Official Ray Marling is retiring

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

Official Ray Marling is retiring

Postby Gator » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Long time (30+ years) state official Ray Marling is counting down the days until he hangs his whistle up in WV at the state wrestling tournament.

I have had to opportunity to be friends with Ray over the past couple of decades and I will one who will miss his sense of humor and wrestling knowledge and presence. I can say with much confidence that Ray truly cared about the kids. He always put their safety first and foremost. Like the rest of us, Ray was human. He will the first to tell you he made mistakes. But if I had a kid who was on the mat, he is one of just a few I've seen officiate that I'd want calling the match.

If you know Ray, please take the time over the next few weeks to wish him well and thank him for all he has given to the sport.

Ray, if you read this, know that I will miss you so my very much...your wit, your stories, your jokes, the strut and much more. I love you my friend!

See you in Huntington!

God Bless you and enjoy your last ride!

Gator
Moderator WV Mat

forthekids

Re: Official Ray Marling is retiring

Postby forthekids » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 am

Ray,
What can I say! (Okay a lot of things :D ) Who knew when we started this journey 30 plus years ago we would still be doing it. YOU are truly going to be missed on the mats. No one cared (okay maybe me :D ) about getting it right then you. It has been my pleasure and honor to stand by and let you get me into a whole lot of trouble over the years.
More importantly the friendship we have made means more then anything. I am looking forward to hearing you from the 22nd row. Let's finish this weekend strong. I love your brother, and nothing but great memories. You have done more for this sport then most people imagine.

Chris Diserio
CW0441

Return to “High School Wrestling”