Dutton award winner ?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
greencrush

Re: Dutton award winner ?

Postby greencrush » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Crusty1 wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:Adams is the Dutton award winner this year but he is not the best wrestler this state has ever seen .
Ken Chertow, Dylan Cottrel,Josh Fisher, Mitch Smith, Brandon Rader,
Chertow was a two time junier world champion in freestyle and greco pluss a olympic wrestler. .
Dont forget about the guys that paved the way.
Hopefully he will surpass all these guys but not yet.

The only one that I didn't see wrestle in High School was Chertow. So I can't speak to him, but I have watch all of the other 4 wrestle in in high school and college. Out of that list I would say that Rader was the best or most dominant. Is Noah isn't the best, his name is def in the mix with this group for consideration (as far as high school accolades). So, I would say if his name is in the mix, he should be the clear Dutton Award winner.

I'd say Naught is the most dominate wrestler WV has churned out, as far as performance at the collegiate level. He stands a good chance to become NCAA D1 National champion this year.
If not this year, it will happen before his collegiate career is over.

As far as the thread topic, can't argure against Adams for the Dutton.
sentenceseller

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 am

Im assuming the WV wrestler who is ranked #2 in the nation at his weight class will be chosen to be the best wrestler in the state. Come on guys. I enjoy the debate and discussion as much as anyone. But...

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 pm

greencrush wrote:
Crusty1 wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:Adams is the Dutton award winner this year but he is not the best wrestler this state has ever seen .
Ken Chertow, Dylan Cottrel,Josh Fisher, Mitch Smith, Brandon Rader,
Chertow was a two time junier world champion in freestyle and greco pluss a olympic wrestler. .
Dont forget about the guys that paved the way.
Hopefully he will surpass all these guys but not yet.

The only one that I didn't see wrestle in High School was Chertow. So I can't speak to him, but I have watch all of the other 4 wrestle in in high school and college. Out of that list I would say that Rader was the best or most dominant. Is Noah isn't the best, his name is def in the mix with this group for consideration (as far as high school accolades). So, I would say if his name is in the mix, he should be the clear Dutton Award winner.

I'd say Naught is the most dominate wrestler WV has churned out, as far as performance at the collegiate level. He stands a good chance to become NCAA D1 National champion this year.

I assume you meant Haught. And yes, he has a chance this year. I fear that Cox from Mizzou is going to be a tough champ to unseat, however. Maybe next year we can get our first WV born wrestler to the top of the podium! If not, Adams will have a great chance to accomplish an NCAA title in his future.
Tench

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 am

mscoach20 wrote:
greencrush wrote:
Crusty1 wrote:The only one that I didn't see wrestle in High School was Chertow. So I can't speak to him, but I have watch all of the other 4 wrestle in in high school and college. Out of that list I would say that Rader was the best or most dominant. Is Noah isn't the best, his name is def in the mix with this group for consideration (as far as high school accolades). So, I would say if his name is in the mix, he should be the clear Dutton Award winner.

I assume you meant Haught. And yes, he has a chance this year. I fear that Cox from Mizzou is going to be a tough champ to unseat, however. Maybe next year we can get our first WV born wrestler to the top of the podium! If not, Adams will have a great chance to accomplish an NCAA title in his future.

Yes, that's called a typo. Autocorrect got me.
Cottrell might AA this year as well. I just saw that he was WVUs first ever Big 12 champ this year.
sentenceseller

tammyb

Postby tammyb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Duck wrote:
vortexfan wrote:It goes to the best wrestler; it's difficult choice but Pine has a unblemished undefeated record too!

Vortexfan Please help me with understanding what you're saying here. You're really arguing that a 2x 5th placer, 1 time champ should be solidified as "the best wrestler in the state" instead of 2 four time champs or a three timer who also won the pan am games? Buddy I don't think you watched clearly the level of dominance that Adams and Hart showed this year inside of WV.

Adams breezed through the state tournament. Hart the same until the finals(which in my opinion hurts his chances of winning). And even Allman put on a show the entire tournament.

<snip>

mscoach132

Postby mscoach132 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm

tammyb wrote:
Duck wrote:
vortexfan wrote:It goes to the best wrestler; it's difficult choice but Pine has a unblemished undefeated record too!

Vortexfan Please help me with understanding what you're saying here. You're really arguing that a 2x 5th placer, 1 time champ should be solidified as "the best wrestler in the state" instead of 2 four time champs or a three timer who also won the pan am games? Buddy I don't think you watched clearly the level of dominance that Adams and Hart showed this year inside of WV.

Adams breezed through the state tournament. Hart the same until the finals(which in my opinion hurts his chances of winning). And even Allman put on a show the entire tournament.

<snip>

Both Hart and Adams beat Allman, Hart up 13-0 when he pinned him, so you pretty much have to eliminate Allman. Hart has four state championships, Adams three, but we all know that story, it should be four. Pine shouldn't even be in the mix. I'd be fine with Hart and Adams sharing it.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

tammyb wrote:
Duck wrote:

<snip>

Not to mention Adams was sick for the whole tournament and STILL PINNED everyone.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:
tammyb wrote:
Duck wrote:

<snip>

Not to mention Adams was sick for the whole tournament and STILL PINNED everyone.
Temperature of 103 the Sunday after the states.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 am

I've heard of excuses for losing but not for winning.
Adams is the most accomplished wrestler in the state he should be the winner.

Return to “High School Wrestling”