4 Time State Champion Justin Allman

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

4 Time State Champion Justin Allman

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Justin Allman-What an incredible career you had at Parkersburg South , winning 4 state titles and doing it in the upper weights (182-195) all 4 years.

I can say this now that the season is over, but Justin had a total rebuild on his knee in May this past year and wrestled the latter part of the season with a torn Meniscus in the other knee. The kid wrestled on heart and guts and never complained. I've talked with Justin on many occasions and I never once heard him talk badly about an opponent or see him display any unsportsmanlike behavior on the mat. He just took to the mat and went to work.

Congratulations on finishing your career at Parkersburg South, pinning your way through the state tournament. You will be missed.
Moderator WV Mat

mscoach4

Re: 4 Time State Champion Justin Allman

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Is there a listing of 4 timers anywhere? I looked for a link but did not find it, did Hart from Indy accomplish this feat also? Kudos to Justin, every year people doubted this young man but each year he just came out and did it. How many are possibles to add to this list in the coming years?

Editor' note: Front page, "Outstanding Contributors"

RE upcoming candidates, check "Top Wrestlers"

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:36 pm

To add, Justin lost 3-2 in the semifinals at the NHSCA Nationals last year. Both he and his opponent looked like they were in car wrecks after that match. It was later on that tournament where it is understood he hurt his knee.

Great job and good luck.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

OscarTheBoxer

Postby OscarTheBoxer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 pm

This is a great accomplishment. I was a little disappointed in us as fans for not showing him and Jacob how impressive this really is. Maybe I am just living in the past but I remember Doug Moore and RC Anderson in the 90s getting a standing ovation from the entire arena. As a young person, at that time, it made me want to be like them. Those who have tried know how hard it really is to reach the top. But to do it 4 times is hard for me to imagine.

Regardless, congratulations to you Justin on an amazing accomplishment.

south 77

Postby south 77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:55 am

Awesome job . Its was fun watching you

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Congrats Justin. You had a great high school career!! GK

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Congrats Justin......Outstanding accomplishment !!!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Hopefully kdunbar doesn't get mad when I say this but congratulations Justin.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:41 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:Hopefully kdunbar doesn't get mad when I say this but congratulations Justin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 pm

OscarTheBoxer wrote:This is a great accomplishment. I was a little disappointed in us as fans for not showing him and Jacob how impressive this really is. Maybe I am just living in the past but I remember Doug Moore and RC Anderson in the 90s getting a standing ovation from the entire arena. As a young person, at that time, it made me want to be like them. Those who have tried know how hard it really is to reach the top. But to do it 4 times is hard for me to imagine.

Regardless, congratulations to you Justin on an amazing accomplishment.

You are correct on that Oscar. I thought, since we had 2(you could throw Noah Adams in there too) 4 time state champions that were so close in weight classes, they could have announced the placers in those weights and had Justin, Jacob and Noah come out together in unity for a standing O. I think it would have been a shining(and deserving) moment for three outstanding wrestlers.
Moderator WV Mat

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:18 am

WAY TO GO JUSTINE. I was at Planet Fitness from April 1st to November 10th training 3 of the South wrestlers. Justine was there almost every time we were there. In his own words, he was a gym rat and his hard work in there along with his dedication sure did pay off. So far they only one to pin his way through the state tourney. He should be in the running for MOW :!:

south 77

Postby south 77 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 am

we have a winner for coach of the year

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:WAY TO GO JUSTINE. I was at Planet Fitness from April 1st to November 10th training 3 of the South wrestlers. Justine was there almost every time we were there. In his own words, he was a gym rat and his hard work in there along with his dedication sure did pay off. So far they only one to pin his way through the state tourney. He should be in the running for MOW :!:

There you go again...it's Justin. You complain about me but you can't even call someone by their real name. HAHAHAHA training? Right I doubt that much. Please don't come on here and try and toot your own horn and suggest you had anything to do with the success of certain wrestlers....get real bub :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats JUSTIN! Much deserved!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:WAY TO GO JUSTINE. I was at Planet Fitness from April 1st to November 10th training 3 of the South wrestlers. Justine was there almost every time we were there. In his own words, he was a gym rat and his hard work in there along with his dedication sure did pay off. So far they only one to pin his way through the state tourney. He should be in the running for MOW :!:

That is good to hear! I hope other underclass men wrestlers see this and work hard for next season! How does Souths lineup look next year?

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:29 pm

vortexfan wrote:

That is good to hear! I hope other underclass men wrestlers see this and work hard for next season! How does Souths lineup look next year?

Great! It looks great!

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Have any Division 1 programs contacted you about your services? Imagine the impact you could make on a collegiate level using gyms with free weights! Where does one gain this valuable strength training knowledge? I'm assuming you have a degree in kinesiology.
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 pm

SingleLegTrump wrote:

Have any Division 1 programs contacted you about your services? Imagine the impact you could make on a collegiate level using gyms with free weights! Where does one gain this valuable strength training knowledge? I'm assuming you have a degree in kinesiology.

I'm also curious about this. I know that it will probably take at least a week or so to compile the list of all the knowledge and credentials that has been achieved but maybe it can be put into overdrive and it can be finished in time for the COY Award to be presented.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 am

Next year we get Braxton Amos back. He told me he is wrestling at 220. Also Junior State and County champs Gavin Quiocho and Devin Easton. Quiocho told me he weighs 145 now. He will probably be at 152 or 160 next year. If Easton could make 106, he would have a good chance of placing. Dalton Fullerton wrestled at 220 this year and I don't think he ever weighed over 190. With Amos going 220, I think a full 195 pound Fullerton will place somewhere in the top four. Drew Dunbar told me he's tired of dieting and plans on going 182 next year. Zane Hinzman told me he will probably go 160 or 170. With two champs, two runner-ups, two 4th place finishers and one 5th placer back we should make it four state championships in a row. :D

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 am

Next year we get Braxton Amos back. He told me he is wrestling at 220. Also Junior State and County champs Gavin Quiocho and Devin Easton. Quiocho told me he weighs 145 now. He will probably be at 152 or 160 next year. If Easton could make 106, he would have a good chance of placing. Dalton Fullerton wrestled at 220 this year and I don't think he ever weighed over 190. With Amos going 220, I think a full 195 pound Fullerton will place somewhere in the top four. Drew Dunbar told me he's tired of dieting and plans on going 182 next year. Zane Hinzman told me he will probably go 160 or 170. With two champs, two runner-ups, two 4th place finishers and one 5th placer back we should make it four state championships in a row. :D

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 am

Sounds like planet finesse will be packed. Judgment free zone. Do your prodigies ever set off the lunk alarm?

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Next year we get Braxton Amos back. He told me he is wrestling at 220. Also Junior State and County champs Gavin Quiocho and Devin Easton. Quiocho told me he weighs 145 now. He will probably be at 152 or 160 next year. If Easton could make 106, he would have a good chance of placing. Dalton Fullerton wrestled at 220 this year and I don't think he ever weighed over 190. With Amos going 220, I think a full 195 pound Fullerton will place somewhere in the top four. Drew Dunbar told me he's tired of dieting and plans on going 182 next year. Zane Hinzman told me he will probably go 160 or 170. With two champs, two runner-ups, two 4th place finishers and one 5th placer back we should make it four state championships in a row. :D

Sounds like you have South's lineup set for next year. Maybe we should add you as an 11th coach. ;)
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”