Learning Respect

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach112

Learning Respect

Postby aacoach112 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:25 pm

At the St Mary's invitational. A ceremony was performed for a former student athlete of St Mary's High that lost his life in an automobile accident. The ceremony was St Mary's giving an award to the family of the Student Athlete.
After pictures were taken with the group, Wirt County Wrestling Team came from the crowd and formed a line and shook hands with the family and paid there respects.. Shortly after Doddridge,South,Ravenswood,Buffalo and many more teams done as well.

Teaching respect at its best

forthekids

Re: Learning Respect

Postby forthekids » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Outstanding!

RLKIMBALL2000

Postby RLKIMBALL2000 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am

I am a nephew of the late Anthony Cox who was honored at the St. Marys Alumni Invitational. Our family was flooded with memories and emotions as we listened to Anthony's accomplishments. Anthony beat a wrestler from Wirt County in the championship match to claim the state title. For Wirt County coaches and wrestlers to be the first team to pay their respects shows that their program is a class act. Thank you to the Wirt County Tigers and the other schools in attendance that paid tribute to Anthony. (Doddridge, South, Ravenswood, Buffalo, Huntington, Tyler, Sissonville, Clay Battelle, Forte Fry OH., Liberty Harrison, East Fairon, Wahama and St. Marys.) Thank you to St. Marys coaching staff for the great tribute to Anthony D. Cox 1987 State Champion.

Rage_Bear

Postby Rage_Bear » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:51 pm

I was standing next to the Wirt team when they went up. That program has impressed me to no end since I first started coaching in WV last season. What a great bunch of respectful, hard working young athletes.

Return to “High School Wrestling”