R.I.P. Drake Koontz

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
cribtothecradle

R.I.P. Drake Koontz

Postby cribtothecradle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:47 am

I am writing this for my son, Drake Koontz... going out to all wrestling families who knew my son... He was know as the "Beast From East" representing East Fairmont Bees, from Fairmont WV... He earned his wings, way to soon... He was to graduate with honors this May... He passed away Friday, March 4, 2017... The circumstances surrounding his death are still being investigated... He was celebrating the notification of knowing he was not only going to graduate, but with honors and was going to be awarded the Golden Hammer Award... He maintained a 4.0 average during his entire senior year... I was planning his graduation and now his funeral... His father/Coach is devastated over this whole ordeal... not having any answers yet of what happened to our son can't be put in words... the heart ache in unbearable... It like we are on a rollercoaster and can't stop it...
The viewing will be held at Bartlett's Funeral Home, in Grafton WV... times will be Friday 3/10 from 4 - 8, Saturday, 12 - 8, and the Funeral will be held at the Calvary Baptist Church on highway 119 South of Grafton... R.I.P. my son... known by his friends as Squanto, "The Savage Indian" :(

cribtothecradle

Re: R.I.P. Drake Koontz

Postby cribtothecradle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:08 am

A Go-Fund-Me account has been created to help grant Drake's final wishes... Drake was a very strong and healthy 18 year old man (no matter will always be my baby) whom died way to young... HIs wishes were to be placed in a crypt within a mausoleum... When his grandmother passed he had many questions, he asked his father what his final wishes were... Ron, being claustrophobic did not want to be buried and Drake was dead set against cremation... Drake had decided at that time that he wanted to be placed in a mausoleum... all donations will be put to granting his final wishes... It took the last bit of strength in me to make this post... I cant put in words the pain and grief we are going through... Tell your kids every day how much you love them, for tomorrow is never promised :(

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

So very sorry for your loss. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children. May God's comfort be with you and your family during your time of sorrow.
Moderator WV Mat

simms6764

Postby simms6764 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 am

my prayers go out to you and your family, sorry for your loss

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am

This breaks my heart. I am very sorry for your loss. A parent should never have to bury their child. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless.

aaacoach89

Postby aaacoach89 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 am

As a father I cannot imagine the pain and devastation you are going through. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Sincere condolences and prayers for your family. I can not imagine the pain you must be in. So much potential gone way too soon.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

soupbone

Postby soupbone » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:45 pm

I can think of no greater grief than to bury a child. May God bless and watch over you in your time of sorrow! Soupbone

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:00 pm

I cannot possibly imagine the pain that you and your family will have to endure in the next few days and for the rest of your lives dealing with the loss of a child.

Drake was a fine young man and most certainly left us way too soon.

May God bless you and your entire family in this time of the deepest sorrow imaginable.

Frank

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 am

So sorry for your loss,

tightwaist44

Postby tightwaist44 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 am

Very sad. Prayers for you and your family during this tragic time. RIP drake.

aacoach81

Postby aacoach81 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Condolences for your family's loss.

PsDoll

Postby PsDoll » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:30 pm

My heart is breaking as I read this tragic news. The Doll family sends there love and prayers. We were blessed to have got to know him through the years of pee wee wrestling. God Bless and prayers

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 pm

PRAYERS FOR COMFORT! Sorry to hear this! A lot to be proud memories I'm sure!

4spoiledboyz

Postby 4spoiledboyz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:26 pm

I'll never forget watching him wrestle for the first time. We always called him Superman since the time he was a peewee wrestler. He turned a lot of heads when he was on the mat. When ever I would see his dad at an open tournament I knew to listen for his name so we could see how much he had improved from the previous year.
I am sincerely sorry and saddened by this news. The wrestling community has lost an amazing kid way too soon. Prayers for his family and friends.

suplex7

Postby suplex7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:38 pm

my condolences to your family..drake was a fine wrestler

Return to “High School Wrestling”