SWISHIER-HAMPSHIER !

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

SWISHIER-HAMPSHIER !

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Dustin Swishier of Hampshier (46-3) and unrated proved a major point at the state tourney ! Just a tenth grader Mr. Swishier placed third pinning the #4 rated wrestler and then pinning the #3 rated wrestler. This was one of the best performances at the state tourney. This guy should be in the running for a state championship for the next two years !

admin
Site Admin

Re: SWISHIER-HAMPSHIER !

Postby admin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:11 pm

ER, um, I think you know this, but it is Dustin Swisher. Name misspelled.

He had been at 7-8 all season.

You wouldn't be funnin' us now, would you?

<smile>
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Swisher WAS 7 or 8 for the first seven ratings, but the 9TH for the last rating. STILL one heck of an achievement ! AND, any team that has a wrestler which has a last name that may be mispronounced by the announcer should let the announcer KNOW how to pronounce the last name. I have never heard so many named mispronounced at a tounament than this state tourney.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Swisher's name is spelled "Swishier" in the brackets. Can this be fixed so when his grandchildren look back on this 50 years from now he won't have anything distracting from his accomplishments?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

jofus

Postby jofus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 am

At least his first name isn't Llama, like the 113 A/AA champ. ;-)

And he shouldn't feel too bad. Jeremy and Steve Tincher have been coaching west for years, even winning the team title and coach of the year a few years ago, and their dad sung the national anthem on finals night again this year for however many in a row that is, and their name is still "Tichner" for the the 3 days of the state tournament :-)

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 am

Don't forget the mispronunciation of coach of the year Cliff Warden's son "Nate Ward" in the finals introduction. But I chuckled every time I heard "Tinchner", "Llama Lasher" (Liam Lusher), "Gama Twig", (Gamon Trigg), "Troy White" (Trey White) and Shady "Springs". The last one especially. After 65 years you would think they would pronounce our high school name correctly in Huntingdon, Western Virginia......

Return to “High School Wrestling”