Murderer's Row

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
ZZChooseTop

Murderer's Row

Postby ZZChooseTop » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:47 pm

East Fairmont's Murderer's Row had a great tournament and congratulations are in order
106 = 3rd
113 = 3rd
120 = 2nd
126 = 2nd

Indy did not have a nickname but I really like these numbers too
132 = 1
138 = 3
145 = 1
152 = 1
160 = 2
170 = 3
182 = 1

Bearhugger

Re: Murderer's Row

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:East Fairmont's Murderer's Row had a great tournament and congratulations are in order
106 = 3rd
113 = 3rd
120 = 2nd
126 = 2nd

Indy did not have a nickname but I really like these numbers too
132 = 1
138 = 3
145 = 1
152 = 1
160 = 2
170 = 3
182 = 1

Indy's "row" was longer than that.

113 = 1
120 = 5
126 = 3
132 = 1
138 = 3
145 = 1
152 = 1
160 = 2
170 = 3
182 = 1
195 = 6
220 = 1
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:13 pm

I guess this spot is good as any to apologize to geoswaff and anyone else I might have offended with my "cakewalk" rant. Indy as well as several other region 3 teams brought some heat. I stand corrected and great Job!!!

masonbailey

Postby masonbailey » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Remember these are kids. They didn't give themselves the title "murderer's row". Some of the people on here and the newspaper did.

Congrats to Indy on their run! It's a pretty amazing feat!

Good luck to everyone in the "off"season!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am

I'm not sure how this post was even allowed to be started. You might whisper this to a friend, but to publicly make a statement this mean and offensive is another matter. Whoever wrote it should put in the time, effort, and not to mention heart, then experience the feeling of disappointment these wrestlers did. The places they finished in is actually something to be proud of, only one (or maybe two) other wrestler in the state did better and those wrestlers must have been very, very good to finish ahead of these four wrestlers. If you watched the matches you know that to be true. If you are truly proud of the Independence teams success you should not taint or diminish it by implying the reason they did well was because their opponents weren't very good.

OscarTheBoxer

Postby OscarTheBoxer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:52 am

KDunbar wrote:I'm not sure how this post was even allowed to be started. You might whisper this to a friend, but to publicly make a statement this mean and offensive is another matter. Whoever wrote it should put in the time, effort, and not to mention heart, then experience the feeling of disappointment these wrestlers did. The places they finished in is actually something to be proud of, only one (or maybe two) other wrestler in the state did better and those wrestlers must have been very, very good to finish ahead of these four wrestlers. If you watched the matches you know that to be true. If you are truly proud of the Independence teams success you should not taint or diminish it by implying the reason they did well was because their opponents weren't very good.

I think if someone isn't close to one of these teams it comes across way less derogatory than it appears you are taking the original post. I took it as genuine as a complement to those on EF's team in the lower weights. As well as a complement to the Indy kids. Maybe I am naïve?

Either way I think they both (as well as many others) have a lot to be proud of. And if someone didn't reach their goal this time around, the off season starts now. Go Get it!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 pm

KDunbar wrote:I'm not sure how this post was even allowed to be started. You might whisper this to a friend, but to publicly make a statement this mean and offensive is another matter. Whoever wrote it should put in the time, effort, and not to mention heart, then experience the feeling of disappointment these wrestlers did. The places they finished in is actually something to be proud of, only one (or maybe two) other wrestler in the state did better and those wrestlers must have been very, very good to finish ahead of these four wrestlers. If you watched the matches you know that to be true. If you are truly proud of the Independence teams success you should not taint or diminish it by implying the reason they did well was because their opponents weren't very good.

I say great tournament and congratulations are in order to EF. I point out that Indy did a great job too. If you are so sensitive that you believe that someone who says congratulations to both teams is being mean or offensive to your kids for doing very well at the tournament then I recommend Prozac 60mg and I hope that your paranoia does not ruin wrestling for them. I have watched the Ricky Bobby If you Ain't First, You're Last kind of parents ruin many a kid. See a doctor and don't be that guy.

Mason Bailey commented on Indy's "pretty amazing feat", did that upset you as well?

indyms

Postby indyms » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:22 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:

I say great tournament and congratulations are in order to EF. I point out that Indy did a great job too. If you are so sensitive that you believe that someone who says congratulations to both teams is being mean or offensive to your kids for doing very well at the tournament then I recommend Prozac 60mg and I hope that your paranoia does not ruin wrestling for them. I have watched the Ricky Bobby If you Ain't First, You're Last kind of parents ruin many a kid. See a doctor and don't be that guy.

Mason Bailey commented on Indy's "pretty amazing feat", did that upset you as well?

Our society has really become this? Someone congratulates 2 teams and somewhere in the post it is construed as mean. As a parent of an incoming Indy HS wrestler, I actually (if you can believe it) cheered for other kids besides Indy. While you're on the Prozac, dim your lights, put some Pink Floyd on and just Breathe in the Air.

Congrats to all the wrestlers and coaches!!! As to not offend congrats to the families, table workers, concession workers, WVSSAC workers, officials, and every other person who was involved in the tournament!

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:41 pm

As one of the parents involved, I took nothing negative from the post. When 2 great wrestlers toe the line, only one will get their hand raised. Great matches, hard work, and congrats to all.

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Diamond wrote:I guess this spot is good as any to apologize to geoswaff and anyone else I might have offended with my "cakewalk" rant. Indy as well as several other region 3 teams brought some heat. I stand corrected and great Job!!!

Appreciate it. Indy was amazing and I noticed that a lot of region 3 outperformed their ranking or no ranking. Thank you for the well wishes.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 am

I agree with ZZchoosetop and OscartheBoxer 100% and K Dunbar 0%. Congrats to the E. Fairmont and Indy kids.

Return to “High School Wrestling”