Single A schools speak up

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
baxter841

Single A schools speak up

Postby baxter841 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 pm

This is information we have discussed on this forumn all year, but....several good Single A (and AA) wrestlers will be at home next weekend. I know the same holds true with AAA (espcially region 4) but come on, at least it was just AAA athletes competing.

Some "A" kids that placed high and even won their weight in the WV "A" Challenge didn't even qualify. Does anyone else feel that Single A deserves their own classification in wrestling like all of the other sports?

Also, how can you delcare the "A" Team champion when so many "A" wrestlers didn't even qualify?
The list of Schools wih only 1 qualifier posted earlier was surprising, and some didn't have any.

If its going to stay A/AA then reclassify like before so that each class is evenly distributed ( not 29 AAAs and a million A & AAs) ..... but I say let's divide them up into 3 classes, give it a chance!!

Don't think we can wait for 3 more years until the 4 year reclassification window is up!

Bearhugger

Re: Single A schools speak up

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:50 pm

baxter841 wrote:This is information we have discussed on this forumn all year, but....several good Single A (and AA) wrestlers will be at home next weekend. I know the same holds true with AAA (espcially region 4) but come on, at least it was just AAA athletes competing.

Some "A" kids that placed high and even won their weight in the WV "A" Challenge didn't even qualify. Does anyone else feel that Single A deserves their own classification in wrestling like all of the other sports?

Also, how can you delcare the "A" Team champion when so many "A" wrestlers didn't even qualify?
The list of Schools wih only 1 qualifier posted earlier was surprising, and some didn't have any.

If its going to stay A/AA then reclassify like before so that each class is evenly distributed ( not 29 AAAs and a million A & AAs) ..... but I say let's divide them up into 3 classes, give it a chance!!

Don't think we can wait for 3 more years until the 4 year reclassification window is up!

If many of the single A wrestlers that you speak of were competing in AA/A's region 1, then the number one problem is the region. There are too many historically high powered schools jammed into one region. Just like AAA region 4. The simplest fix is to pull out the three Marion County schools (North Marion, East Fairmont and Fairmont Senior) and put them into region 2. Throw three other schools into region 1. This spreads out the strength and helps two regions. Geographically it still makes sense too.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:53 pm

baxter841 wrote:This is information we have discussed on this forumn all year, but....several good Single A (and AA) wrestlers will be at home next weekend. I know the same holds true with AAA (espcially region 4) but come on, at least it was just AAA athletes competing.

Very good point! Lot of good single A left out. I think it comes down to this region alignment too with Region 1 in AA-A

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:01 pm

I do agree with that there are big regional allignment problems, ...it is an issue that schools have faced in every sport every year. ( the regions are generally the same for all sports)

and yes I am referring to region I A/AA

But I still believe in dividing into 3 classes

keepitinthecircle

Postby keepitinthecircle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Along with putting the regions back the way they were what about also moving some of the bigger AA schools up? Seems as having 3 classes is outnumbered so find the dividing line to have half of wv schools in AAA/AA and the other half in AA/A? Just a thought to put out there. Probably done been mentioned in another topic somewhere.

Return to “High School Wrestling”