Colten Rollyson

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Sinlgelegfather

Colten Rollyson

Postby Sinlgelegfather » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I noticed that returning AAA 5th placer at 182lbs has returned under Hoover. He looked good last year and is currently ranked 7th in AA though he has beaten Austin Cook. He should add some interesting bouts to the weight class

uknowme

Re: Colten Rollyson

Postby uknowme » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Could definitely make things interesting. He was only wrestled a couple duals/tournaments from what hear. Coming off an injury from football season. They also got Chase Stover back as well at 120, who was also out from injury and just returned around Christmas time. He placed last year at States as well.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Sinlgelegfather wrote:I noticed that returning AAA 5th placer at 182lbs has returned under Hoover. He looked good last year and is currently ranked 7th in AA though he has beaten Austin Cook. He should add some interesting bouts to the weight class

Yep. I saw last Spring that he was playing baseball at Hoover. I have been watching for him on Hoover's roster ever since.

AA/A's 182 is an interesting weight class(I believe somebody predicted this before the season's start). I figure after the WSAZs, we will get a better feel of who are the top 2 and who is further down.

Of course their could always be another surprise in February that could shake the weight class up.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Sinlgelegfather wrote:I noticed that returning AAA 5th placer at 182lbs has returned under Hoover. He looked good last year and is currently ranked 7th in AA though he has beaten Austin Cook. He should add some interesting bouts to the weight class

Yep. I saw last Spring that he was playing baseball at Hoover. I have been watching for him on Hoover's roster ever since.

AA/A's 182 is an interesting weight class(I believe somebody predicted this before the season's start). I figure after the WSAZs, we will get a better feel of who are the top 2 and who is further down.

Of course their could always be another surprise in February that could shake the weight class up.

That is if they are wrestle 182 and someone hasn't cut down to 170?? :D

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:11 pm

He and Cook should match up at Braxton this weekend. That should start to tell the tale at 182.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:06 pm

sfc1 wrote:He and Cook should match up at Braxton this weekend. That should start to tell the tale at 182.

The tale of 182 has already begun to be told.

I figure the WSAZ will flush out the top two.

There can only be one.

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Last night at Point Stafford over Cook 11 5.

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Safford. Darn spell check

coach999

Postby coach999 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Sissonville was Planning on attending the WSAZ, but was told tourney was full. Is Z's still full or can Sissonville get in now?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:46 am

This week Rollyson beat Cook/Sissonville and Morris/Berkeley Springs. He should jump from 7th to 4th at the very least.

Regionally speaking, AA/A region 3 has Rollyson and Daniels/Independence as far as ranked (top 10) wrestlers.

Nitro93

Postby Nitro93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Vincent DeVaney from NHS will crush this kid. No doubt. For a kid that comes with very little wrestling background he has more heart than I've seen in a long time. He should've been from the old school time. You don't see it anymore. The kid is a diamond in the rough. You heard it here 1st

Sally

Postby Sally » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:22 pm

I have been wrong before but I am willing to bet you can get into WSAZ's if you talk to someone on the phone. The guys who run WSAZ do a great job and I doubt they would tell teams no. The cost of the arena and officials is not cheap.

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 pm

They called Mr. Archer and Sissonville got in

sfc1

Postby sfc1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:46 pm

I have read and reread this thread. I don't understand where this post about Devaney came from. This thread isabout Rollysen, he is 182. Devaney is 170. II'm confused.

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Nitro93 wrote:Vincent DeVaney from NHS will crush this kid. No doubt. For a kid that comes with very little wrestling background he has more heart than I've seen in a long time. He should've been from the old school time. You don't see it anymore. The kid is a diamond in the rough. You heard it here 1st

If you are so confident, maybe he should bump up to 182 for the Kanawha County Championship and wrestle Rollyson. Otherwise, we will never know because they two are in different weight class. But I hardly think he would "handle" Rollyson as you speak.

NhsMom

Postby NhsMom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Why should a kid bump up because two random people started picking at one another on a forum. And I think only one of them has ever spoken to the kid. Just like the post about Frampton, you all need to remember that these are kids. Not all kids wrestle year round. They have other talents too. If you are anted to know more about them you shoulda come up in the stands and talked to them. I appreciate the support our kids get, and would prefer that their names weren't chucked around like they are weapons to be used against one another

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:08 pm

NhsMom wrote:Why should a kid bump up because two random people started picking at one another on a forum. And I think only one of them has ever spoken to the kid. Just like the post about Frampton, you all need to remember that these are kids. Not all kids wrestle year round. They have other talents too. If you are anted to know more about them you shoulda come up in the stands and talked to them. I appreciate the support our kids get, and would prefer that their names weren't chucked around like they are weapons to be used against one another

The person chucking the names around just joined today. That is a typical pattern. When somebody makes some statements that seem harsh, they usually just joined the site in the past 24-48 hours.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:53 pm

I really doubt any wrestlers care or get upset over what someone on a forum saying another wrestler would beat them...or even crush them. That's essentially what we say every week when the top ten in each weight class is put out. Sometimes other posters get offended by such comments being made. But the wrestlers? Come on...they don't care what Joe Bob on the forum thinks on who would win a match.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:01 pm

guard0544 wrote:I really doubt any wrestlers care or get upset over what someone on a forum saying another wrestler would beat them...or even crush them. That's essentially what we say every week when the top ten in each weight class is put out. Sometimes other posters get offended by such comments being made. But the wrestlers? Come on...they don't care what Joe Bob on the forum thinks on who would win a match.

Very valid point. The polls say "here is who we think is the best and so on down the line". Then there are the kids who are not in the top 10.

Pintowin123

Postby Pintowin123 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:42 pm

The old adage "sticks and stones" may apply. Let's just wrestle it out.

Schoon3400

Postby Schoon3400 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:48 pm

This kid is aggressive and tough. It was well worth the wait Saturday night, watching Rollyson Cook battle for 1st. I think them two woke everyone up. Very exciting match. Rollyson's aggressiveness earned a penalty point from the frustrated Cook costing him a chance for OT. One would think these two were going to fight out there, but then went to Podium and were all smiles and shaking hands. Which is what I like to see! Good competition is what it's all about.

Curious to see if anyone will be able to handle Rollyson's strength and toughness.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Schoon3400 wrote:This kid is aggressive and tough. It was well worth the wait Saturday night, watching Rollyson Cook battle for 1st. I think them two woke everyone up. Very exciting match. Rollyson's aggressiveness earned a penalty point from the frustrated Cook costing him a chance for OT. One would think these two were going to fight out there, but then went to Podium and were all smiles and shaking hands. Which is what I like to see! Good competition is what it's all about.

Curious to see if anyone will be able to handle Rollyson's strength and toughness.

We will see next weekend at the WSAZ. Plenty of good 182s should be there.

Return to “High School Wrestling”