Two Kinds of Dairy Cows - AAA & AA/A

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Two Kinds of Dairy Cows - AAA & AA/A

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 pm

While I was reviewing all of the cream that has risen to the top in all regions, I noticed an interesting difference in the dairy farms.

Each division has 4 regions X 14 weight classes X 4 qualifiers per weight class. 4 X 14 X 4 = 224 total qualifiers.

In AA/A, there are 4 qualifiers with losing records. There are 3 qualifiers with even records (wins = losses). 224 - 4 -3 = 217 qualifiers with winning records. 217 / 224 =96.88% winning records.

In AAA, there are 34 qualifiers with losing records. There are 2 qualifiers with even records. 224 - 34 - 2 = 188 qualifiers with winning records.
188 / 224 = 83.93% winning records.

*****In AAA, there is one regional champion with a losing record.

Opinions vary. However, I attribute the differences above to the size of the churns that the cream has to pass through to get to the top.

In AA/A, all regions have 17 teams (one has 16), while in AAA, each region only has 7 teams (one has 8).

In addition, there were no free ride weight classes in AA/A. All qualifiers had to wrestle and win in order to qualify.

In AAA, there were 9 weight classes where there were only 4 wrestlers, thus all qualified.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach106

Re: Two Kinds of Dairy Cows - AAA & AA/A

Postby aacoach106 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:17 pm

As far as one 106 goes, we did not count forfeits on her record otherwise she has 8 or so more wins. Just throwing that out there

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 pm

aacoach106 wrote:As far as one 106 goes, we did not count forfeits on her record otherwise she has 8 or so more wins. Just throwing that out there

Most coaches count forfeits while some do not. Whichever method one chooses, they have to take the good with the bad.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Bearhugger wrote:While I was reviewing all of the cream that has risen to the top in all regions, I noticed an interesting difference in the dairy farms.

Each division has 4 regions X 14 weight classes X 4 qualifiers per weight class. 4 X 14 X 4 = 224 total qualifiers.

In AA/A, there are 4 qualifiers with losing records. There are 3 qualifiers with even records (wins = losses). 224 - 4 -3 = 217 qualifiers with winning records. 217 / 224 =96.88% winning records.

In AAA, there are 34 qualifiers with losing records. There are 2 qualifiers with even records. 224 - 34 - 2 = 188 qualifiers with winning records.
188 / 224 = 83.93% winning records.

*****In AAA, there is one regional champion with a losing record.

Opinions vary. However, I attribute the differences above to the size of the churns that the cream has to pass through to get to the top.

In AA/A, all regions have 17 teams (one has 16), while in AAA, each region only has 7 teams (one has 8).

In addition, there were no free ride weight classes in AA/A. All qualifiers had to wrestle and win in order to qualify.

In AAA, there were 9 weight classes where there were only 4 wrestlers, thus all qualified.

Interesting data; I hope there can be a way to improve the system! I really believe there is a Large Majority of the WV wrestling fans, coaches and participants that welcomes a change soon! Like before next season!

aacoach106

Postby aacoach106 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
aacoach106 wrote:As far as one 106 goes, we did not count forfeits on her record otherwise she has 8 or so more wins. Just throwing that out there

Most coaches count forfeits while some do not. Whichever method one chooses, they have to take the good with the bad.

it's just preference I guess. Thank you for the words of encouragement on another thread for our girl. Hope to met the man behind the bearhugger legend in a few days.

aaacoach11

Postby aaacoach11 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Bearhugger

Your data will prove parity in the championship rd of 16 and quarterfinal rd. AAA may be done a full 30 minutes or so ahead of AA/A. There will be many AAA wrestlers having a good view of the civic center lights during those rounds.

Return to “High School Wrestling”