did your sources also tell you that Blake Whorton was winning the match very controlling 8 to 4 with 11 seconds left when he got caught in a peterson. A mistake that he has learned from that would not happen again. Jr. High Match Results mean very little in the big scheme of High School Wrestling, but again, very fun to watch the debate take place.

Good luck to all of South, East, and every other wrestler competing this season.

One time I was wrestling at the Ironman and was tied with the number 2 kid in the nation and then 20 seconds into the first he hit me with a double leg and pinned me at the 45 second mark. I told myself that I learned from that and it would not happen again. Guess what it happened again in the losers bracket when I faced another very tough kid. Making excuses for a loss does not help the cause. This would be an amazing match to watch, but to make excuses after a loss just rubs me the wrong way.

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
MalcomFlex wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Using last season's NHSCA National tournament to continue this discussion, here are the facts:

South took 5 wrestlers. Two of them (2/5 = 40%) achieved All American status.

East Fairmont took 2 wrestlers. One of them (1/2 = 50%) achieved All American status.

South has 1,576 students and is the 5th largest school in WV in terms of population. 1,576 / 2 = 788.

East Fairmont has 746 students.

Last season, East Fairmont had three state champions. South had two.

Using the numbers above, EF is doing pretty good and their schedule did not hurt them any.

If we were to list the top ten reasons why a team is good, the schedule would be somewhere between 6th and 10th. Too many other reasons that are more important.

Your criteria is not at all really helpful whenever you're comparing kids in different weight classes, grade divisions, classes (AAA and AA/A), etc. What I am stating is year after year, South is placed in a position in which they will wrestle tough competition. Competing against the best is the most efficient way to improve. It is easier for teams like St. Ed, Graham, Blair, etc. to do this bc there rooms are filled with some of the best kids in the nation. South has a great group of kids, but they are still not up to par with these schools. So to combat that they wrestle a tough schedule. So I disagree, a schedule is a big factor in this situation.

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
admin wrote:From the Editor:

Hello MalcolmFlex

I agree with the admin's sentiment. Someone made the statement that East had a "murderer's row" and someone else tried to poke holes in the statement by saying that East would not sweep those four weights against some teams. Not sure how or when the South vs East Fairmont Rivalry started but the Indy fans feel left out. I was amused when SMcNamare fired the opening shot of trash talk stating that Roberts and Irizarry wouldn't "make it out of the second" against the East wrestlers. The only way one can compare these kids is head to head or look at past WSAZ results. 106 Blake Wharton lost to Irizarry last season and my wood county sources tell me that Windland beats Irizarry. Advantage South. 113 Flint placed 1st/4th/DNP Irizarry placed 2nd/6th/3rd I give the age factor to Flint Advantage East but I do not see it being a blowout.120 Looks like a toss up to me and doesn't look like a match where the south wrestler would have trouble getting out of the 2nd Laya (2nd/1st/5th) vs Roberts (1st/1st/3rd) Tossup. 126 Wharton and Martin have a list of credentials. I give the advantage to the 3x wsaz champ Martin but I think it would be close.

Doesn't look to me like either team has a "murderer's row at these four weights. Great kids but clearly not a guaranteed 24 dual points in every dual.

This is fantastic!! Thank you for your insight!

MalcomFlex

Postby MalcomFlex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Frank wrote:Sounds like some one should go thru all the schedules and rank them on tuffness and effectiveness. Going to a weak tournament where a strong majority of your wrestlers easily make into the finals or a tournament where the majority of your wrestlers are barely able to get a win are, in my opinion, for what it's worth not an effective schedule

False. In my life, I have learned a lot more from losses than I ever did from winning. You can wrestle poorly against weak competition and still win and you can wrestle really well against great competition and still lose. If I wrestle sloppy against poor competition but the moves still work, would I truly understand that I need to improve my technique? No. If I did moves incorrectly against great competition and lose badly, I will have a better chance of understanding that I need to do things differently in order for that to not happen again. So, I absolutely disagree with you in regards to what you view as an effective wrestling schedule.

RickDunbar

Postby RickDunbar » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:12 pm

East Fairmont has a top notch program that has produced very good wrestlers in recent years as well as over time. I am very familiar with their current wrestlers as I have watched them closely as my son has grown up with them. These wrestlers should be highly respected as outstanding young men and wrestlers who can compete with anyone in this state. (don't necessarily agree with the earlier predictions though).

I felt compelled to chime in on this subject because I do not want East Fairmont or the rest of the state to believe that the outspoken south supporters on this forum necessarily represent the views of the coaching staff, parents and wrestlers of the Parkersburg South Wrestling team. As I have said before, it would be nice if everyone were required to use their name when posting on this site.

It is my opinion that tough wrestlers are predominately made in the practice room with good partners and coaches. Schedules may ultimately determine a wrestler's overall record but always give me the wrestler who is working his butt off in the room 5-6 days a week. It doesn't appear to me that it matters the least bit if the school is AAA or AA/A. It seems to me that over the last few years there are just as many outstanding wrestlers in AA/A than there are in AAA.

Good luck to all.....no matter who or where you choose to wrestle.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Well Said, RickDunbar. And again, Good luck to all the wrestlers.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Rikishi wrote:
SMacnamare wrote:I follow mostly the lower weight classes so I can't intelligently speak on anything above 138 but I can tell you one thing.......East Fairmont has the best starting 4 in the state. Whorton/Cassucio(106), Flint(113), Laya(120) and Whorton(126) will all be state champions. Too bad either Whorton or Cassucio will not be able to make the trip to Huntington because both are the top 2 in AA/A.

I don't think he said anything about the 106lb not making it out of the second period but I do think he said that East has the top two 106 in a/aa

One thing is absolutely apparent. The East contingent can use the edit button.
SMacnamare originally said that Roberts and Irizarry would not make it out of the second period and then edited his post.
JW took issue with my report of WSAZ results and then edited his post to wish everyone good luck.

No personal affiliation with either team. If you believe that you have a "murderer's row" you should be able to rack up 24 dual points in a span of 4 classes against in state competition. You should not be upset when someone points out that there may be competition for your murderers. JW says that one of his sons became the murderer that he is as a result of learning from a previous loss. I think he is probably right, that's how the good ones become great. I think that was also the point of one of the other posters who said that it is the duty of a coach to find competition/losses for wrestlers so that they grow and improve. So maybe you directional people whether you are South or East are all trying to say the same thing just in a different way.
FWIW I think the Humphreys/Haynes one two punch is pretty impressive, I think East has some good lower weights, I would give a compliment to the South team but their fans would think it wasn't good enough or someone else would think that it was too good. The former Point assistant would say that it is all inherited talent anyway.

2sexy

Postby 2sexy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

106: Windland, Marrone, Donahue, Holt, Gray
113: Akerman, Bowen, Irizarry, Welker, Staud
120: Adkins, Roberts, Byrd, Wood, Simpson
126: Martin, Best, Kreamer, Love, Lorea
132: Carman, Shamblin, Moller, Rawlings, Isabell
138: Donahue, Lopez, Burdette, Flinn, Rohrbough
145: Humphreys, Jeffers, Starkey, Flinn, Fox
152: Lanham, Hinzman, Carder, Garcia, Hamlin
160: Nash, Pine, Miliam, Holley, Dunbar
170: Lambiotte, Morgan, Frisco, Simpkins, King
182: DeLong, Valachovic, Morgan, Hutchinson, Fischer
195: Allman, Jarvis, Ashbury, Loew, Lucas
220: Pomeroy, Haynes, Edgell, Wolfe, Porter
285: Holstein, Holley, McCune, Haga, Lear

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:21 pm

MalcomFlex wrote:Well when East was asked to come to the WV Duals and/or dual South home or away, it was met with a resounding NO! Given South's schedule it is obvious that they are willing to wrestle anyone. Can other teams/coaches say the same??

If I was head coach of our team, yes. The Catch22 to this is financing. I brought this up in another thread. Not every team gets the financial support from their AD/principal/district to travel like South and Indy do. Would I like for the teams my son wrestles for to travel and face top competition at every chance they got? Absolutely. But that simply isn't going to happen because of money. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because other teams do not travel and face top teams means the coach is hiding from competition. When coaches have to scrape and beg just to come up with $200 for a bus for one day then it is not exactly easy to come up with funding for a bus for 2 or 3 days plus hotels rooms.

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:41 pm

This post may have been derailed from its original intent of top 5 wrestlers, but believe me, strength of schedule does play an important role. I think the most crucial factor strength of schedule plays is college recruitment. If the schedule isn't tough enough there are out of season options as well. Also, this south-fairmont dual denial is certainly a hoax invented by scientists overseas.
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 pm

MalcomFlex wrote:
Frank wrote:Sounds like some one should go thru all the schedules and rank them on tuffness and effectiveness. Going to a weak tournament where a strong majority of your wrestlers easily make into the finals or a tournament where the majority of your wrestlers are barely able to get a win are, in my opinion, for what it's worth not an effective schedule

False. In my life, I have learned a lot more from losses than I ever did from winning. You can wrestle poorly against weak competition and still win and you can wrestle really well against great competition and still lose. If I wrestle sloppy against poor competition but the moves still work, would I truly understand that I need to improve my technique? No. If I did moves incorrectly against great competition and lose badly, I will have a better chance of understanding that I need to do things differently in order for that to not happen again. So, I absolutely disagree with you in regards to what you view as an effective wrestling schedule.

I was hoping you did, that means I'm on the right track.
Wrap your head around this thought, a wrestler will learn more in a six minute match then he will in a ten second pin. Win or lose

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:35 pm

coach -williams

If I was head coach of our team, yes. The Catch22 to this is financing. I brought this up in another thread. Not every team gets the financial support from their AD/principal/district to travel like South and Indy do. Would I like for the teams my son wrestles for to travel and face top competition at every chance they got? Absolutely. But that simply isn't going to happen because of money. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because other teams do not travel and face top teams means the coach is hiding from competition. When coaches have to scrape and beg just to come up with $200 for a bus for one day then it is not exactly easy to come up with funding for a bus for 2 or 3 days plus hotels rooms.[/quote]

Coach, South is not just handed funds by the school or BOE to attend events. They have a dedicated, hardworking group of boosters, parents and fans who do fundraisers year round to allow the team to travel. It merely takes folks willing to organize these fundraiser and see them through. Any school can do it if they have the right people in place.
Moderator WV Mat

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Coach, South is not just handed funds by the school or BOE to attend events. They have a dedicated, hardworking group of boosters, parents and fans who do fundraisers year round to allow the team to travel. It merely takes folks willing to organize these fundraiser and see them through. Any school can do it if they have the right people in place.

Gator, Welcome to my cabinet.
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm sorry, the Russians helped me put that info together. :roll:
Moderator WV Mat

highleghillary

Postby highleghillary » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:17 pm

weird.....scores show south jv winning a certain match at 126 vs roane county. can anybody see the correlation to this?

highleghillary

Postby highleghillary » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 pm

My apologies, it was 132. Though a significant correlation is still there

Return to “High School Wrestling”