SUPPORT WV STATE TOURNEY PART 2

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
vortexfan

SUPPORT WV STATE TOURNEY PART 2

Postby vortexfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 pm

The wrestlers competing at Fairmont to finish this years State tournament deserve all the support that can be given! Please try to attend this great event and I encourage folks from all over the state to let their media outlets TV; Radio stations ; Newspapers to cover this event! The dedicated participants deserve this recognition and I hope they make it special for them!

vortexfan

Re: SUPPORT WV STATE TOURNEY PART 2

Postby vortexfan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 pm

If you purchased a pass at State tourney in Huntington it will be honored at Fairmont too! Come out and support the wrestlers let's make it as special or better for theses guys!

soupbone

Postby soupbone » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:21 pm

I feel that all state qualifier wrestlers who were in Huntington for the states should be able to attend , free of charge. It would be nice to have all of their team mates in the stands rooting for them as they rooted for those in Huntington.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 pm

If it were on a Saturday and Sunday, attendance would have been bigger and it could have been more sensationalized for them. I know for a fact that the offer was there to include the brackets at the WVYWA State Championship which would have afforded them a larger audience and allowed them to wrestle in the same arena.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:30 pm

mike.carman wrote:If it were on a Saturday and Sunday, attendance would have been bigger and it could have been more sensationalized for them. I know for a fact that the offer was there to include the brackets at the WVYWA State Championship which would have afforded them a larger audience and allowed them to wrestle in the same arena.

That is disappointing to hear!

Redskinnation

Postby Redskinnation » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:20 pm

After every thing we, the parents and wrestlers have been through in the past 2 weeks, it is really difficult to find anything any good to say about the WVSSAC and this whole situation. A better schedule would of been really nice and helpful to working parents, but Monday and Tuesday. Really. Come On Man..... You have shown that you care very little about the parents and wrestlers. It's all about the bottom dollar to you people....

gridironmike

Postby gridironmike » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 am

It's going to be hard for many of us that are now involved in spring sports.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am

vortexfan wrote:
mike.carman wrote:If it were on a Saturday and Sunday, attendance would have been bigger and it could have been more sensationalized for them. I know for a fact that the offer was there to include the brackets at the WVYWA State Championship which would have afforded them a larger audience and allowed them to wrestle in the same arena.

I was there and was ready to offer this to them and no one would talk to me.
They were not interested in anything I had to say to them.

I feel this was a missed opportunity for the WVSSAC and youth(feeder organizations) to usher in a new era of collaboration and cooperation.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:09 pm

mike.carman wrote:
vortexfan wrote:

I feel this was a missed opportunity for the WVSSAC and youth(feeder organizations) to usher in a new era of collaboration and cooperation.

I think there was a feeling that they needed to be more centralized in order to keep the eastern panhandle folks from travelling another 6 hours in order to compete. I actually think that was one of the few decision where they took the people effected by their decisions into account.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Bucktail wrote:
mike.carman wrote:
vortexfan wrote:

I think there was a feeling that they needed to be more centralized in order to keep the eastern panhandle folks from travelling another 6 hours in order to compete. I actually think that was one of the few decision where they took the people effected by their decisions into account.

Whatever there decision making process was is what it was. I am only saying the offer was on the table but ignored. A simple conversation and a thank you for the offer would have gone a long way to making me more apt to help them in the future if I am in a position to do so. Now, I am not. Pretty simple politics involved. Bridge burned.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:53 pm

I am going to be interested to see how this all turns out. These wrestlers deserve all the pomp and circumstance the others had. I hope it does not turn out as anticlimactic as I think it will. For some of these wrestlers, it will be the last time they set foot on a mat in competition. Good luck to all.

oldschool69

Postby oldschool69 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Good luck to all the boys wrestle in this extra session.they will give everything they have. It's in their blood

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:26 am

This would have been a good opportunity to also set up the AAA vs AA Champions as an added draw. yes? no?

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 pm

I saw the schedule on the front page doesn't actually say when the finals will start. Does this mean it will be wrestled straight through?
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

PsDoll

Postby PsDoll » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Some supporters have grouped together and designed a shirt to show unity and support to the wrestlers. You can order here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =send_form

Shirts are dark blue and gold
Front has WV STATE, highschool wrestling, 2.0 2017
Back: wrestlers name (optional),
3 weights
2 days
1 family

I was also thinking of starting a "go fund me" page to provide a senior from each region at this second tourney a monetary scholarship. It would be a live Facebook feed draw from a hat. Nothing can replace what they missed out on. It's hard to say the lives you touch when you provide opportunities. And I hope that everyone takes away that supporters are standing up and asking for change in decision making from the WVSSAC and that rules are made to be followed. With that said, take the negativity and turn it positive for opportunity and positive change. Happy to hear any feedback. Thanks!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 am

PsDoll wrote:Some supporters have grouped together and designed a shirt to show unity and support to the wrestlers. You can order here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =send_form

Shirts are dark blue and gold
Front has WV STATE, highschool wrestling, 2.0 2017
Back: wrestlers name (optional),
3 weights
2 days
1 family

VERY NICE GESTURE FOR THESE WRESTLERS!

I was also thinking of starting a "go fund me" page to provide a senior from each region at this second tourney a monetary scholarship. It would be a live Facebook feed draw from a hat. Nothing can replace what they missed out on. It's hard to say the lives you touch when you provide opportunities. And I hope that everyone takes away that supporters are standing up and asking for change in decision making from the WVSSAC and that rules are made to be followed. With that said, take the negativity and turn it positive for opportunity and positive change. Happy to hear any feedback. Thanks!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

vortexfan wrote:The wrestlers competing at Fairmont to finish this years State tournament deserve all the support that can be given! Please try to attend this great event and I encourage folks from all over the state to let their media outlets TV; Radio stations ; Newspapers to cover this event! The dedicated participants deserve this recognition and I hope they make it special for them!

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 pm

What time are the final matches slated for on Tuesday? Would be nice to know.
Moderator WV Mat

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Gator wrote:What time are the final matches slated for on Tuesday? Would be nice to know.

I was hoping you would know! Please post if you find out!
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Whereas the finals' time has not been posted, it is obvious that they want to remain flexible on concluding the tournament rather than giving the fans some fixed time to plan with.

On another note, I hope they are selling some of these shirts onsite.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Hope there is a lot of support and the place is packed

magna145

Postby magna145 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:46 pm

vortexfan wrote:Hope there is a lot of support and the place is packed

I hope so as well but it seems very unlikely.

Campion

Postby Campion » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 pm

I am afraid that it will be pretty scarce.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:11 pm

If you took away the South fans, the place would have been a little empty today.

Congratulations to Zane Hinzman and TJ Lambiotte for making the finals and TJ for becoming South's 5th state champion in 2017! Great work guys!

South won by 100 points and Coach Shaun Smith was rewarded with a share of the COY award. A 100 point win over 2nd place PHS.
Moderator WV Mat

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Hindsight, they probably should have held it at the Rod Oldham Center. Team championship was pretty well decided and they would have drawn a bigger crowd and paid less for the building.

Congratualations to all the wrestlers who perservered and gave the fans a bidwell to the 2017 season. Thank you.

Thanks - Brent

Return to “High School Wrestling”