TOP 6

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jbee

Re: TOP 6

Postby Jbee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 pm

TrueSouthFanInInwood wrote:Sadly, the animal will not be participating at WSAZ this year. Schools in Berkely are not allowed to travel unless it is at least 52 degrees outside and sunny. Slim odds.

You mean there is an opponent that can defeat the "Animal", "Monster", "Real Deal" and the "Badest of the Bad"........The Berkely County Board of Education. No Way!....If I was the BOE I would be so afraid of him I would let him go.
Lifes tough....Wear a Helmet!

Ironeagles

Postby Ironeagles » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:59 am

Well Miller answers again. Bumped up to 120 against wood 11-0. Like I said there is nobody in wv at his weight On his level. So let's just please let it rest he has dominated wv wrestling since he was a baby he just doesn't get the notoriety a Parkersburg kid would

RegalBeagleBluto

Postby RegalBeagleBluto » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Ironeagles wrote:Well Miller answers again. Bumped up to 120 against wood 11-0. Like I said there is nobody in wv at his weight On his level. So let's just please let it rest he has dominated wv wrestling since he was a baby he just doesn't get the notoriety a Parkersburg kid would

Dominated nationelly to. If he was in Parkersburg they wood have given him the Dutton in jr hi. People keep bad mouthing our part of the State but pound for pound there ain't no body better than Miller and Pine. Maybe all them forfeits bearhugger keeps talking about is cause the boys round here no that if they are close to Miller or Pine they might move up or down a weight class and give them a whuppin. I caint blame em.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm

RegalBeagleBluto wrote:
Ironeagles wrote:Well Miller answers again. Bumped up to 120 against wood 11-0. Like I said there is nobody in wv at his weight On his level. So let's just please let it rest he has dominated wv wrestling since he was a baby he just doesn't get the notoriety a Parkersburg kid would

Dominated nationelly to. If he was in Parkersburg they wood have given him the Dutton in jr hi. People keep bad mouthing our part of the State but pound for pound there ain't no body better than Miller and Pine. Maybe all them forfeits bearhugger keeps talking about is cause the boys round here no that if they are close to Miller or Pine they might move up or down a weight class and give them a whuppin. I caint blame em.

I'm not taking anything away from Miller or Pine, but your pound for pound comment may need refined if you compare them to Adams, Hart, Allman or Humphreys.
Moderator WV Mat

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:26 pm

I agree with gator. Those 4 he mentioned are some of the best II've seen since Ive been following wrestling these last 30 years. Its something special to have them all wrestling here at the same time.

RegalBeagleBluto

Postby RegalBeagleBluto » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 pm

the western part of the state don't get to see kids like miller and pine except when they would come over to win jr states in parkersburgh as kids and then travel across the state again to Huntington for the high school states they sent many a parkersburgh studs home with second place back then and they still don't run from no one and will move up and down wait classes to wrestle anybody

how you going to compare miller to the 4 you mentioned
he has not had a chance to win wv high school states but he will soon enough and unlike those 4 he will do it without any in state losses
heart allmen and adams lost to some guys who did not place hi their freshman years Humphries lost to an instate guy to years but I respek him for moving wait classes for the challenge
I wont put anyone down so I will just say that you have your favorites and I have mine
but Miller did better than those 4 before high school so what makes you think he wont continue to beat the same kids that he has always beat

dominated WV as babies and still doing it now there grown

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:41 pm

I've watched Pine finish 5th the past two years. Looking forward to watching Mr. Miller compete.

You are talking 10 state titles with the 4 I mentioned and possibly 4 more this year. Get the state titles and come talk later.
Moderator WV Mat

RegalBeagleBluto

Postby RegalBeagleBluto » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm

I respek what all you say mr gator and all there state titles is impressive but I am just saying that at this point miller cant get a title but he will soon enough and what he done so far is better than what they did because all of them lost to other wv wrestlers by this time theyre freshmen years

I didnt mean to make you mad I think all of them boys are good and am proud of all of them but I think we are doing some good things over here and no body is watching yet but you will soon enough

KennyFPowers

Postby KennyFPowers » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:07 pm

RegalBeagleBluto wrote:but I am just saying that at this point miller cant get a title but he will soon enough and what he done so far is better than what they did because all of them lost to other wv wrestlers by this time theyre freshmen years

They had all lost by this time their freshmen year because they all had wrestled a schedule that included other top ranked teams and not PawPaw. :mrgreen:

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Priceless...

KennyFPowers

Postby KennyFPowers » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Humphreys had lost 2 matches going into regionals his freshmen year with both losses most likely coming to out of state opponents at PowerAde or somewhere like that. Adams was a 40-0 btw. Have either of these two lost to a WV opponent? If not, when was the last time they lost to an in state kid? I'd bet you'd have to go back quite a few years to youth rec league.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:08 pm

KennyFPowers wrote:? If not, when was the last time they lost to an in state kid? I'd bet you'd have to go back quite a few years to youth rec league.

Hayden Stewart East Fairmont beat Adam's twice his freshmen year.

Henson, University beat Humphreys once each of the past 2 years.

Both in state high school.

Both are still amazing wrestlers though.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:38 pm

RegalBeagleBluto wrote:I respek what all you say mr gator and all there state titles is impressive but I am just saying that at this point miller cant get a title but he will soon enough and what he done so far is better than what they did because all of them lost to other wv wrestlers by this time theyre freshmen years

I didnt mean to make you mad I think all of them boys are good and am proud of all of them but I think we are doing some good things over here and no body is watching yet but you will soon enough

:D Did I sound mad? I'm not. It's hard to compare great wrestlers. Just bringing up some facts.

KennyFPowers brings up the fact that these guys mentioned wrestled some pretty tough tournaments...Ironman, Powerade, Beast of the East, etc. if you go through some of those tournaments undefeated, you are the very best in the country. I really do look forward to watching Mr Miller wrestle. I've heard some great things about his ability.

I'm not mad, too old for that. ;)
Moderator WV Mat

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:41 pm

When you speak of Adams loss his freshmen year you have to consider he wrestled 152 and wrestled mostly juniors and seniors. A freshmen wrestling 152 and one wrestling 113 is like comparing apples and oranges. Adams national accomplishments put him on a level all his own.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Agreed his accomplishments are great and far superior to anyone else right now and maybe for the foreseeable future.....but no on the freshmen/ junior or senior comment. That's the sport, based on weight classes grades 9 thru 12. He wrestled his weight class, as does others. Although alot fewer, 106 freshman beat 106 seniors every year.

So I guess the comment should have been did not lose to anyone in state in the same grade..... agreed.

mattman

Postby mattman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 pm

maskedman wrote:Agreed his accomplishments are great and far superior to anyone else right now and maybe for the foreseeable future.....but no on the freshmen/ junior or senior comment. That's the sport, based on weight classes grades 9 thru 12. He wrestled his weight class, as does others. Although alot fewer, 106 freshman beat 106 seniors every year.

So I guess the comment should have been did not lose to anyone in state in the same grade..... agreed.
Time for the facts to step in on this one. I know Miller and he is a tough kid but for someone to come on here and say he is a killer and outclasses all his competition is disrespectful to every 113 in the so called tri state area. Also, to compare a freshman to Adams is insane. Go win Fargo, nhsca, flo and get a couple gold medals in South America and then I'm buying tickets. Kevin's Adams could probably step in and really set the record straight but he seems to find a way to let his sons accomplishments do the talking. Moral of the story is, Miller could very easily win 4, or he could grow 25 lbs and hit Humphreys and I know where my money would be on that one. You guys should show a little more respect! All these kids we are talking about are exactly that, KIDS and they are all trying their best and are our future. Never show disrespect to a kid fellas. That's wrong!

SMacnamare

Postby SMacnamare » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 pm

mattman wrote:
maskedman wrote:Agreed his accomplishments are great and far superior to anyone else right now and maybe for the foreseeable future.....but no on the freshmen/ junior or senior comment. That's the sport, based on weight classes grades 9 thru 12. He wrestled his weight class, as does others. Although alot fewer, 106 freshman beat 106 seniors every year.

Time for the facts to step in on this one. I know Miller and he is a tough kid but for someone to come on here and say he is a killer and outclasses all his competition is disrespectful to every 113 in the so called tri state area. Also, to compare a freshman to Adams is insane. Go win Fargo, nhsca, flo and get a couple gold medals in South America and then I'm buying tickets. Kevin's Adams could probably step in and really set the record straight but he seems to find a way to let his sons accomplishments do the talking. Moral of the story is, Miller could very easily win 4, or he could grow 25 lbs and hit Humphreys and I know where my money would be on that one. You guys should show a little more respect! All these kids we are talking about are exactly that, KIDS and they are all trying their best and are our future. Never show disrespect to a kid fellas. That's wrong!

Great post. I'm sure there are several 113's that would welcome the challenge. Flint from East and Staud from University would be great matchups for the what the eastern panhandle is calling the second coming of Godzilla. And I'd be willing to bet there are a few 106's that would test, if not beat, the so-called Beast. Is Miller good? You bet. But to anoint him as untouchable at 113 is plain foolish.

Rikishi

Postby Rikishi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 pm

KennyFPowers wrote:Humphreys had lost 2 matches going into regionals his freshmen year with both losses most likely coming to out of state opponents at PowerAde or somewhere like that. Adams was a 40-0 btw. Have either of these two lost to a WV opponent? If not, when was the last time they lost to an in state kid? I'd bet you'd have to go back quite a few years to youth rec league.

He lost In state to Henson from University

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Maybe he can bump to 120 and wrestle Laya sometime for a challenge. :)

KennyFPowers

Postby KennyFPowers » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Completely forgot about Henson and Humphreys. Also, Noah was 47-5 as a freshmen going into regionals (40-0 was as a soph). My point was that their schedules were much tougher and their is no comparison.
I'm a WV wrestling fan, I hope this kid is the next Spencer Lee and eventually competes on an international level. I just think it's disrespectful to the other kids to say they "aren't on his level" when he really hasn't done anything to prove himself yet.

SMacnamare

Postby SMacnamare » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:06 pm

guard0544 wrote:

He DEFINITELY doesn't want that match. My friends at East told me Laya pinned Wood in like 45 seconds.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 pm

SMacnamare wrote:
guard0544 wrote:

He DEFINITELY doesn't want that match. My friends at East told me Laya pinned Wood in like 45 seconds.

51 secounds but hey who really keeps track.

Indiansfan

Postby Indiansfan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Is this the Miller kid that lives in the Spring Mill district?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:51 pm

Rikishi wrote:
KennyFPowers wrote:Humphreys had lost 2 matches going into regionals his freshmen year with both losses most likely coming to out of state opponents at PowerAde or somewhere like that. Adams was a 40-0 btw. Have either of these two lost to a WV opponent? If not, when was the last time they lost to an in state kid? I'd bet you'd have to go back quite a few years to youth rec league.

He lost In state to Henson from University

To set the record completely straight, Humphreys moved UP in weight to challenge Henson twice.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:54 pm

I saw Miller wrestle twice today. He is the real deal.

I also saw a few other advanced freshmen today.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

TrueSouthFanInInwood

Postby TrueSouthFanInInwood » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 am

First of all, comparing Pine to Miller is a disservice to Miller. Miller is already floors above him.

Second, I will agree that comparing him to Adams is not fair. Musselman was able to catch the interest of some bigger level tournaments previous years due to guys like Kernan, Spinks, DeRito, etc. Not so much this year, (hopefully next year), so he will just have to settle for rolling through a potentially undefeated season. Given the proper exposure, I'm guessing he's a 10-20th ranked guy in the nation.

Finally, if you want to play the matchup game (which I don't believe in), Laya may have pinned Wood in 51 seconds, but guess what? He only beat Timmy Dieter of Sherando 5-2. Wanna take a few stabs of what Miller does to that kid? It's a lot worse than 5-2. They worked out together a lot of this summer. But, as far as a 106 challenging him, if you do want to play the matchup game, a kid Miller outplaced at the S32 qualifier only lost to Kurt McHenry (yes, world champ McHenry), 5-2.. which suggests to me Miller would do the same, if not better. Any 106's around here going 6, much less giving him a close match? Didn't think so.

mattman

Postby mattman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 am

TrueSouthFanInInwood wrote:First of all, comparing Pine to Miller is a disservice to Miller. Miller is already floors above him.

Second, I will agree that comparing him to Adams is not fair. Musselman was able to catch the interest of some bigger level tournaments previous years due to guys like Kernan, Spinks, DeRito, etc. Not so much this year, (hopefully next year), so he will just have to settle for rolling through a potentially undefeated season. Given the proper exposure, I'm guessing he's a 10-20th ranked guy in the nation.

Finally, if you want to play the matchup game (which I don't believe in), Laya may have pinned Wood in 51 seconds, but guess what? He only beat Timmy Dieter of Sherando 5-2. Wanna take a few stabs of what Miller does to that kid? It's a lot worse than 5-2. They worked out together a lot of this summer. But, as far as a 106 challenging him, if you do want to play the matchup game, a kid Miller outplaced at the S32 qualifier only lost to Kurt McHenry (yes, world champ McHenry), 5-2.. which suggests to me Miller would do the same, if not better. Any 106's around here going 6, much less giving him a close match? Didn't think so.
He is the best small guy in the state no doubt Imo. He has got that gear and skill to keep scoring. No need to throw salt in the wounds though. His results will speak for him. His team doesn't need to say a word because he is gonna show up. Bet on it!

TrueSouthFanInInwood

Postby TrueSouthFanInInwood » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:31 am

No salt meant for wounds at all, just stating facts. And who knows if he really is the best little guy in the state? Another Henson is coming up next year who I understand is just as good as he is, and I'd have to say the Martin-Best kid is pretty awesome as well. This stuff always settles itself.

Ironeagles

Postby Ironeagles » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 am

Just wanted to clarify something about the username regalbeaglebluto posts that is not Anthony Regalbuto. As I do like positive talk about eastern panhandle kids and Miller and pine coming up thru our system. So maybe get a better username that fits your own not someone else's. thanks

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 am

What about Wamsley from Point @ 152? Already beat Harvey of Independence, and tearing it up in Wheeling this week. He has been ranked in WV in previous years but has not placed in the state tournament due to a couple tough draws.He did not wrestle last year, so kind of forgotten at the start of this year. This is his Senior year and looks like he means business!

Return to “High School Wrestling”