Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:17 am

Congratulations to Savana Ross/Princeton (AAA) and Jessica Holyfield/Robert C Byrd (AA/A) in qualifying for the 2017 WV State Tournament.

We got two more cracks on the glass mat.

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Frank

Re: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Postby Frank » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 am

Before any one attacks hugger on wording. It's a pun on the glass ceiling saying.

Pwzmom

Postby Pwzmom » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:33 am

Way to go girls! There will be more to come in the near future!!

aaacoach95

Postby aaacoach95 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Frank wrote:Before any one attacks hugger on wording. It's a pun on the glass ceiling saying.

I hadn't even considered the wording any other way. I was just surprised he wasn't chastising them for making the state tournament without winning records.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:31 pm

aaacoach95 wrote:
Frank wrote:Before any one attacks hugger on wording. It's a pun on the glass ceiling saying.

I hadn't even considered the wording any other way. I was just surprised he wasn't chastising them for making the state tournament without winning records.
I too am surprised. I suppose the whole (there are better wrestlers at home than these girls argument) is a fight that some are not willing to fight.

but, I for one like the underdog story. and, I say congrats to the young ladies who earned their way.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 pm

aaacoach95 wrote:

How one chooses to interpret something is also a sign of their own attitude. I am sure nobody remembers, but I recognized Hampshire's Sierra Powell last season for qualifying for the state tournament. I also asked at the beginning of the season where Sierra was. Both Powell and Holyfield entered their regions, won matches and qualified.

As for the mention of records of qualifiers, you brought that one up.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:42 pm

mscoach64 wrote:
aaacoach95 wrote:

I too am surprised. I suppose the whole (there are better wrestlers at home than these girls argument) is a fight that some are not willing to fight.

but, I for one like the underdog story. and, I say congrats to the young ladies who earned their way.

You just tipped your hand.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Pwzmom wrote:Way to go girls! There will be more to come in the near future!!

Good luck this coming week mom. Your attitude is better than some coaches. Maybe you should get deeper involved? :)

aacoach106

Postby aacoach106 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 pm

There was another girl in region 2 named Charles from Doddridge that was very close to qualifying as well. It would have been neat to have seen two females in the same region qualify for states.

Return to “High School Wrestling”