OVAC TOMORROW!!

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
P.H.D.

OVAC TOMORROW!!

Postby P.H.D. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 pm

OVAC Starts tomorrow...This is such a great tournament to just watch as a fan. I've been going for years but now my son is wrestling so the days of picking up the brothers in law, grabbing a few beers and enjoying wrestling has been replaced with weeks of extra practices and trying to keep a 15 yr old in a positive mindset that is miserable from cutting and holding weight. I am so ready for 6:00 pm tomorrow. It sucks that the coordinators of the OVAC and WSAZ don't coordinate with one another so that the north teams can go down to the WSAZ also but they don't. I'm very happy that Parkersburg South commits to this tournament, they solidify the legitimacy of the tournament. I'm not sure how many times they've won consecutively or total but I know it's many. Steubenville Big Red will likely be their stiffest competition but like in the other threads, it's an individual battle as well. On OVAEC.ORG is the brackets...check them out. It's gonna be interesting. Good Luck and God Bless everyone competing and attending and be safe commuting. There was a terrible accident last year involving several school students and a very nice lady (I work w her husband) that injured them severely so be safe and let's wrestle!!!

Bearhugger

Re: OVAC TOMORROW!!

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 pm

P.H.D. wrote:OVAC Starts tomorrow...This is such a great tournament to just watch as a fan. I've been going for years but now my son is wrestling so the days of picking up the brothers in law, grabbing a few beers and enjoying wrestling has been replaced with weeks of extra practices and trying to keep a 15 yr old in a positive mindset that is miserable from cutting and holding weight. I am so ready for 6:00 pm tomorrow. It sucks that the coordinators of the OVAC and WSAZ don't coordinate with one another so that the north teams can go down to the WSAZ also but they don't. I'm very happy that Parkersburg South commits to this tournament, they solidify the legitimacy of the tournament. I'm not sure how many times they've won consecutively or total but I know it's many. Steubenville Big Red will likely be their stiffest competition but like in the other threads, it's an individual battle as well. On OVAEC.ORG is the brackets...check them out. It's gonna be interesting. Good Luck and God Bless everyone competing and attending and be safe commuting. There was a terrible accident last year involving several school students and a very nice lady (I work w her husband) that injured them severely so be safe and let's wrestle!!!

I heard that arena is haunted. It has Ghosts.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:OVAC Starts tomorrow...This is such a great tournament to just watch as a fan. I've been going for years but now my son is wrestling so the days of picking up the brothers in law, grabbing a few beers and enjoying wrestling has been replaced with weeks of extra practices and trying to keep a 15 yr old in a positive mindset that is miserable from cutting and holding weight. I am so ready for 6:00 pm tomorrow. It sucks that the coordinators of the OVAC and WSAZ don't coordinate with one another so that the north teams can go down to the WSAZ also but they don't. I'm very happy that Parkersburg South commits to this tournament, they solidify the legitimacy of the tournament. I'm not sure how many times they've won consecutively or total but I know it's many. Steubenville Big Red will likely be their stiffest competition but like in the other threads, it's an individual battle as well. On OVAEC.ORG is the brackets...check them out. It's gonna be interesting. Good Luck and God Bless everyone competing and attending and be safe commuting. There was a terrible accident last year involving several school students and a very nice lady (I work w her husband) that injured them severely so be safe and let's wrestle!!!

Lol you ever seen a ghost have to cut weight?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 pm

P.H.D. wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Is that similar to changing sheets?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

He passes through the kitchen undetected and food mysteriously disappears.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:17 am

Beaver Local and University should give Steubenville a good fight for 2nd place.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:55 am

P.H.D. wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:

Oh, you mean Frank! ;)
Moderator WV Mat

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:10 am

Does South have their full lineup this weekend?

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 am

Everyone except 220 lbs, per my sources

jsams

Postby jsams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am

Is it being streamed this year?

Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 am

Gator wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Oh, you mean Frank! ;)

Another fat joke from an old man that has heard a few fat jokes.
I d like to let you know China one doesn't limit my trips to the buffet anymore.
Lol

Fogsy

Postby Fogsy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

It's gonna be a tough tournament. Hope everything be doe well and stays safe. No injuries just good wrestling. Let's keep the ball rolling

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

You're right, P.H.D., there's nothing like the OVAC! A comment was made a while back that South should skip the OVAC (our CONFERENCE tournament) and go to the WSAZ because the wrestling is better.

There will be some fantastic match ups at the WSAZ, no doubt, but until someone actually witnesses some of the best the OVAC has to offer (Steubenville's Jashon Hubbard and Shadyside's Greg Quinn immediately come to mind), he/she has no business putting this tournament down.

I am very proud that Parkersburg South is part of a conference so steeped in tradition.

Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend, no matter where you are!

Now it's time for me to log off and head for Wheeling! :)

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Frank wrote:
Gator wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:

Oh, you mean Frank! ;)

I d like to let you know China one doesn't limit my trips to the buffet anymore.
Lol

Pot, kettle, black....right Frank? lol I'm down in the back pretty bad and won't make the trip north to Wheeling. Best wishes to my South Patriots and wishing all wrestlers the best and stay healthy!
Moderator WV Mat

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Any update on OVAC results ?

shaggy71

Postby shaggy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Gator wrote:
Frank wrote:
Gator wrote:

Oh, you mean Frank! ;)

Lol

Pot, kettle, black....right Frank? lol I'm down in the back pretty bad and won't make the trip north to Wheeling. Best wishes to my South Patriots and wishing all wrestlers the best and stay healthy!

Sorry to hear about your back. Probably aggravated your back holding up you gut. I hope you feel up to coming to coal city. Don t want you to miss them patriots kicking but.

Return to “High School Wrestling”