Oak Glen vs. John Marshall

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Oak Glen vs. John Marshall

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 am

In looking at the scores of OG vs. JM, I noticed that Bozek and Carmen didn't wrestle. I would have figured with the regionals and states coming up, a final match between these two would have happened.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

P.H.D.

Re: Oak Glen vs. John Marshall

Postby P.H.D. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Bearhugger wrote:In looking at the scores of OG vs. JM, I noticed that Bozek and Carmen didn't wrestle. I would have figured with the regionals and states coming up, a final match between these two would have happened.

They split them up for some reason. I wanted to see the tie breaker, I think a lot of others did too. This would have likely been their last meeting as they're AA and AAA. I was disappointed to see a forfeit in place of likely the match of the day.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 pm

P.H.D. wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:In looking at the scores of OG vs. JM, I noticed that Bozek and Carmen didn't wrestle. I would have figured with the regionals and states coming up, a final match between these two would have happened.

They split them up for some reason. I wanted to see the tie breaker, I think a lot of others did too. This would have likely been their last meeting as they're AA and AAA. I was disappointed to see a forfeit in place of likely the match of the day.

I went back and looked at the scores again. Based on the team score difference, I cannot see any "team" strategy to win a meaningless dual. Even worse, both Bozek and Carmen won their matches via pin in under 50 seconds each. I do not understand this one.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Yes a fifth match would have been interesting but at this point in the season meaningless. Not to mention why risk any injury to either Wrestler. A mutual respect for each other has been earned and each being who they are would have given everything they had against the other. A great rivalry that will end 2-2. Let them each have their moment.

Also, why in the world would anyone want to wrestle the same person 5 different times.
The individual match results were as follows:
Superior Photo Tournament carman over Bozek in SV 4-2
One week later at Gregs Market Inv Bozek over Carman 8-7
Then OVAC Tournament Bozek over Carman 4-3 in the closing seconds of the third period. Then a week later Carman over Bozek 1-0 and now one week from that you want them to wrestle again? Come on guys.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:40 pm

mike.carman wrote:Yes a fifth match would have been interesting but at this point in the season meaningless. Not to mention why risk any injury to either Wrestler. A mutual respect for each other has been earned and each being who they are would have given everything they had against the other. A great rivalry that will end 2-2. Let them each have their moment.

Also, why in the world would anyone want to wrestle the same person 5 different times.
The individual match results were as follows:
Superior Photo Tournament carman over Bozek in SV 4-2
One week later at Gregs Market Inv Bozek over Carman 8-7
Then OVAC Tournament Bozek over Carman 4-3 in the closing seconds of the third period. Then a week later Carman over Bozek 1-0 and now one week from that you want them to wrestle again? Come on guys.

2-2 rivalry. I guess the cream was stopped from rising to the top. We will never know who the cream was.

On another note, both of these schools need to look at their schedules. Wrestling the same people so much that the top matches are avoided defeats the purpose of scheduling. In addition, both of these great wrestlers will face much of their top state competition for the first time at the state tournament.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Your point regarding injury would make sense if neither wrestled in the match...But since both wrestled, it doesnt.

Unless you are thinking that wrestling certain kids predisposes one to greater injury than wrestling other kids???... but that doesnt make any sense either.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:51 pm

I thought iron sharpened iron?????

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Bearhugger wrote:I thought iron sharpened iron?????

Can't let this one go can you Bear. Careful not to sharpen the iron to a nub.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:09 pm

mike.carman wrote:

When the iron gets sharpened with iron and gets too hot.................submerge the iron into cream to cool it off.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
mike.carman wrote:

When the iron gets sharpened with iron and gets too hot.................submerge the iron into cream to cool it off.

You referenced better competition at the state tournament. Honestly, that is what we are looking forward to. There were already three ranked wrestlers go down this weekend with season ending injuries and that was at a conference tournament. Had point pleasant not bailed on this weekend, OG and JM would not have even wrestled each other. Neither team or Wrestler had anything to gain or lose from this match up and quite if you wanted to see a great matchup, I would have liked to see Cook from Madonna and Carman go at it. One they are good friends off the mat and fierce competitors on the mat. That would have been more fun to watch and it didn't happen either.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:48 pm

mike.carman wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
mike.carman wrote:

You referenced better competition at the state tournament. Honestly, that is what we are looking forward to. There were already three ranked wrestlers go down this weekend with season ending injuries and that was at a conference tournament. Had point pleasant not bailed on this weekend, OG and JM would not have even wrestled each other. Neither team or Wrestler had anything to gain or lose from this match up and quite if you wanted to see a great matchup, I would have liked to see Cook from Madonna and Carman go at it. One they are good friends off the mat and fierce competitors on the mat. That would have been more fun to watch and it didn't happen either.

Injury can be a concern every time a wrestler walks onto a mat, in practice, off season, December 1st or February 4th.

I witnessed 2 of the 3 injuries this weekend. The wrestlers were competing. They planted arms to avoiding being thrown, thus avoiding giving up points. Their competitive spirits resulted in injury.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Just wrestle boys!

Why have a schedule and a season if your not going to compete? Just sit out until the regionals, two fine talented wrestlers, nothing intended to discredit these two but they should have wrestled.

That's why we have the pill cause of this kind of thinking.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:07 pm

vortexfan wrote:Just wrestle boys!

Why have a schedule and a season if your not going to compete? Just sit out until the regionals, two fine talented wrestlers, nothing intended to discredit these two but they should have wrestled.

That's why we have the pill cause of this kind of thinking.

There is prestige in being varsity. Upon making this prestigious position, iron is needed to sharper other iron. The pill scatters the milk so the cream can rise to the top. My friend TrueSouthFanInTheNorthernPanhandle told me this.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:20 pm

I hear ya bearhugger but there will be some fine cream left back at Region 4 AAA

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 am

Yes, iron does sharpen iron but " scissors cuts paper and paper covers rock"...

Ol'Dad

Postby Ol'Dad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 am

It looks like a few OG wrestlers were in different weight classes.

Return to “High School Wrestling”