STATE TOURNEY QUESTION

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
vortexfan

STATE TOURNEY QUESTION

Postby vortexfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 am

Curious of the rules if by chance a kid does not pass skin check or make weight can the 5th place finisher or highest ranking wrestler not qualifying get the chance to wrestle as alternate or is this treated as forfeit?

FiremanFan123

Re: STATE TOURNEY QUESTION

Postby FiremanFan123 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 am

I believe the rule is the wrestler is dq'd no replacement. But, if a wrestler gets injured before states and notifies someone in charge of the tournament the 5th place from the region will replace him

aacoach119

Postby aacoach119 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:58 am

If a coach no's a wrestler has a skin condition and will not pass the skin check then he should report it and allow the 5th seed to wrestle instead of dqing the said wrestle with a skin condition.

aaacoach11

Postby aaacoach11 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:00 am

I think that all coaches should bring their 5th place finishers. Last year at AA/A 285 a wrestler did not pass skin check and the 5th place finisher was in attendance. He was put into the bracket, weighed in, and wrestled that evening. I believe the coach knew that there was a potential of him not being able to wrestle and contacted the 5th place guys coach just in case. Great job by that coach. Much respect. Now missing weight I would think would have to be a forfeit. Not sure how you could properly do that.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:00 pm

aaacoach11 wrote:I think that all coaches should bring their 5th place finishers. Last year at AA/A 285 a wrestler did not pass skin check and the 5th place finisher was in attendance. He was put into the bracket, weighed in, and wrestled that evening. I believe the coach knew that there was a potential of him not being able to wrestle and contacted the 5th place guys coach just in case. Great job by that coach. Much respect. Now missing weight I would think would have to be a forfeit. Not sure how you could properly do that.

Interesting
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”