Attempted Abduction At Wrestling Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
timamos

Attempted Abduction At Wrestling Tournament

Postby timamos » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:06 pm

I've talked to friends in wrestling about this for years. Youth wrestling tournaments have to appear to be a soft target for pedophiles. Little kids running around everywhere. Kids crying after matches so it is not unusual to see a kid upset and an adult who is presumably a parent carrying him/her away. Parents and coaches are often so distracted by the constant action of the tournament that the kid is not missed until he/she misses the next bout number. The wildcard is that if the pedophile happens to get caught, there are many people present who will likely permanently harm the suspect long before the police get there to arrest him.

Oklahoma narrowly avoided a horrible situation. It is a reminder for all of us to be vigilant and look out for each other's kids.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/terrifying ... 59620.html

aaacoach89

Re: Attempted Abduction At Wrestling Tournament

Postby aaacoach89 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm

This is why it is important for parents and coaches to pay close attention, or as close as possible, to those around their kids who don't belong. You'd also be surprised at the number of law enforcement officers, who coach or are parents, that are close by in a situation like this. I am a cop, and a coach, and pay close attention to my surroundings. I know that at most high school events there is an officer or sheriff's deputy on duty to provide security. It is disgusting that people who want to harm children are on the streets, there is no place in society for people like that.

mattman

Re: Attempted Abduction At Wrestling Tournament

Postby mattman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:38 pm

This is West Virginia fellas. We're a small state but were strong. I would expect a man to be beaten half to death before the cops could save him if this ever occurred. It's a shame and very scary. That poor 8 year old kid will remember that for the rest of his life. Nightmares and possible ptsd. Us, as a wrestling community have to keep a close eye and stick up for one another's children if we even suspect something is out of place! My wife always told me that situation could occur and I'll be darned if she wasn't right. There is zero room on earth for a situation like this. Makes my blood boil.

Return to “High School Wrestling”