EAST FAIRMONT 40 INDEPENDENCE 33

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
noshowjoe

Re: EAST FAIRMONT 40 INDEPENDENCE 33

Postby noshowjoe » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:12 pm

I didnt bring south into this conversation Jchap8750 did and 120 is the only one EF might win.
South could give EF the first 4 weight classes and they still get beat 49-12

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:01 pm

South vs EF is a good dual that should be scheduled next year for sure.

As for this season, EF has Murderer's Row (first 4) vs. South's "Gator's Swamp". South wins this dual easy.

As for 106 through 126, the kids need to settle that on the mat.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

SMacnamare

Postby SMacnamare » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:13 pm

noshowjoe wrote:I didnt bring south into this conversation Jchap8750 did and 120 is the only one EF might win.

You need a mental health evaluation. South wouldn't give East the first four. East would take them and take them easily. All of you South fans need to take your all-mighty attitudes somewhere else. With that said, South probably wins this dual. But don't come on here with your pompous, smug posts and make it sound like you give East anything in the lower weights.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 pm

I guess I am going to have to once again bring peace and harmony back to the wvmat forum. More to come.

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:28 pm

SMacnamare wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:I didnt bring south into this conversation Jchap8750 did and 120 is the only one EF might win.

You need a mental health evaluation. South wouldn't give East the first four. East would take them and take them easily. All of you South fans need to take your all-mighty attitudes somewhere else. With that said, South probably wins this dual. But don't come on here with your pompous, smug posts and make it sound like you give East anything in the lower weights.

>telling someone they need a mental health evaluation and saying EF would "easily" take the first four"
>calling someone pompous and smug
>pick one, friendo
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 pm

SMacnamare i took your advice and i talked to my doctor and he disagreed with me
he said South would not give up a point to EF.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Okay, this thread is going nowhere fast.

East and Indy had a great dual and we shouldn't take away from either program. Coach Warden has built a great program in Coal City and I am friends with coach Geary and many of the assistants at East Fairmont and they have always had a well respected program and great wrestlers.

Winner's Choice will provide us some great match ups and we should not put more pressure on the kids of these schools. They will settle things on the mat. South and Indy will meet later in February and answer some questions there also.

The REAL winners here are us ole, grizzled fans who get watch some of WV's best toe the line.

I won't make any predictions on here because the boys should settle that argument.
Moderator WV Mat

masonbailey

Postby masonbailey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:55 pm

I truly hope some of you aren't from EF that are talking smack. We haven't been a team that does that, and I sure as heck don't want us to start.

If you are from EF:
1. Stop
2. If there are any other questions, don't be afraid to reach out to me. I'll be glad to educate you on how EF does business.

Hopefully we get some EF v PSHS matchups at Winner's Choice. It will make for a great day of wrestling!

Good luck to all involved!

masonbailey

Postby masonbailey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Gator, well said my friend!

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you Mason and your comments are appreciated.

Another class act from East Fairmont's program....Mason Bailey.
Moderator WV Mat

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:13 pm

What was the 1 team point taken for after 126# match?

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:17 pm

masonbailey wrote:I truly hope some of you aren't from EF that are talking smack. We haven't been a team that does that, and I sure as heck don't want us to start.

If you are from EF:
1. Stop
2. If there are any other questions, don't be afraid to reach out to me. I'll be glad to educate you on how EF does business.

Hopefully we get some EF v PSHS matchups at Winner's Choice. It will make for a great day of wrestling!

Good luck to all involved!

Very well said and respectable but I also like to keep things spicy.
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:54 pm

P.H.D. wrote:What was the 1 team point taken for after 126# match?

Quick! You are very quick my friend. Although I have the answer, I shall let someone else provide the answer.

Quick like a Ghost going through walls I might add.

Just a Mat Maid

Postby Just a Mat Maid » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 pm

noshowjoe is pretty much spot on. I would give EF the benefit of the doubt and give them 2 matches for a grand total of 6 points. As for the 126 pound match that everyone is talking about....well it wouldn't be a match at all. Nothing more than a takedown clinic would be seen here. Ef's 126 is a very good wrestler, but Martin is on a completely other level. Not trying to stir up the pot, just giving a reality check of what will happen at Winner's Choice.

aacoach52

Postby aacoach52 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 pm

As I said before, the topic of the thread is East Fairmont and Indy. I'm sure a match with South would be a great one but that's a topic for another thread. I'm not from any of these great programs but it's frustrating to read the post about a great duel between two great teams and have to wade through a page of posts that have nothing to do with the topic.
As for the real topic, it looks to me like East came through with some bonus points that I didn't expect and some upsets in some tough matches. Wish I could have been there.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 am

As it's already been said, aren't we gonna, kinda, sorta get to see things somewhat this weekend? Don't let one anonymous person diminish the kids achievements and presume they represent anyone but themselves. Thus the anonymity.

mattman

Postby mattman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:17 am

KDunbar wrote:As it's already been said, aren't we gonna, kinda, sorta get to see things somewhat this weekend? Don't let one anonymous person diminish the kids achievements and presume they represent anyone but themselves. Thus the anonymity.
Indy shouldn't see East until WSAZ. The results from this tournament will only give us a small sample of what we will see in February. The reason being is the AAA teams will be there and could place between the east and Indy wrestlers also all the AA teams will not be competing in Huntington . I'm still thinking Indy is the favorite to 4peat as your AA champions. I know anything can happen but Indy finds a way to wrestle their best at the big dance. I'm a huge Indy fan and I do the math in my head every other day and I think Indy has a legit shot to leave that weekend with 3-5 champions and place 12-13 kids. How do you beat that? Not saying it can't happen but they still have to be a considerable favorite!

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:14 pm

noshowjoe,

You are one to continue to boast ignorance with some of your posts. Instead of congradulating a wrestler or a team for an accomplishment, you continue to bash certain programs for their success. Did you attend the EF vs Indy match or do you just look at results and assume that South is unbeatable ?? I personally admire PHS and PSHS for their dominance over the years. You on the other hand want to bash or taunt the ones that can hold their merit with both programs. Once again, this post began as EF 40 - Indy 33 !! Comment on the post at hand or do us all a favor and start another post.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 pm

1. Refuse-to-lose im sorry you dont like my predictins.
2. I know im not the smartest person in the world but i dont think im ignorant when it comes to wrestling.
3. I have never bashed any program on here.
4.I didnt bring South into this conversation.
5. I have not watched EF wrestle this year but i will this coming weekend.
6. I have noticed you congradulating EF and there wrestlers witch is a good thing but not too many others.
7.Why is it when South or PHS fans brag on there team they are being obtuse, Ignorant or program bashers.
8. Congratulations to EF on a big win.

Rikishi

Postby Rikishi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Indy will be the favorite. Reg 1 will keep several of the East wrestlers at a low seed and some maybe even out that earned points against Indy. It was so much fun to watch and I would love to see it again but I honesty believe the difference between a good duals team and good bracket team are different. EF and Indy match up in such a way that it gives East a shot to compete. You could say that night EF was just ready and maybe Indy had a little Powerade lag along with a long drive when East had a normal routine. I am A huge EF fan and I wish we had more of these type of events Indy was a class act from the time they walked into the building and they handled themselves with class on and off the mat. The EF boys believe in themselves that they can compete and that's the right word, compete with the elites like Indy and PS I'm not saying win but compete. I for one am just thankful to see that, to not be blown off the mat by teams like this and to be able to get better from wrestling them. It's kind of like pull ups. If you can do three you can workout and get stronger and maybe one day with enough try's and good effort you will get to 4 then 5 .... I am a WV Wrestling fan and the consistency of Indy and PS Parkersburg is something we all long for in our own programs. I wish them all the best and health to go with it.

mattman

Postby mattman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Rikishi wrote:Indy will be the favorite. Reg 1 will keep several of the East wrestlers at a low seed and some maybe even out that earned points against Indy. It was so much fun to watch and I would love to see it again but I honesty believe the difference between a good duals team and good bracket team are different. EF and Indy match up in such a way that it gives East a shot to compete. You could say that night EF was just ready and maybe Indy had a little Powerade lag along with a long drive when East had a normal routine. I am A huge EF fan and I wish we had more of these type of events Indy was a class act from the time they walked into the building and they handled themselves with class on and off the mat. The EF boys believe in themselves that they can compete and that's the right word, compete with the elites like Indy and PS I'm not saying win but compete. I for one am just thankful to see that, to not be blown off the mat by teams like this and to be able to get better from wrestling them. It's kind of like pull ups. If you can do three you can workout and get stronger and maybe one day with enough try's and good effort you will get to 4 then 5 .... I am a WV Wrestling fan and the consistency of Indy and PS Parkersburg is something we all long for in our own programs. I wish them all the best and health to go with it.
good post. So many people take this sport to heart and forget it is the kids that do the work, we just get to watch and enjoy. The thing that makes Indy a great team, and I'm gonna say it for the 20th time, is the parents have bought into the program and believe in the coaching as early as the youth level. I mean you drop your kid off to Practice under the tutelage of Dave Hart for two hours at the age of 3. The parents do not worry of little Johnny is ok because they trust the coaches in the program from the bottom to the top. From the youth level you go to the number 2 middle School In the state with a 2x state champion and Dutton award winner as your head coach. From there you go to coach warden who took his talents to wrestle for Edinboro university. My point is that when all the parents buy into the program and the goals and expectations the coaches have for the wrestlers are so high, it makes a good program great. The assistant coaches do a great job on the development of all wrestlers also. I have personally never been to a south practice but I know they have great youth coaching and at the middle school as well. To be honest, the state is way more competitive now than it has ever been. So many programs are advancing to the next level right now that it's very encouraging to me as a parent/fan.

IndyHart

Postby IndyHart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 am

The funniest thing I thing I heard at the East Fairmont-North Marion-Independence match last week, a conversation between a couple of our older Independence fans:

Old Timer #1: Does Dalton Michael still wrestle for East Fairmont?

Old Timer #2: No ... Thank God.

Return to “High School Wrestling”