113 120 AA/A ??

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Swipes189

113 120 AA/A ??

Postby Swipes189 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Opinions the top wrestlers in these two weight classes ?

Bearhugger

Re: 113 120 AA/A ??

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:21 pm

I think Stone Cold is going to shake things up at 120 this season.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:44 am

120 has Stone Cold, The Ghost, and 25% of Murderer's Row.

113 will have 16 kids (might be 14) that are glad they are not in AAA with the Animal.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on WVMAT!!!! :lol:

lethargic47

Postby lethargic47 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Pow Plow (120) and Cole Train (113) gonna be tearing things up :D

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:50 pm

lethargic47 wrote:Pow Plow (120) and Cole Train (113) gonna be tearing things up :D

Once I figure out who these two are..................I will keep an eye on them.

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm

I love the nic name action that goes on from time to time on the forum. Its quite humorous at times. But, I will add my two cents if I may......

Cole Laya is an animal that will be difficult to deal with even if faced with an "A" game at 120 unless there is a surprise out there that I don't know about yet.

My 113 selection is a "dark horse" pick that I will keep to myself for the time being. :)

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Refuse-to-lose wrote:I love the nic name action that goes on from time to time on the forum. Its quite humorous at times. But, I will add my two cents if I may......

Cole Laya is an animal that will be difficult to deal with even if faced with an "A" game at 120 unless there is a surprise out there that I don't know about yet.

My 113 selection is a "dark horse" pick that I will keep to myself for the time being. :)

Do they wear a mask? :o
Moderator WV Mat

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Refuse-to-lose wrote:I love the nic name action that goes on from time to time on the forum. Its quite humorous at times. But, I will add my two cents if I may......

Refuse,

You hit the hammer right on the nail with Laya. That boys work ethic is astounding. He has grit and heart an will certainly be tough to try and beat. With that said I was curious an did alittle history research.

Laya hasn't lost a match since his freshman year. That total number of loses his freshman season was 4. Of those four only 2 of them were to in state wrestlers in the same tournament (WSAZ). Those loses came respectively to Josh Humphreys (13-2) and Tanner Harris (6-2). Both of whom post very nice high school careers this far,Humphreys 2x state champion and Harris 2x state Runner-up. The other 2 came from wrestlers from Dayton Christian (1-0) and Peters Township (6-2). That seems very impressive if you ask me.

How many other wrestlers of high caliber have lost so little to instate wrestlers is my question. And this isn't meant to take anything away from anyone by any means at all. There's numerous amount of talent that boast great careers in instate wrestling. I'm just rather curious.

2nd,

113 is defiantly going to be an excited tournament to watch. I predict some surprising upsets with place wise.
But there's still plenty of season left and anything could happen.

Best of luck to every wrestler in the state. Continue to make us all proud!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:

Refuse,

You hit the hammer right on the nail with Laya. That boys work ethic is astounding. He has grit and heart an will certainly be tough to try and beat. With that said I was curious an did alittle history research.

Laya hasn't lost a match since his freshman year. That total number of loses his freshman season was 4. Of those four only 2 of them were to in state wrestlers in the same tournament (WSAZ). Those loses came respectively to Josh Humphreys (13-2) and Tanner Harris (6-2). Both of whom post very nice high school careers this far,Humphreys 2x state champion and Harris 2x state Runner-up. The other 2 came from wrestlers from Dayton Christian (1-0) and Peters Township (6-2). That seems very impressive if you ask me.

How many other wrestlers of high caliber have lost so little to instate wrestlers is my question. And this isn't meant to take anything away from anyone by any means at all. There's numerous amount of talent that boast great careers in instate wrestling. I'm just rather curious.

2nd,

113 is defiantly going to be an excited tournament to watch. I predict some surprising upsets with place wise.
But there's still plenty of season left and anything could happen.

Best of luck to every wrestler in the state. Continue to make us all proud!

One of those Ohio losses happened at the Winner's Choice. For some reason, I recall a crappy deal in that match. He and Harris split at the WSAZ. I think Laya put Harris down into consolation and then Harris beat Laya for third.

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Correct,......

Someone is good at doing their homework. It's a long/short season and anything can happen. But with that said, Cole will be tough to deal with at any time. Stay hungry at all times and refuse to lose !!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”