Region IV ranked wrestlers

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
vortexfan

Re: Region IV ranked wrestlers

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:48 pm

RWWS wrote:Again this has been going on for years and no one made this much of a deal about it.

RWWS wrote:Again this has been going on for years and no one made this much of a deal about it.

I understand it has been going on for years, but shouldn't something be done make it better.
Other things besides wrestling issues have went on for years that was not right, should we say that's been that way for years or at least try to improve it.
I don't think the regions (mainly region 4 AAA) have ever been this one sided. Let's learn from what can or will happen and improve on it.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:04 pm

I would say that there have been years that regions have been this lopsided. The old region 1 couldn't win 38 of 41 state team tournaments if they weren't. I feel that if the regions would not have been realigned this discussion would not be this deep.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:47 pm

I see what your saying but why not do two regionals and place the top 8 in each region then 16 man State brackets.
I cannot think of why this would not be a better way of getting the best wrestlers at the states consistently over the years.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

There is a first time for everything. The time is NOW. Many of us are making a big deal about it NOW. Whereas you know the history, YOU should have helped make the change years ago. The incredible region 1 you speak of now has top wrestlers avoiding each other.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:03 pm

I should have made the change. My apologies to Beathugger.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Who is avoiding each other? Are you referring to to Bozek/Carman for the 5th time? I can't tell you why they didn't wrestle but I can tell you they probably don't care what you think about them not wrestling.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:53 pm

RWWS wrote:Who is avoiding each other? Are you referring to to Bozek/Carman for the 5th time? I can't tell you why they didn't wrestle but I can tell you they probably don't care what you think about them not wrestling.

Amen.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:48 pm

vortexfan wrote:They should have wrestled. Why not hold off until regionals for all wrestlers. This is why the pill is used at States

If you are referring to Bozek and Carman, they are in different divisions. Not to mention Bozek is a senior and Carman is a sophomore. They will never wrestle another high school match against each other. Move on.

Return to “High School Wrestling”