AAA Region 3 Brackets and Seeding

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
greencrush

Re: AAA Region 3 Brackets and Seeding

Postby greencrush » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 pm

guard0544 wrote:
greencrush wrote:Nobody cares about your rankings.

Or your comments? Oh... :)

Except you, you cared. :lol:
sentenceseller

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:17 pm

forthekids wrote:HERE IS A SHOCKER, " LIFE ISN'T FAIR." Quit bitching and whining to get the so called system fair, that is not how life works. Get over yourselves and let the KIDS wrestle everything is going to be ALRIGHT! You read these comments and it falls right into give everybody a trophy mentality.

Your stage name sure doesn't fit your remark, No life isn't fair nor is this state wrestling system. Not everyone should get a trophy, but you should look at what can be done to improve the fairness of the sport for the student athlete not just this year but for years down the road. I will continue to say there should be two regions and the top 8 placers in each region make it to the states. Not that everyone gets a trophy but this allows the best chance for the ones that deserve the trophy based on talent to get to the big dance. Cannot see why this would not work!

aaacoach89

Postby aaacoach89 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:51 pm

vortexfan wrote:
forthekids wrote:HERE IS A SHOCKER, " LIFE ISN'T FAIR." Quit bitching and whining to get the so called system fair, that is not how life works. Get over yourselves and let the KIDS wrestle everything is going to be ALRIGHT! You read these comments and it falls right into give everybody a trophy mentality.

Your stage name sure doesn't fit your remark, No life isn't fair nor is this state wrestling system. Not everyone should get a trophy, but you should look at what can be done to improve the fairness of the sport for the student athlete not just this year but for years down the road. I will continue to say there should be two regions and the top 8 placers in each region make it to the states. Not that everyone gets a trophy but this allows the best chance for the ones that deserve the trophy based on talent to get to the big dance. Cannot see why this would not work!

I think you are both right. I agree that there should be two regions, based on geography.....North and South. That eliminates any questions of how some group came up with the regional alignment as it is.... Whatever the determination or criteria it was not geography. Wayne, Kanawha, Cabell, and Putnam County are a lot closer to each other than they are to Wood County. I agree with trying to make it as fair as possible for the BEST 16 wrestlers in each weight class to end up at the State Tournament. I also agree that life isn't fair; and the fact that one of the kids didn't get a shot at the state tournament is not going to determine the outcome of their life long term. The lessons that the sport teaches with discipline, respect, toughness, determination, dedication, etc...... will serve them better in the long run, and that is what the sport is all about.

Return to “High School Wrestling”