Top position

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach21

Top position

Postby aacoach21 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Is it me more was there more lifting and possible injuries this year than years past just seems that the top position wrestler has little to no advantage these days with not scoring riding time plus being the offensive wrestle are more quickly hit for stalling when they are on top but now that the bottom wrestler stands you have to take them back to the mat fairly quickly depending on the ref or hit for stalling drive them out of bounds hit for stalling trap their arm to take them to the mat stopped for potentially dangerous trap arm again hit for stalling even if the trapped side is a back trip with no lift still stopped so what is the benefit of wrestling top and why bother seems they want more neutral wrestling and what happened to evading the mat saw this several times this weekend and was never called once bottom wrestler stands top wrestler gets a lifted single leg and bottom wrestler hopped straight out of bounds and was deliberately and was very obvious we was trying to go out and still no call as well as happened in neutral what's your thoughts

Frank Stein

Re: Top position

Postby Frank Stein » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm

I think you should return the bottom wrestler to the mat safely I. A short period or it is stalling. You can effectively limit breathing by squeezing your opponent while standing. But if you're on top on the mat let them ride. If bottom can't get out so be it. You get a point for riding in college. I bet college coaches like good riders. And I've noticed in PA you can ride all day it seems

Return to “High School Wrestling”